EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Pavahac
Server: Guk
Guild: Lions den

Loremaster

Thanks for the ring but doesn't that make speed buff spells obsolete? If so, are there any plans to give those with the speed buff spells new ones, make them stack or improve them? It is now a wasted spell.

Pavahac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Jaylo
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Vertigo

Loremaster

Is that the speed buff ring that only works in zones where mounts are already allowed?

I haven't even bothered to cast it, because there's plenty of free mounts that are faster.

Jaylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

It is most wonderful if one is using an illusion, or for winged races that would rather glide about than ride a mount.  SMILEY

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
Valonia

Loremaster

I love that ring!

Since the buff to ground mount speeds this is the first time that my little Tigress is running at mount speed again! Rawr! Tigress iz fastest, everyone knows that! (Except that there are a few percents missing .. but then Tigers never were good at math =))

I can see the ring cutting into run-speed totem sales. But then it's really rather inconvenient since

• it only holds for 30 minutes
  • has no autorecast
  • has to be worn to be activated
  • only works 'outdoors'

A new totem that yields the same speed would be awesome though! One could argue that it's counter-immersive .. but then running at 100% (which is very possible given the right classes) is not very realistic either and it opens up a ton of illusions people 'cannot use' in many zones/instances because they'd be slowing down the group.

Valonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Nameliss
Server: Mistmoore

Loremaster

The ring functions almost like a mount (other than the annoying equip and recast every 30 minutes). So I always use this ring when creating new characters, right up until i get the first mount quest finished around lvl 17-19.

Then it gets banked and never touched again.

Nameliss is offline   Reply With Quote