EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
Catria

Loremaster

Okay, so I understand that the Bazaar server will be merging into the Freeport server.  I'm wondering if we could possibly have an option to be moved to a different server.  Yes, I realize that we can pay to have characters transferred but that gets very costly when you have multiple accounts and alts.  Also, being a guildleader, I don't feel it would be fair to tell other members that they have to pay to move their chars to another server to stay with the rest of the guild. 

Is there any way to get a one-time choice of server for our chars?  Is it possible to have an entire guild moved to a server other than Freeport?  

Seems to me it would be easy enough to give each character on the Bazaar and Vox servers a one-time use token for free server transfer.  Make it no-trade (not heirloom).  Then we can choose where we want to go.  

Freeport may be a very nice server, but I'm concerned about lag issues with such a large influx of players into what is already a very busy server.  I would much rather be able to choose where my chars go.

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Yes, if you pay 25 dollars.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Lyssia, 

In the podcast yesteday this question was posed. Smokejumper said they have in the past done free transfer tokens after really large mergers but given that this is just Bazaar and Vox, there is no intention at this time to do so.

Once the dust settles transfer tokens should work between all the servers although, indeed it will have a cost associated with it.

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
Golbezz

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Okay, so I understand that the Bazaar server will be merging into the Freeport server.  I'm wondering if we could possibly have an option to be moved to a different server.  Yes, I realize that we can pay to have characters transferred but that gets very costly when you have multiple accounts and alts.  Also, being a guildleader, I don't feel it would be fair to tell other members that they have to pay to move their chars to another server to stay with the rest of the guild. 

Is there any way to get a one-time choice of server for our chars?  Is it possible to have an entire guild moved to a server other than Freeport?  

Seems to me it would be easy enough to give each character on the Bazaar and Vox servers a one-time use token for free server transfer.  Make it no-trade (not heirloom).  Then we can choose where we want to go.  

Freeport may be a very nice server, but I'm concerned about lag issues with such a large influx of players into what is already a very busy server.  I would much rather be able to choose where my chars go.

I suspect it has more to do with keeping the anti-exchange players on the live servers from getting too upset about puchased characters and coin showing up on their servers directly. EQ2x is at least a closer ruleset to exchange so I suspect fewer players are against that merge vs any other live server.

Golbezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Catria

Loremaster

That just seems wrong to me.  I have to say I'm miffed at being "just" Bazaar and Vox.  There's a lot of people involved here even if we have lower server populations.  I have about 30 characters and I'm certainly not going to pay 750 dollars to move them to a different server even if I could afford it.

Since SoE is making us move, it seems to me that SoE could at least give us the option as to where.  

Edited to add:  Freeport has a large server population already and is having major lag issues and long queues.   Even if the population moving into the server is small, it's still a matter of having an overpopulated server.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
Catria

Loremaster

Golbezz wrote:

I suspect it has more to do with keeping the anti-exchange players on the live servers from getting too upset about puchased characters and coin showing up on their servers directly. EQ2x is at least a closer ruleset to exchange so I suspect fewer players are against that merge vs any other live server.

Considering that ALL servers will now have the same ruleset/model that the EQ2X servers are now, that makes no sense, really.  Everyone is going to be in the same boat.  The only difference will be PvP vs PvE rulesets.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
agentsix

Loremaster

Edited to add:  Freeport has a large server population already and is having major lag issues and long queues.   Even if the population moving into the server is small, it's still a matter of having an overpopulated server.

Freeport is lag free and has no queues at all.

agentsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
Catria

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Freeport is lag free and has no queues at all.

That's not what I have seen in chat, posts and Smed's own twitter.... but I could be wrong of course. SMILEY

Old 11-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
Golbezz

Loremaster

That just seems wrong to me.  I have to say I'm miffed at being "just" Bazaar and Vox.  There's a lot of people involved here even if we have lower server populations.  I have about 30 characters and I'm certainly not going to pay 750 dollars to move them to a different server even if I could afford it.

Since SoE is making us move, it seems to me that SoE could at least give us the option as to where.   

If it becomes overpopulated they could server split but I don't see a huge population increase coming to the game all at once. I know this happened in EQ, when a split was announced you had a period of time to enter a / command to flag each character you wanted to split to the new server.

There are also many of us on the current live servers that don't want exchange server transfers directly. Forced transfer to freeport for the most part limits the majority of the damage to that server.

You chose to play on exchange. Don't be surprised that many on the live servers don't want exchange transfers at all since many players on the current live servers have highly negative views of those who engage in the trading that was allowed on exchange servers. Be glad you even have the option to move off freeport after the merge.

Golbezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

Lyssi[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

there is like 9 active players on bazaar so the influx will not even be noticed.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

I didnt mean to say "only" Bazaar and Vox but in a sense of 2 servers are being merged which affect a small population as opposed to 10 servers are being merged which affect a large portion of the population.

At this point I do believe they will get through the merger and monitor to see what makes sense. If it warrants transfer tokens it may be something they will allow at some point after it is done.

As for Freeport - it runs well, the lag is really not much worse and spikes. I hope they will funnel additional resources into additional hardware upgrades since they are streamlining their business model now. Time will tell. Besides, you would be missed. Go roll a noob toon up on a free account and wander about a bit over there SMILEY

Old 11-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #12
Hellcatt

Lord

Lots of Freeporters talking about transfering servers also so the merger might balance things out.

Hellcatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
Catria

Loremaster

I didnt mean to say "only" Bazaar and Vox but in a sense of 2 servers are being merged which affect a small population as opposed to 10 servers are being merged which affect a large portion of the population.

At this point I do believe they will get through the merger and monitor to see what makes sense. If it warrants transfer tokens it may be something they will allow at some point after it is done.

As for Freeport - it runs well, the lag is really not much worse and spikes. I hope they will funnel additional resources into additional hardware upgrades since they are streamlining their business model now. Time will tell. Besides, you would be missed. Go roll a noob toon up on a free account and wander about a bit over there

Awww... nice to know you would miss me, Art!  

Old 11-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
Oisin

Loremaster

Honestly, I've never had lag and I've never been queued even a single time. 

Oisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #15
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Oisin wrote:

I have played there little but it seems like a good community there. I hope there is a positive reaction there about the merger, I for one am looking forward to it.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #16
agentsix

Loremaster

Oisin wrote:

I have played there little but it seems like a good community there. I hope there is a positive reaction there about the merger, I for one am looking forward to it.

If you check out the Extended forums its seems nearly everyone is very happy about the merger and looking forward to having the Bazaar come over. In fact, many of us were former Bazaar players ourselves SMILEY

agentsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #17
Ilovecows
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

I don't see the reason behind why you would want to move to a specific live server.  Mind explaining that to me?

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #18
Haciv

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I don't see the reason behind why you would want to move to a specific live server.  Mind explaining that to me?

For me, I have most of my toons on Permafrost but I do have a couple on Bazaar to sell items on LG.  Now, I would like to reunite my Bazaar toons with my Permafrost toon since LG will be shut down.  I have no intention of playing on FP server, ever.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #19
Finora

Tester

While I understand people not necessarily wanting to be merged to the server they are getting merged to, pretty much all of the other servers have at one time or another been merged into another (or had another merged into them) and we've never had the choice of which one we get moved to. Back when I was on Grobb I really didn't want to be merged onto Everfrost (which was rumored at the time to have stability problems) yet to Everfrost we went anyway. More recently I know there were people on Blackburrow that didn't want to be merged onto Everfrost, they were in the same boat. Some of them paid for transfers off after the merger. 

I see no reason at all that it should be different for Vox & Bazaar. They are just following their standard merger proceedure.

And just to address the 'overpopulation' of Freeport server. Don't believe some of the trolly eq2X drum bangers that have been poking around on the forums. The population isn't that huge there.  There's a lot of people, more than most of the live servers, but its not bad. It seemed pretty smooth and lag free for me as well. Was smoother than EF was before the server upgrades for sure even with far more people in a zone.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #20
Tekadeo

Loremaster

Bazaar refugess are DUE server transfers.  Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with the merge to real servers--but when DoV launched they gave -everyone- free server transfer tokens except The Bazaar.  We are owed these now, I believe.

Over the years, when all everyone has ever told us is, "If you want to escape, re-roll elsewhere," quite a few of us chose a myriad of different servers.  I for one rolled new toons on AB, even spent the last few months getting them up to snuff to be able to almost raid at 90.  Ideally I'd like all my toons to be together.

I'll say it again, Bazaar refugess are DUE free transfers after the merge!  It is what's fair.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
Tekadeo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

While I understand people not necessarily wanting to be merged to the server they are getting merged to, pretty much all of the other servers have at one time or another been merged into another (or had another merged into them) and we've never had the choice of which one we get moved to. Back when I was on Grobb I really didn't want to be merged onto Everfrost (which was rumored at the time to have stability problems) yet to Everfrost we went anyway. More recently I know there were people on Blackburrow that didn't want to be merged onto Everfrost, they were in the same boat. Some of them paid for transfers off after the merger. 

I see no reason at all that it should be different for Vox & Bazaar. They are just following their standard merger proceedure.

And just to address the 'overpopulation' of Freeport server. Don't believe some of the trolly eq2X drum bangers that have been poking around on the forums. The population isn't that huge there.  There's a lot of people, more than most of the live servers, but its not bad. It seemed pretty smooth and lag free for me as well. Was smoother than EF was before the server upgrades for sure even with far more people in a zone.

When many servers were merged before Velious launch link, you were given Free Transfer Day as part of the Twelve Days of Velious link.  5 per account.  We are owed these now imo SMILEY

Old 11-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #22
screenid

Loremaster

Freeport is an AWESOME server!!

Great community....

I forsee Naggy and AB getting hit hard with the newest influx of players.   Lots of Freeport PEEPS have been crying for PVP .... and for some reason ...a few think the Grass is Greener over on AB  (Boggles)   

screenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #23
Wolfsbaine
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wartorn

Loremaster

I def think giving the Bazaar people the free transfer tokens would be nice. We could get them before, but since we were on an LG enabled server we couldnt use them

Old 11-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #24
TalisX1

Loremaster

Tekadeo wrote:

Bazaar refugess are DUE server transfers.  Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with the merge to real servers--but when DoV launched they gave -everyone- free server transfer tokens except The Bazaar.  We are owed these now, I believe.

Over the years, when all everyone has ever told us is, "If you want to escape, re-roll elsewhere," quite a few of us chose a myriad of different servers.  I for one rolled new toons on AB, even spent the last few months getting them up to snuff to be able to almost raid at 90.  Ideally I'd like all my toons to be together.

I'll say it again, Bazaar refugess are DUE free transfers after the merge!  It is what's fair.

Vox and Naggy did not get them either.

Silat

TalisX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #25
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

Don't leave Vox out! SMILEY some of us there would love some free transfer tokens as well! I played on vox for about 4 years before things started changing in PvP.. then got kind of fed up and re-rolled on LDL.  It would be great to have all of my toons on CB together now. I agree with the sentiment that everyone got free transfers, but we on the exchange servers couldnt really use them... and vox was stuck anyway, being PvP AND exchange.

My new toons on CB are better than my old toon on Vox.. I would just like to get some of my house items and (non-PvP) gear from the old vox storage unit. SMILEY

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #26
Thalesian

Lord

Oisin wrote:

It is, and there is! At least from all those on Freeport who don't succum to the 'afraid of any change' syndrome! Which really is ironic because out of all the servers, Freeport is going to change the least: It's already F2P. I think this is a great idea what SOE's doing overall. I only wish We'd get rid of the Freeport name and keep The Bazaar; it's much nicer.

Thalesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #27
Styx
Server: Mistmoore

Loremaster

OK, This may be a dumb question and is likely to generate a flame or two, but I looked all over before posting.

The email said Bazaar server is merging with Freeport server, but I cannot see the Freeport server anywhere. I checked EQ2Players and it is not in the server drop-down selection list. I tried to make a character on Freeport but it is not in the character creation server selection list. I looked on the Network & Server Status page and it is not in the list. I even checked the FAQ for a list of all servers and it is not on the list.

I just want to see if my Bazaar (not bizzare) character name is taken on the destination server.

Also, if there is such a server, why the heck isn't it on any server list? SMILEY

Thanks very much!

Styx Adzarus - 1st Iksar ranger90 on Permafrost

Styx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #28
Catria

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

OK, This may be a dumb question and is likely to generate a flame or two, but I looked all over before posting.

The email said Bazaar server is merging with Freeport server, but I cannot see the Freeport server anywhere. I checked EQ2Players and it is not in the server drop-down selection list. I tried to make a character on Freeport but it is not in the character creation server selection list. I looked on the Network & Server Status page and it is not in the list. I even checked the FAQ for a list of all servers and it is not on the list.

I just want to see if my Bazaar (not bizzare) character name is taken on the destination server.

Also, if there is such a server, why the heck isn't it on any server list?

Thanks very much!

Styx Adzarus - 1st Iksar ranger90 on Permafrost

That's because Freeport is an EQ2X server, not a regular server.  You have to download and install the EQ2X client to access that server.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #29
Styx
Server: Mistmoore

Loremaster

Ah thanks! So does that mean after the merge I will still need to install the eq2x client to play my merged character on the destination server (Freeport)?

Styx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #30
Banedon_Toran

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Ah thanks! So does that mean after the merge I will still need to install the eq2x client to play my merged character on the destination server (Freeport)?

No

EQ2X installations will patch themselves to EQ2, nobody needs to do anything different.

With regards to lag and queues, we had issues for a short while like most live servers but we've been lag free and have had NO queues for a very long time, in fact we only had queues when Sony was purposely reducing the number of people on the server to diagnose a network fault.

Banedon_Toran is offline   Reply With Quote