EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
Irefang

Loremaster

ANY Dev that reads the forums knows the feeling on the brawler changes and how many angry people there will be after the changes...but I really only want to keep ONE THING.

MIDDLE STANCES!!!!

THEY ARE USEFUL!  RECKLESSNESS IS TOTAL CRAP vs. it.

Please don't steal it from an archtype that is getting really, really nerfed aready?

Irefang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

While I think it's rather lame that they're removing our combination stance for no readily apparent reason, I have to wonder why you chose this over all the other things to get upset about. Honestly, the combo stance is mostly useless, really. When tanking, defensive is the only real option (especially once it gets that 5% damage reduction that's meant to cover for our lost mitigation) and when not tanking, you may as well go offensive (or just stay defensive to increase the effectiveness of your avoidance buff).

I'm not sure why they are "replacing" our combination stance with a buff that every other fighter class gets for free, especially when it is in no way functionally similar. But really, I won't miss it.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
katalmach

Loremaster

The_Cheeseman wrote:

Honestly, the combo stance is mostly useless, really. When tanking, defensive is the only real option (especially once it gets that 5% damage reduction that's meant to cover for our lost mitigation) and when not tanking, you may as well go offensive (or just stay defensive to increase the effectiveness of your avoidance buff).

That may be true for high end heroic instances and raids, but for my playstyle, tanking in Black Widow Stance frequently comes in handy. I realize that it's silly to ask SOE to accommodate every single way of playing EQ2 (even though they're the one who coined the phrase "Play it your way"), but as the middle stances are already in the game, it would take no effort at all to just let them remain, and thereby make people like me, my monk friend and the OP happy.

It might not be the biggest or worst change coming our way in this update, but it will have a negative impact on the game for me. So, definitely worth getting "upset" about for some of us.

katalmach is offline   Reply With Quote