EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 AM   #1
Niag

Lorekeeper

Oi folks,

RAF certainly gives a bonus for killing NPCs. Has anyone confirmed if it works for normal quest turn ins?

I'm getting 5 different answers on my server. I've searched the forums and also have seen different results. Some people swear it does, others claim not.

Anyone know?

Niag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #2
Deago

Loremaster

I dont know but so far on low lv's im seeing it boost quest exp...intended or not ...no clue. 

Really not a big deal imho but *shrugs*

Old 10-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #3
Grumble69

Loremaster

AFAIK, *nothing* boosts quest xp.  I have loaded up my char to the gills to get past the 80-90 hump on a bonus weekend and it's almost as slow as a normal day.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
Kaeri
Server: Unrest

Defender

That's funny because my husband joined me last week as a RAF and at 75 I saw barely a budge in my combat xp but 3 or 4 minor quests leveled me (was at around 15% before turning them in),so  I was definitely getting a significant bonus added to that. I have not played with him again since the patch though.

Kaeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #5
ThomasCH

Loremaster

I can confirm and assure you that Recruit-A-Friend indeed does boost your quest XP gain as long as you are in the same area. I only just 2 weeks ago 4 boxed 4 characters to lv90 by questing from 1 to 90 with the Recruit-A-Friend program.

What it does not is increase your AA XP when you kill nameds. Doesnt matter if you have it enabled or not for that, it wont go higher than if you didnt have it.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
satuu

Philosopher

I just started playing again using RAF and I did notice a gain in quest exp.  I dont think it has to do with RAF though.  Certain quests seem to give double or more exp than others.  I figured it had to do with main story quest line aka golden path.  I am in RoK and certan quests still give double the normal exp though.  I hope someone can shed some light.  I am curious if that is the case. 

satuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
ThomasCH

Loremaster

It has nothing to do with the quests. I've fully tested this by turning in with RAF and without. RAF even boost the discovery XP.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #8
Grumble69

Loremaster

It looks like RAF does indeed effect quest XP now.  But it's not quite the full amount.  I did a test with 2 L16 chars that I had.  Exact same quest.  Looked at the XP gained at turn-in only.  Both char's sliders were at 100%.  Both chars had their vitality.  The char without the RAF gained 2.1% at turn-in.  The char with RAF gained 5.1%.  So it looks like it's around 140-150% with some rounding error in there.  Going to try another quest or 2 to confirm.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
QuestingCrafter

Loremaster

Grumble69 wrote:

It looks like RAF does indeed effect quest XP now.  But it's not quite the full amount.  I did a test with 2 L16 chars that I had.  Exact same quest.  Looked at the XP gained at turn-in only.  Both char's sliders were at 100%.  Both chars had their vitality.  The char without the RAF gained 2.1% at turn-in.  The char with RAF gained 5.1%.  So it looks like it's around 140-150% with some rounding error in there.  Going to try another quest or 2 to confirm.

Thanks for this -- I was about to spend the time to level another toon up, just to have two at the same level, to do the same test!  :)

QuestingCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
Grumble69

Loremaster

It's possible I wrote the numbers down wrong in my first test.  Did 3 more quests and it's roughly around the +200% mark like it's supposed to be.  Anyway, RAF is definitely boosting quest xp (at least for the lower level ones around CL gates).