EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
Retrebution

So I finally got the opportunity to view the Paladin cloak.

First, I have a question about whether the stoneskin upgrade applies to those who use the faith line? Having a group wide stoneskin in and of itself would be pretty neat. That being said, I am not entirely sure why, when pretty much every paladin is asking for something to help close the gap in survival rotation we get another group heal.
If the stoneskin, or the damage shield aren't passed, then it serves even less of a practical purpose as most paladins use lay on hands for those exact reasons.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the cloak to fix Demonstration of Faith? The cloak could be used to turn that into a stoneskin that would even out survival rotation. If not a stonekin, maybe make the ward group wide and increase the the ward amount?

Again, current paladin issues not withstanding, it's not a ability.

Just some thoughts.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:40 AM   #2
Boli

I have a feeling the damage triggers from lay on hands which are quite large is a bad idea of a joke to give pallys more utility.

FYI its not clear in the above post but the pally cloak makes Lay on Hands Groupwide

also LoH is a targetable spell which currently grants the stoneskin to the target as well as the cater when cast upon another.. even outside the group so be interesting to see if the stoneskin/damage triggers pass across to two groups (same as coercer manaflow)
Old 11-05-2015, 12:57 AM   #3
Rainmare

anyone have a link to the paladin cloak to look at?
Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:39 AM   #4
Retrebution

Sorry about the ambiguity, I just read back through my previous post.

I don't have a link currently, but for those wondering, the cloak sports flurry instead of SDA