EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
Firecracker
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Knights of Qeynos
Rank: MARSHALS (Crafters)

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 703
Default

I've tried to log into two times and says can't find server and re run patcher but how do I do that? Isn't it a automatic thing it does?

__________________
Firecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
khukuri

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1
Default

It's the same for me...started about 28 minutes ago...I check the status page however and it shows the servers up...hmmmm

khukuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
Duhikae
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Holy Might
Rank: Citizen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 29
Default

Down for me as well.

Duhikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
Pewtriid

Augur
Pewtriid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 40
Default

I was in game on two accounts.  I needed to log my second account onto the good system, so logged both out and switched accounts....now NEITHER machine can get in.  I think SOMETHING is broken in the chain SMILEY

Pewtriid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
Valentina
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: House of Fallen Shadows
Rank: Empress

Loremaster
Valentina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 509
Default

Same.
Valentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
Seashell
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Revelations
Rank: Non-raiders

Loremaster
Seashell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 53
Default

Same SMILEY

Seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 AM   #7
Mermut

Loremaster
Mermut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 852
Default

Down SMILEY

__________________
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, But not hang it by the neck until dead.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 AM   #8
Emerica

Lorekeeper
Emerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
Default

It shows up as down when you first log in, if you sit there it switches to showing the server is up but once you go to load in it says that your character cannot be found and you have to relog.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
Pewtriid

Augur
Pewtriid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 40
Default

Emerica wrote:

It shows up as down when you first log in, if you sit there it switches to showing the server is up but once you go to load in it says that your character cannot be found and you have to relog.

Well, there's that - and the fact that only 4 of my charaters are showing, when one account has 7 on it.  (at least the ones showing up are the ones I have the most work on....if the others were TRULY gone, it wouldn't be sucha bad thing).

Maybe the log in server is fine and the GAME server is fine, but the link between the two is down.....check that guys.

Pewtriid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #10
Hanthos
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: The Wretched
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Hanthos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4
Default

Pewtriid wrote:

Emerica wrote:

It shows up as down when you first log in, if you sit there it switches to showing the server is up but once you go to load in it says that your character cannot be found and you have to relog.

Well, there's that - and the fact that only 4 of my charaters are showing, when one account has 7 on it.  (at least the ones showing up are the ones I have the most work on....if the others were TRULY gone, it wouldn't be sucha bad thing).

Maybe the log in server is fine and the GAME server is fine, but the link between the two is down.....check that guys.

Getting the exact same thing.

Hanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:57 AM   #11
Pewtriid

Augur
Pewtriid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 40
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Pewtriid wrote:

Emerica wrote:

It shows up as down when you first log in, if you sit there it switches to showing the server is up but once you go to load in it says that your character cannot be found and you have to relog.

Well, there's that - and the fact that only 4 of my charaters are showing, when one account has 7 on it.  (at least the ones showing up are the ones I have the most work on....if the others were TRULY gone, it wouldn't be sucha bad thing).

Maybe the log in server is fine and the GAME server is fine, but the link between the two is down.....check that guys.

Getting the exact same thing.

I just had a TERRIBLE thought cross my mind... maybe the server is down!    (tongue-in-cheek....I'm not trying to be sarcastic towards anyone.   Just trying to make the best of the situation via humor.)

Pewtriid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:58 AM   #12
Hanthos
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: The Wretched
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Hanthos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4
Default

OH NOES!!! REALLY!!!

Hanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:58 AM   #13
Mezz
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Order of the Outcast
Rank: Hard Taco (85%+)

Loremaster
Mezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Same thing here, does it for both my accounts and I didn't have the 2nd account logged in at all yet it gives the same results.

Mezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #14
Jelrak

Tester
Jelrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 186
Default

Server just went down -- hopefully that means a reboot which will correct the issue!

Jelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #15
Pewtriid

Augur
Pewtriid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 40
Default

[email protected] wrote:

OH NOES!!! REALLY!!!

If ya don't believe me, you won't be the first!  I mean, uh, just try it if you don't believe me!  Yeah, that's what I meant!

Pewtriid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #16
Firecracker
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Knights of Qeynos
Rank: MARSHALS (Crafters)

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 703
Default

Can we get a mod to give us some info as to weather its being looked into and posibly time when we can get back into game?

__________________
Firecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:16 AM   #17
Pewtriid

Augur
Pewtriid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 40
Default

Server status page shows locked, so maybe soon?

Pewtriid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:21 AM   #18
Aravyndra

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6
Default

Butcherblock is down for me too.

Seems there's been a LOT of bugs today. First Barren Sky disappeared, then people were crashing back to windows, now the server is going down. So it may have gone down for a fix up

Aravyndra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:24 AM   #19
Emerica

Lorekeeper
Emerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Whats there to fix up? Didnt they just fix it?

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #20
Taqua

Loremaster
Taqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7
Default

they are always fixing it SMILEY

Taqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:27 AM   #21
Emerica

Lorekeeper
Emerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Yeah thats true.

I remember them taking it down for a day or something fairly long not too long ago. Messed up my level grinding!

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #22
Taqua

Loremaster
Taqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7
Default

With the missing Barren Sky problem I'd like to think that soe'd be trying to fix things asap, however I get the feeling that this was an unexpected server fail... not good.. grrr.

Taqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #23
Hanthos
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: The Wretched
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Hanthos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4
Default

I'm just finding it funny as I haven't been on in several months and decided to take the night off from Vanguard and do some leveling on my EQ2 toons! That'll teach me!

Hanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #24
Pewtriid

Augur
Pewtriid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 40
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I'm just finding it funny as I haven't been on in several months and decided to take the night off from Vanguard and do some leveling on my EQ2 toons! That'll teach me!

Does that mean YOU broke it, and not me?

Pewtriid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #25
Taqua

Loremaster
Taqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7
Default

Pewtriid wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm just finding it funny as I haven't been on in several months and decided to take the night off from Vanguard and do some leveling on my EQ2 toons! That'll teach me!

Does that mean YOU broke it, and not me?

oddly enough, I'm in the UK and I'm not normally on at this time.. maybe I broke it? ;D

Taqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:38 AM   #26
Aravyndra

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6
Default

Barren Sky was missing for a few hours, but then it returned and was working fine for me tonight when I was harvesting there. In fact, I'm only guessing at the reasons it went down this time, because it seemed to be working good for me all night up to it kicking me off and not letting me back on. I know others have been complaining all day about being kicked and not being able to get back on. So I don't know. it may be a fix for that.

Aravyndra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:41 AM   #27
Aravyndra

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6
Default

on a positive note, about a minute ago it said my characters and the server were down. Now it says the characters and the server is locked. From down to locked has to be a plus... ?

Aravyndra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:41 AM   #28
Aravyndra

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6
Default

game back online!

Aravyndra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:37 AM   #29
Isulith

Community Relations
Isulith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 391
Default

Cinnimon wrote:

Can we get a mod to give us some info as to weather its being looked into and posibly time when we can get back into game?

We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience! Butcherblock did go down it looks like, but it should be back up now. Please let us know if you are having any more problems. Thank you for your patience!

Isulith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:01 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.