EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Dungeon Maker
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Maroger

Loremaster

Where are some sort of directions. AND NO I DON'T TO UTUBE OR TWITTER OR ANY OF THAT STUFF THAT GETS HACKED ALL THE TIME.

Is there some set of comprehensible written directions for this suff ?

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
GussJr

Loremaster

Maroger wrote:

Where are some sort of directions. AND NO I DON'T TO UTUBE OR TWITTER OR ANY OF THAT STUFF THAT GETS HACKED ALL THE TIME.

When have there ever been any written instructions for anything EQ2-related that have not been player created?  Just play around with it, scan the forums, or ask in level chat.

Siame, 90 K. Zerk, 90 Alchemist

Palayna, 34 Fae Monk, 90 Master Carpenter

Beastmastress, 90 WE BL, 31 Prov
GussJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Maroger

Loremaster

GussJr wrote:

Maroger wrote:

When have there ever been any written instructions for anything EQ2-related that have not been player created?  Just play around with it, scan the forums, or ask in level chat.

I don;t want to spend a lot of time on it - I just want the green horse. I can't figure out after you select a layout how you do naything with it. There seems to be no way to decorate it like a house - it's is really poorly designed if they were too lazy to put out a manual to use it.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
GussJr

Loremaster

Maroger wrote:

GussJr wrote:

Maroger wrote:

I don;t want to spend a lot of time on it - I just want the green horse. I can't figure out after you select a layout how you do naything with it. There seems to be no way to decorate it like a house - it's is really poorly designed if they were too lazy to put out a manual to use it.

LOL @ you calling SOE lazy...when you've admitted you don't want to put any effort into it at all, yourself.

It is actually a great tool if you take a little time to work around with it. If you want the mount so much, just run other player's dungeons for tokens...but don't come to the boards whining that there is not a users manual at your fingertips.

Siame, 90 K. Zerk, 90 Alchemist

Palayna, 34 Fae Monk, 90 Master Carpenter

Beastmastress, 90 WE BL, 31 Prov
GussJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
Maroger

Loremaster

GussJr wrote:

Maroger wrote:

GussJr wrote:

Maroger wrote:

LOL @ you calling SOE lazy...when you've admitted you don't want to put any effort into it at all, yourself.

It is actually a great tool if you take a little time to work around with it. If you want the mount so much, just run other player's dungeons for tokens...but don't come to the boards whining that there is not a users manual at your fingertips.

It is ridiculous to put out a product with NO DIRECTIONS. They have directions on playing LON, ond PLAYING EQ2 etc. so they should have directions on this product.  I went to online HELP (WHAT A JOKE) it tells me click on Create dungeon from my character tab - do that name the stupid dugeon but have no idea what happens next - there needs to be some sort of directions for it.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
KatrinaDeath

Loremaster

I think I know of a few games more suited to your needs.

KatrinaDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:57 AM   #7
CatamanderEQ2

Loremaster

Maroger wrote:

GussJr wrote:

Maroger wrote:

If you just want the green horse then just clear some dungeons other people have made.  Per-hour invested you will make a lot more marks as a player than a dungeon builder.  A good dungeon that will be highly ranked will take you more hours to build than it would take to earn even a thousand marks.  And that dungeon, even if ranked in the top five for its map category, will take many days to yield a thousand marks.

In other words, don't bother building a dungeon if you just want a fast path to a thousand marks.  I can earn that solo in probably as little as five hours of solo dungeon grinding, six hours tops.  Give me a duo partner and I can earn that in probably three hours, four hours, tops.  I've made nearly 3,000 marks just doing test runs on the dungeons I have been building, but I bet have yet to earn a thousand marks from my dungeons even though one is the #1 recent action listing in its map category and two others are in the top 10 (first page) for their map categories.  I'm lucky if one of my well-ranked and highly liked dungeons pulls in 250 marks a day for me.

CatamanderEQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
Maroger

Loremaster

CatamanderEQ2 wrote:

Maroger wrote:

GussJr wrote:

Maroger wrote:

If you just want the green horse then just clear some dungeons other people have made.  Per-hour invested you will make a lot more marks as a player than a dungeon builder.  A good dungeon that will be highly ranked will take you more hours to build than it would take to earn even a thousand marks.  And that dungeon, even if ranked in the top five for its map category, will take many days to yield a thousand marks.

In other words, don't bother building a dungeon if you just want a fast path to a thousand marks.  I can earn that solo in probably as little as five hours of solo dungeon grinding, six hours tops.  Give me a duo partner and I can earn that in probably three hours, four hours, tops.  I've made nearly 3,000 marks just doing test runs on the dungeons I have been building, but I bet have yet to earn a thousand marks from my dungeons even though one is the #1 recent action listing in its map category and two others are in the top 10 (first page) for their map categories.  I'm lucky if one of my well-ranked and highly liked dungeons pulls in 250 marks a day for me.

You are right = for me waste of time to build a dungeons. I have been running other peoples dungeons - found one that gives me between 95-100 DM - but it is incredibly boring. Fortunely I have the windrinder curate which make life easier - I started off using the default one you get - they suck - but windrider curate is great.

Get boring doing the same dungeons but hopefullu 2-3 more runs through and I should have enough to buy the horse. I assume that the horse is usable in the regular game? By the way I see they sell other items for DM - like arrows etc. and weapons that look like they are for use in the regular game.