EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 10:15 PM   #1
Lateana

Is the Beta server down? If not, what could be causing a blank black screen after logging onto the Beta server? I can hear music and my cursor changes from a pointer to a hand over various locations, but without a seeing the screen I cannot actually do anything. Live is functioning correctly, so my video card did not suddenly die LOL.
Lateana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #2
Arinna

I don't know what is causing the issue, but I had the same one. I tried deleting and reinstalling beta, copying files, etc, but nothing worked. I eventually just uninstalled the game entirely and did a clean install, and it began working. I know it doesn't help, unless you want to do a clean install too, but there are other people having the same issue, so hopefully they find a fix for it soon.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:33 AM   #3
olleran

I had the same problem, live worked fine but black screen on beta

After checking the forums , it seems to be a dx9 problem ( i have windows 10 ) . I downloaded dx9 and everything seems to work fine now
Old 10-23-2018, 06:05 AM   #4
Lateana

Thanks for the info. I tried the clean install on my C drive and that solved the problem on the other hard drive that had my current EQ2 installation. EQ2 did do a download of Dx10 as it installed so that could have been the culprit.
Several days ago I did a clean install of Win 10 and put EQ2 on a new hard drive instead of the C drive. It could just be a coincidence, but apparently installing on the C drive is now required, but oddly just for Beta Frown
Lateana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:36 PM   #5
Xianthia

It has to be dx9, not any of the others (apparently). Unless that was a typo Smile
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:44 AM   #6
Nizard

I found that the problem is that even though live works with win 10 dx. the beta will not run without dx9 installed on pc. will give you the black screen. if you just install dx9 on the pc also it will work. even though win 10 does not use dx9 the files have to be installed
Old 10-24-2018, 08:04 AM   #7
Cyrrena

On an off note, if you have the drive space it is nice to have 2 separate installs, one for live, one for beta/test. Its faster as you can load the launcher for the installs separately and not have to go to the toolbox to change back and forth.