EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
MindFury

Loremaster

The event will turn on at 12:01am PDT on August 20th and run until 11:59pm PDT on August 21st...

Are there any plans to increase this by say a day?...I love this event, sadly it only comes around for 24 hours a month, and with 3 accounts it's impossible to make sure I am online, and able to run ALL toons through this, let alone just a few...one would have to dedicate their entire day to running this in the hopes of picking up the items they need/want...This month itself I was sick and wasn't on but a few mins, and there are some house items I'd really love to pick up, but missed it =(

Extending this event another 24 hours would be a major plus to those of us with numerous toons/homes to equip with goodies..Considering how much people charge to buy these items from the broker, which is far too costly for those who have tons of homes to decorate....the once a month 24 hour thing just depresses those of us who love to do up our homes =(

Please consider increasing the time this event is up by another 24 hours !! please please please !!!

MindFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
ssumthing

Loremaster

It actually is 48 hours it lasts .. but I agree, I wouldn't mind just one more day.

ssumthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
Elorah

Loremaster

I stopped doing them to be honest due to having to complete them on 2 accounts.  Although I may be quitting the game at this rate SMILEY

48 hours is pushing it for those with more then 1 account and....  lives.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
Jaremai

Loremaster

Considering the performance hit the servers take while this event is running, 48hrs is plenty.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
erin

Loremaster

Elorah wrote:

I stopped doing them to be honest due to having to complete them on 2 accounts.  Although I may be quitting the game at this rate

What is it that takes so long?  I've done this event with a fairly large number of characters, hitting all 5? zones (can't remember been a while since I bothered).  It takes 10 minutes per zone per char, if you do the quest inside.  At least for me.  In an hour (assuming you have a flag or can get to the further zones quickly, like the GFay one), you can easily do 5 chars in an hour.

48 hours is plenty.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't care if they made the event full time instead of 2 days a month.

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
Elorah

Loremaster

erin wrote:

Elorah wrote:

I stopped doing them to be honest due to having to complete them on 2 accounts.  Although I may be quitting the game at this rate

What is it that takes so long?  I've done this event with a fairly large number of characters, hitting all 5? zones (can't remember been a while since I bothered).  It takes 10 minutes per zone per char, if you do the quest inside.  At least for me.  In an hour (assuming you have a flag or can get to the further zones quickly, like the GFay one), you can easily do 5 chars in an hour.

48 hours is plenty.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't care if they made the event full time instead of 2 days a month.

According to your time it would take me at least 12 hours to get them all done on all of my characters.  That doe snot include travel time sadly (no flag).  

I just gave up to be honest...lol.  It wasn't worth rushing through it anymore.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Rijacki

Tester

Elorah wrote:

erin wrote:

Elorah wrote:

According to your time it would take me at least 12 hours to get them all done on all of my characters.  That doe snot include travel time sadly (no flag).  

I just gave up to be honest...lol.  It wasn't worth rushing through it anymore.

Why is it necessary to do on all your characters on all your accounts every month or none? You can do it on a few this month, a few next, or even skip a month or two if there isn't anything you particularly want from the merchants there. I'm not questioning anyone's gameplay, I'm sincerely curious why it's so important to complete it on all characters that the alternate is to do it on none.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Wow, people that try to do everything on multiple characters and I thought I was bad trying to do it all on 1 toon.

I ran multiple characters through this the first month to complete the shiny collections and do the questing on my primary toon. 

I guess I am at a loss as to what you could possibly be farming these zones for that would require running 60 instances of this each month (5 per hour with 12 hours needed?). Was there something I missed or are we talking about massive decorating obsession with a need for tons of small items from these instances?

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
Illmarr

Loremaster

I'm not saying adding a day would be a bad thing, but...

1) I'm pretty sure there is nothing mandatory about completing them on an army of characters, be it one or twenty-two. Thankfully if you miss a month your account is not banned or your characters deleted.

2) For the time constrained, make EL your "base". World bell to EL, do EL instance. Spires to Nek, walk 50M and do Nek instance. Walk back to spire and return to EL. Druidd to either Darklight or GFay. Do instance, return to EL and do the one you did not. Call to Qeynos if a citizen, or druid ring to Antonica. Maybe someone has an even faster circuit. I'd love to hear about it if they do.

Illmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #10
Jaremai

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Maybe someone has an even faster circuit. I'd love to hear about it if they do.

I assume you have a guild hall with a bell and wizard amenity.

1. Start in GH2. Go to Antonica via Bell3. Call to GH4. Go to Nektulos via GH Wizard5. Go to Ench Lands via Nek Wizard Spire6. Go to Darklight via EL Druid Ring7. Go to GFay via Darklight Druid Ring

That's the fastest circuit unless you're a wizard.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #11
PlaneCrazy

Loremaster

Why don't we just leave it the way it is so we can have something to look forward to every month?

Seriously, that's one of the things about EQ2 that pisses me off the most... this pandering to the hordes of people that want instant gratification.  They want it now and they want it on every one one of their myriad alts.

I was quite happy to come back to this game and see the host of activities that come and go to keep the player's interest. It would cheapen the game experience for me if that stuff was active all the time. Something "special" that happens all the time is no longer "special"... it becomes mundane.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #12
Illmarr

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Maybe someone has an even faster circuit. I'd love to hear about it if they do.

I assume you have a guild hall with a bell and wizard amenity.

1. Start in GH2. Go to Antonica via Bell3. Call to GH4. Go to Nektulos via GH Wizard5. Go to Ench Lands via Nek Wizard Spire6. Go to Darklight via EL Druid Ring7. Go to GFay via Darklight Druid Ring

That's the fastest circuit unless you're a wizard.

I do on my home server, I was shooting for one for the player without access to GH amenities. I started a duo brand spanking new on a new server with an old friend and some of his friends from WoW and that pair has no Guild Hall access

Illmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #13
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

i played my main and 5 alts, and never got that Blue Naiad/nayad scale in last 7 months trying...

come on! that 6 chars x 7 months= 42 tries, and they cost 3 to 5 plats on brokers.

it is that RNG is crappy luck of chance.

those extra i sell/sold are very common and worth about 25g to 77g, and few 1p if lucky.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #14
Crismorn

Loremaster

I love the feeling of entitlement that you all have

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #15
Elorah

Loremaster

I feel no entitlement.  I now know where I stand on this food chain... 

However, I was just saying that I used to try to do them on all characters to get the shinies.  Back then the items were VERY nice and I wanted them to decorate my homes.  However now, I don't even bother to log in SMILEY

I do not think that it needs to be an extra day, however adding more items too them might make them more popular again.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #16
joeygopher

Loremaster

much as i do like this game having events like this that come around once a month, i do agree that it can be aggravating if you end up missing it for RL reasons.

i wonder if maybe the zones could be available all the time but with perhaps a 24-30 day lockout?  this would mean people would still have to wait, but wouldn't ever need to miss out a whole month because of other commitments.

joeygopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #17
Wystlen

Loremaster

For those without amenities ..

it's bell to enchanted -> use spire for nek->spire to Antonica to jump off the cliff to the druid circle->darklight ring->Gfay ring->antonica run up the side and take the spire to Enchanted for the bell back to Ant or you can hoof it to the flight point near the gnoll keep and jump off when it gets near Archer's wood.

Takes all of a half an hour. If you have no mount do either Ant or Gfay first and get one.

-shrug-

Wystlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #18
Femke

Loremaster

Elorah wrote:

However, I was just saying that I used to try to do them on all characters to get the shinies.  Back then the items were VERY nice and I wanted them to decorate my homes.  However now, I don't even bother to log in

I do not think that it needs to be an extra day, however adding more items too them might make them more popular again.

Until know I have done them only on one character and that is because she has a garden on the ceiling of her manor... and these quests give rather nice items for a garden.

Err... to be honest... I really forgot about them this month....

Femke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #19
Enica
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Casual Alliance

Loremaster

I rarely run the quests in these anymore because almost all my characters have what they want from them.  Some of my lowbies might need to get a new mount soon, but that's about it.  I hit these zones on a few characters just for the shinies since I've not finished the collections for them all on all my characters and I'm too cheap to buy the ones I need off the AH.  I also wish they'd add a few new items on these merchants.

Enica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #20
Cusashorn

Loremaster

It's worked just fine for over a year now, so I really don't think any changes to how long the enchantments stay available are going to come. It's not like anything is ever taken away, so there's nothing to lose. If someone wants to get all the furnitures and stuff inside, then they just need to be patient.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #21
erin

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

I love the feeling of entitlement that you all have

given that nearly everyone except the OP felt that it was ok as is, I'm not sure if you bothered to read the thread.  What entitlement?  If you are referring to the OP, then your statement "you all have" is highly inaccurate.

To the OP, you seem very black and white.  It's either you can do all your chars every month, or why bother logging in?

What if you did 3 chars per account each month, or heck 1?  In a few months you'd have everything from these zones you could want.

Why is it all or nothing for so many people?

erin is offline   Reply With Quote