EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Paladin
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-28-2005, 01:58 AM   #1
Ebeta

General

I have an Adpet 1 Oath Strike, but I'm low on cash.  I'm currently level 21.  Do I hold onto it or sell it to buy some armor?

Ebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:18 AM   #2
Tepic_Snowm

Hold onto it! This is going to be your best move for a very long time SMILEY Do some wholesaler tasks if you need cash, do not, I repeat do not sell this spell because you'll be regretting it for a long time.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:27 AM   #3
Ebeta

General

Ok,  That answers that question! 

Thanks for not letting me hate myself later!! :smileysurprised:
Ebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:25 AM   #4
Korpo

Loremaster

Oath Strike adepts aren't all that rare of a book, I had about three of them at one time, sold two and scribed one. They drop fairly regularly off of the goliaths (or maybe the giants?) in TS. If you really, really need the cash you could sell it and pick up another one later.Of course, you're better off saving up and getting the adept 3 of Oath Strike, becuase like the other guy said, it's our best attack for a long, long time.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:15 AM   #5
Flet

SELL IT. You can't use it for 7 levels. How many week of adventuring is that. You can probably get 2gp for it right now. Do your AQs and then buy some really nice jewelry or a helm and belt with the cash. The AC and resists will help you earn much more than 2gp back in the next 7 levels. At that point, 2 gp will mean a lot less to you than it does now.

I just hit 29 and once you finish your AQs and get some jewelry, you are set until lvl 30. There's almost no armor upgrade worth getting before then except a nice shield.  I saved up my cash and learned how to harvest and mine for some quests....

Now I have 42gp in the bank without trying. I just sell the loot I win on Lotto and sell my harvesting stuff. Nothing crazy. I have even only gotten one single rare in all my gathering. Now I am ready to buy a full set of Pristine Feyiron when I ding 30... with 20gp left over for spells and such.

So money is much more valuable to you now then it will be at lvl 28 when you could finally use that spell. Get the cash, improve your adventuring ability and save up for your armor and spells for later.

My 2cp.

Lullo - 29 Pally on Bblock
Flet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #6
Brancaleo

Unfortunately it is not a spell that sells for lots of cash as it is fairly common.

You usually see a few ones for sell for like 20-50 s at broker.
Brancaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:52 PM   #7
Darki

General

Yeah, save it. As others have mentioned Oath Strike(Adept I) goes for cheap on the market.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:29 PM   #8
Flet

The answer to save it makes no sense. Because it's cheap? Because it's expensive... both sides have been argued now.

If it's easy to get a hold of then it will only go down in price more in the future. SELL it now and get what you can. You will have a ton more money in 7 levels to buy one when you need it.

Put it on the broker for a price that you would be happy with. If it sells and you get the cash, use it for better gear. If it doesn't sell, then ok - you will still have it in a month when you need it. In the meantime it's a wasted slot in the bank and could be cash in your pocket.

The items you buy with it could be helping you immediately. Instead, you now have a useless item that you can readily purchase again in the future.

Your little Pally is really a business. You have limited resources and you need to maximize them. If you own a business and have cash in the bank and are not buying new machines to generate more profit then you are stupid. Money in the bank (and that is all the spell is right now) is an admission that you are in one of 2 situations:
1) There is no investment that will improve your ability to make money
2) You lack the vision to figure out what will help you grow your business

I don't think you are in situation number one. I am sure there is armor, jewelry and weapons that would help you be a better adventurer.

SELL IT! Use the money to be a better Pally. You will be able to solo more stuff safely, you will be better tank for your group and in the long run, the 1gp (or wahtever it is) will be paid back to you ten times over. Hell, you can even sell whatever you buy with the money when you hit 28 anyway and buy the spell back if you are low on cash then. At least the money locked up in the spell has been put to use for the 7 levels in between.

This really is a simple question. Don't hoard stuff. Put your resources to use.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:00 PM   #9
Darki

General

Flech,I would agree with you, but an Oath Strike (Adept I) goes for 10s on my server. What's he going to do, put some armor on layaway?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:58 PM   #10
Flet

On Butcherblock I don't think I have seen them below 1gp...plus, he is lvl 21, not 38. Even 50sp is a big deal at that level. That buys a decent bracelet, necklace or helm for that level.

I say, put it on the broker above the normal price and hope someone buys it in off peak hours when fewer people are selling. That way if you sell it you make good money, if it doesn't sell...well then you still have the spell for later.

I bet you can sell it to the merchants for more than 11sp. If that's the case, buy every one you can find and sell them all to the merchants and make a profit.

The velium torques that drop in Zek at the rate of 1000 an hour are so cheap on the brokers I am convinced you can do this. They sell for 50sp to the merchants and are being given away on the brokers.

Shhh.... don't tell anyone my new market arbitrage secret.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:52 PM   #11
RSZ

Loremaster

Keep oath strike...all good pally adepts are over 2g on Lavastorm.  If one shows up for silvers it is gone in no time.
RSZ is offline   Reply With Quote