EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
mappam

Loremaster

I was just looking at some of the items available at SC and saw the ICE stuff - does anyone know of pics or screenies of this set?

I looked on ....Decorator.com and couldn't find them.

Anyone tried to use the tiles as windows or shower doors lol - or anything "useful"??

Thanks for any links or pics!!!

mappam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Sharann
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Order of the Guiding Light

Loremaster

It's not yet on eq2decorators.com as it was just added to SC. These are the ice building blocks that should also make it to the Halas city festival. Therefore, you can either buy them now with SC or wait for the festival.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
mappam

Loremaster

Thanks Sharann - do you know of any pics - anywhere?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Sharann
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Order of the Guiding Light

Loremaster

Haven't seen pics yet so you'll need to view them in-game. I don't know how quick eq2decorators is being updated, and it seems Everseek is no longer maintained.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
mappam

Loremaster

Thanks again - I will look at some of the Leaderboard homes to see if anyone has used any.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
Aerfen
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Felwithe Freedom Fighters

Loremaster

A lot of decorators may not be using these yet, until they get released to the city festivals (there are a couple of previous threads about the building blocks).  The sheer number of these items I would need to complete a project would cost me a fortune.

The SC Ice tiles are the same as the Polished Ice Tiles already in game, that are from the Halas City Festival.  I did use the festival tiles as windows in my house - Lady Aerfen's Estate - on Crushbone.  If you visit Crushbone you can access the estate through the Leaderboards Hall of Fame.

Hope that helps!

Edit to add: here's the link to the estate in case you don't have room to make a toon on CB - http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=508681

SMILEY

Thank you for giving carpenters building blocks!! - Lady Aerfen
Aerfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
Bremethor Uthorzant

Loremaster

Yeah i think a lot of folks are upset with these tiles and for good reason so i haven't seen anyone using them yet. But they have a nice glossed over see through appearance to them which makes them somewhat useful when they finally are available in game. Otherwise i won't be buying any of those blocks because like it was mentioned before the sheer amount of money i would need to complete a project with them is so far overblown and off the charts to be utterly rediculous for me to actually use them. Most decorators have actually boycotted these items so you may not see screenies of them till they are released in game. 

Old 01-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
Katine
Server: Oasis

Loremaster

Here are a few screenshots I took of my husband's Storm Isle he is working on.

This is a work in progress of a Velious Portal he is making.  You can see the tiles, a few blocks, and ice columns.  They look real great when placed over water and in front of other objects.

Singing Kitty of the Oasis Server

Troubador, Home Decorator, and Tradeskiller
Katine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
mappam

Loremaster

THANK YOU Soooo much for the screenies and info!

I do and don't agree with items on SC. For me it does allow me to obtain some items I would not normally have access to. I can't "do" Gold at this time as I just can't spend the money for a monthly commentment. BUT I have told all my friends/family about SOE Gift Cards.

I did take advantage of the triple SC and have another card I am holding onto until the next double/triple offer.

I am a returning player. I have been playing for like 5-6 years - then quit until "free" extended came out. So I just had the Reg and Extened combined. With all the /claim awards etc. Plus all the "grandfathered" characters added. Most of which I have forgotten how to play LOL!

I am at a loss on all the New Stuff! Trying to catch-up is stretching my brain past what it wants to do lol. I spend as much time researching as I do playing.

I LOVE to decorate and with my 'main' being a carpenter I spend time trying to level her (54 Carpenter/40 Warrior ATM) so I can finally create some of the Real Goodies!

I HATE that you have to BUY Broker tokens! I use to make a lot of coin by "playing" the broker! So I do have this Love/Hate thing going on with SC....

Thank you all again - I Really appreciate the info and pics!

Edit to add - I LOVE your home Aerfen!!! Thanks for the link as I do not have Crushbone or room for more characters.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
Katine

Loremaster

I'm happy to help and give back even just a little to the community that helped me SO much already!

I agree with you about the station cash - it's a love hate thing.  I'm just returning from a 2 year break and my brain is still oozing out of my ears from overload.

I think I'm almost researched out (at least the initial rush) and now trying to gather everything I need to start building.  The worst part for me is everything I want is unavailable or I have to wait months until the event rolls around.  Buying from the broker isn't an option since I have very little coin due to in-game inflation and not playing for a while.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
mappam

Loremaster

Ahhh Christinee - you GET where I am coming from!

With SOO much added - both in housing, tradeskills and adventuring - it is almost impossible for an old fossil like me to catch-up!

I feel like all I do is ask questions about things that 'continuing' players already know lol.

My 'main' is in the same state as your character - very little coin to actually get the items I want/need to decorate (the way I want it to look). I am SOO JEALOUS of some of these screenshots! I just can't afford to get the items needed to make curtains (canapied sp? beds) or Vampire mirrors etc.

I don't really know what to do first - adventure for coin or try to make the items my carpenter CAN make at this time.....

Thanks for the reply - at least I know there is someone else in the same boat as I am - can you lend me a pair of ear plugs so the brain stops oozing out my ears?

Edit to add - I think I am going to get a small (suburbian lol WillowWood type) home and try to decorate with ONLY the items my carpenter can make.....Might be a fun project and doable?? If it works I will post some pics.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #12
Katine

Loremaster

Pam,

Yes, it does sound like we are both in the same boat!  I just started seriously playing again about a week and a half ago.  I spent waaaayyyy too much time last week (and the week before) asking endless questions, googling, searching, drooling over pictures here, googling more, and asking more questions.

Then I came to a point where I was ready to give up in frustration of not knowing where to begin! My main is 81, all my crafters are 50 (except my provisioner who's 80).  I so want my carpenter to 90, but I want my main to 90 so she can harvest easier and start working on faction and making coin for house items.

What I did was just let the "wind" guide me so to speak.  I rummaged through the house and found a spiral notebook that I used to start making notes. I have pages (already) of new house ideas, a list of homes on other servers to visit, and some basic notes about factions to work on for house items.  That kind of helped me organize my thoughts a bit better.

Then I got in game and just started doing what ever came to mind first.  One day I toured a few houses on my server and another other server.  Another day I logged in all my tradeskill alts to see what supplies they had and make sure they were all where I wanted them to be (Halas, for ts'ing), then another day my husband needed help with his epic in Kunark, so we did that then we did a few other dungeon crawls in Kunark with our mercenaries.  

This weekend, I'm grinding out strong root beers for the elder in Darklight grotto for the Moonlight enchantment so I can get the tokens to buy the items I want for my house.  

The initial "shock" and excitement wore off to the point now where I can go more than 5 minutes without feeling compelled to google something about EQ2 or look at more pictures here of other homes. LOL Now it's more of a controlled addiction then an out of control one ROFL  

The thing that helped me was to get rganized with what my game goals are, then set priorities, then just start doing.  Then again, I'm also flexible enough by nature that if something else strikes my mood I'll go with it (like last night when I went to Loping Plains to do the worg mount quest that I forgot I did then got sidetracked harvesting for that "brat" Quo in Isle of Mara then got sidetracked again farming shinies in Mistmoore to finish up some collections and try to get the Fay expert goggles so I can get the mistmoore piano! LOL

What server are you on?  Feel free to send me a PM letting me know your server and main char's name.  I'm on Oasis, but this is my posting alt, I don't play her at all.

Christine

PS sorry for the off-topic thread in the homeshow! Back to decorating and oogling!