EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
Ilovecows
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

I am going to say this right now, if you play in T9, care only about T9, this might not apply to you so much.

I would like it if i would be able to be an exile and pvp.  the problem is all exiles are FFA(free for all) so if i go anywhere and am killing a lot of people, they will call a high level to come in and kill me.  this is no fun.  pvp would be a lot more fun with an exile faction.  Make it so that exile can have a guild hall, shared bank, pvp vendors and everything else so that exile can be just as good as freeport or Qeynos.  In simpler words, make exile playable by people other than 80-90, and as convenient as good or evil. 

I think a third faction that would be desirable to play on would be a lot of fun.  I hope this will be looked at and acted upon.  anyone else's ideas please add.

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

exiles can already have guild halls .

they just lack the shared bank, pvp gear/pvp writs etc

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
Taldier
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I am going to say this right now, if you play in T9, care only about T9, this might not apply to you so much.

I would like it if i would be able to be an exile and pvp.  the problem is all exiles are FFA(free for all) so if i go anywhere and am killing a lot of people, they will call a high level to come in and kill me.  this is no fun.  pvp would be a lot more fun with an exile faction.  Make it so that exile can have a guild hall, shared bank, pvp vendors and everything else so that exile can be just as good as freeport or Qeynos.  In simpler words, make exile playable by people other than 80-90, and as convenient as good or evil. 

I think a third faction that would be desirable to play on would be a lot of fun.  I hope this will be looked at and acted upon.  anyone else's ideas please add.

I think exile should be made a legitimate third faction.

I also think it should always be entirely ffa, just my opinion.  There have been plenty of great players who survived and even thrived in exile at lower tiers despite the difficulties.

Exile as a faction has just been largely killed off by the pointless penalties against it.  Its one thing to be outnumbered and everything, but stupid convenience  things like shared banks being disabled?  And the faction hasnt had any kind of raiding advantage or anything for a long time, I dont see how pvp gear would be to much to ask tbh.

I think for a long time theres just been a big anti-exile movement purely because people disliked specific people who were in exile.

Taldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
YasikoSetsu

General

[email protected] wrote:

+1 to exile being a legit 3rd faction.

I always loved pvp'ing in exile back in KoS days, but would be far too inconvenient now.

YasikoSetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
Ilovecows

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I think exile should be made a legitimate third faction.

I also think it should always be entirely ffa, just my opinion.  There have been plenty of great players who survived and even thrived in exile at lower tiers despite the difficulties.

Exile as a faction has just been largely killed off by the pointless penalties against it.  Its one thing to be outnumbered and everything, but stupid convenience  things like shared banks being disabled?  And the faction hasnt had any kind of raiding advantage or anything for a long time, I dont see how pvp gear would be to much to ask tbh.

I think for a long time theres just been a big anti-exile movement purely because people disliked specific people who were in exile.

people have survived/thrived in lower tiers you like you have stated, but i was thinking more on the size of having a full group of people fight, and if we are fighting another group, knowing some of the people on freeport side, and on qeynos side, they will probably hate us and want to writ updates so they call in a 90 to kill us.  it might be fun for a single person to go around, kill hide kill hide etc. but for group pvp it wouldn't work very well.  It doesn't really make sence to be ffa, and then we can't go to the WF, cause have you seen all of the 90s at the WF?

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:18 AM   #6
Waking

Loremaster

What's inconvenient about it now?

You can still do BG's, use city merchants, and even do pvp writs.

Waking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:09 AM   #7
Taldier

Loremaster

Waking wrote:

Confirmation on this?  Pretty sure youre wrong...considering I have pvp gear that still says good/evil only on it...seems silly to be able to buy things you are restricted from using...

Old 07-25-2010, 04:36 AM   #8
YasikoSetsu

General

[email protected] wrote:

Waking wrote:

Confirmation on this?  Pretty sure youre wrong...considering I have pvp gear that still says good/evil only on it...seems silly to be able to buy things you are restricted from using...

I suppose he's not technically wrong, all he said was you can 'do' the writs.

Good luck picking up a new poster though, once you're out of them.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 AM   #9
Ilovecows

Loremaster

Yeah you can use the city merchants, but you have to go into either freeport or Qeynos and being a low level that can't sneak past all of the guards this is rather annoying, seeing as the guards stand right next to some of the merchants.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:43 AM   #10
YasikoSetsu

General

[email protected] wrote:

Yeah you can use the city merchants, but you have to go into either freeport or Qeynos and being a low level that can't sneak past all of the guards this is rather annoying, seeing as the guards stand right next to some of the merchants.

When I said 'good luck' I was sarcastically hinting to the fact that you can not in fact pick up a new pvp poster once in exile. You can only finish your current one.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #11
ysslik

Loremaster

Agreed exile needs to become a viable faction.This could help with the faction pop ballance as well.It would be easy to explain lore wise.make it so they ally with the void everyone hates the void so that is viable.

ysslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #12
Vegeeta
Server: Vox
Guild: Lords of Norrath

Loremaster

I agree, if exiles could get posters, buy gear and not be ganked up on by 90's I would do this just to increase pvp on our server. It would give the q's and freeps alike another few to attack. They should be able to do everything any of the other factions can, get writs, buy pvp gear, use shared bank....take away that exiles can kill eachother and take away that they can be attacked by any level and maybe we've got something there.

Othewise, there is absolutely no reason to do it, you have everything against you and nothing for you.

Vegeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #13
Arieneth

Loremaster

+1 Third Faction

Arieneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
Taldier

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I agree, if exiles could get posters, buy gear and not be ganked up on by 90's I would do this just to increase pvp on our server. It would give the q's and freeps alike another few to attack. They should be able to do everything any of the other factions can, get writs, buy pvp gear, use shared bank....take away that exiles can kill eachother and take away that they can be attacked by any level and maybe we've got something there.

Othewise, there is absolutely no reason to do it, you have everything against you and nothing for you.

No, ffa is the entire appeal of the exile faction.  No restrictions, no magical forcefields protecting some idiot just because they happen to live in the same city as you. 

If they took off all `the pointless limitations I'd be over there the next day and I know Im not the only one.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
Misterbucket
Guild: T R I B U N A L

Loremaster

/signed

Misterbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #16
Ilovecows

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

No, ffa is the entire appeal of the exile faction.  No restrictions, no magical forcefields protecting some idiot just because they happen to live in the same city as you. 

If they took off all `the pointless limitations I'd be over there the next day and I know Im not the only one.

I agree, exiles should still be able to fight, i know i sometimes wish to be able to fight my guildies but i can't, although do take away the part where a 90 can grief you, that just gets boring and takes away the appeal of exile.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #17
Dorsan
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

Whoever said exiles can do PvP writs is wrong. You can finish a writ that you had active when you exiled, but if you try to use your poster after the first writ is done it will say that you do not have the skill to use that item.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #18
Cigam
Guild: Eyes Of Darkness

Loremaster

You can still BG and get most of the gear anyways.  Wish that was around when I was in exile.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
Ilovecows

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You can still BG and get most of the gear anyways.  Wish that was around when I was in exile.

You can still Get BG gear and such as an exile, but like stated earlier, there is still an amount of items you can't use while in exile.  Also, without writs or status on kills, it might not matter much to a solo, but if you want to have a guild on exile, it would be pretty tough to level it without getting status from pvp.  i don't know about other guilds, but my current guild is level 25 and probably 95% of the status we have earned is from pvp, and without pvp we would have hardly leveled at all.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:32 AM   #20
EndevorX

Loremaster

I dont harbor positive feelings for the bureaucracy at SOE that impedes innovation.

Having a quality, viable 3rd faction is a very promotable, appealing feature for an MMO.

I completely agree with:

· Allowing shared banks

· Allowing class-specific PvP gear in Exile (LVL 65/80 sets, particularly).

· Removing limitless PvP ranges against all who are exiled, by faction players.

PvP level ranges are required for proper balance, especially in EverQuest II, as the advances that come through each tier are simply too major for it to be something reasonable.

Even allowing 90s to attack even anything below 82, IMO, is too much.

I'd support something like an 8 LVL PvP range in all zones, all the time, but I worry that, for some reason, that position is too radical, because of potential unwillingness at SOE to consider things in a perspective that promotes PvP health.

Largest problem, as I see it, is community morale when it comes to faith in SOE to seriously consider easy options like these for PvP invigoration.

EndevorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #21
Duotang

Loremaster

You all sound like a bunch of sniveling pinheads.

Exile is not about having the luxuries of home. It is not about being able kick back, and have amenities at your disposal. You are a traitor, plain and simple. You are watching over your shoulder 24/7 just like any other exile in history. You shouldn't even have a bank account. I'm still dumbfounded that exiles can purchase a guild hall. I would love to hear the logic behind that decision.

Duotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #22
Taldier

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Exile is not about having the luxuries of home. It is not about being able kick back, and have amenities at your disposal. You are a traitor, plain and simple. You are watching over your shoulder 24/7 just like any other exile in history. You shouldn't even have a bank account. I'm still dumbfounded that exiles can purchase a guild hall. I would love to hear the logic behind that decision.

They are an organized group of anarchist rebels who have a secret impenetrable underground base inside of a complex tunnel system which spans the sea between the antonican and d'lere islands.

These are not lone exiles on the run from the authorities within a nation state, a silly comparison since the military might of the two city states does not extend far beyond their fortified walls.

It is not at all unrealistic for such a group to be able to smuggle anything the cities have out of the cities.

How do they get a guild hall?  Cash, like anyone else.  It is also not unrealistic to assume there are some corrupt officials willing to sell one of those private fortified islands for the right number of platinum coins without asking who is going to be coming in and out.

Dont bring up bs lore arguments when its easy to make lore say just about anything.  Your arguments are shallow and a waste of air.

A functioning thrid faction would do alot to help the population imbalances and provide a playable option for those who want ffa pvp without having simple conveniences disabled for no reason.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #23
Morauk

Loremaster

#1 - Dont change a thing about exile.

#2 - Displaced is recruiting GOOD players if you want to be exiled~

Morauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #24
EndevorX

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

They are an organized group of anarchist rebels who have a secret impenetrable underground base inside of a complex tunnel system which spans the sea between the antonican and d'lere islands.

These are not lone exiles on the run from the authorities within a nation state, a silly comparison since the military might of the two city states does not extend far beyond their fortified walls.

It is not at all unrealistic for such a group to be able to smuggle anything the cities have out of the cities.

How do they get a guild hall?  Cash, like anyone else.  It is also not unrealistic to assume there are some corrupt officials willing to sell one of those private fortified islands for the right number of platinum coins without asking who is going to be coming in and out.

Dont bring up bs lore arguments when its easy to make lore say just about anything.  Your arguments are shallow and a waste of air.

A functioning thrid faction would do alot to help the population imbalances and provide a playable option for those who want ffa pvp without having simple conveniences disabled for no reason.

QFE.

[email protected] wrote:

Simply because you're level 90 doesn't waive the need to consider the priorities of the OVERALL game over your limited, top tier experience.

Promoting liberty and expansion in the game's ruleset is required for overall health and community development.

The below would achieve such.

I totally had to quote it again for your viewing pleasure, due to edits made...

[email protected] wrote:

I dont harbor positive feelings for the bureaucracy at SOE that impedes innovation.

Having a quality, viable 3rd faction is a very promotable, appealing feature for an MMO.

I completely agree with:

· Allowing shared banks

· Allowing class-specific PvP gear in Exile (LVL 65/80 sets, particularly).

· Removing limitless PvP ranges against all who are exiled, by faction players.

PvP level ranges are required for proper balance, especially in EverQuest II, as the advances that come through each tier are simply too major for it to be something reasonable.

Even allowing 90s to attack even anything below 82, IMO, is too much.

I'd support something like an 8 LVL PvP range in all zones, all the time, but I worry that, for some reason, that position is too radical, because of potential unwillingness at SOE to consider things in a perspective that promotes PvP health.

Largest problem, as I see it, is community morale when it comes to faith in SOE to seriously consider easy options like these for PvP invigoration.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:07 AM   #25
Charmnevac
Guild: Taylor Gang

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Simply because you're level 90 doesn't waive the need to consider the priorities of the OVERALL game over your limited, top tier experience.

Promoting liberty and expansion in the game's ruleset is required for overall health and community development.

I agree with Zacii tbh, its been that way forever, we shouldnt change it because a few people now want to cry about it. Guilds wanted changes when we were originally there, like The Kraken and Onyx, nothing happened then. None of it is necessary though quite honestly. If you choose to be in exile, you choose to face the consequences. If you're going to have FFA pvp, you will not get certain pieces of pvp gear, you will not have a shared bank, etc. It is silly that it is this way, but i think its fair in a sense.

Charmnevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:55 AM   #26
EndevorX

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I agree with Zacii tbh, its been that way forever, we shouldnt change it because a few people now want to cry about it. Guilds wanted changes when we were originally there, like The Kraken and Onyx, nothing happened then. None of it is necessary though quite honestly. If you choose to be in exile, you choose to face the consequences. If you're going to have FFA pvp, you will not get certain pieces of pvp gear, you will not have a shared bank, etc. It is silly that it is this way, but i think its fair in a sense.

That's just a terribly draconic and aged manner of reasoning.

Having an ample amount of variety and freedom for players will attract more loyal consumers.

Trying to claim options should remain limited just because they always were is like saying there never should've been critical mitigation or critical bonus existing in the land of plenty.

Being against any other changes that brought positive, multi-faceted choice would also fit well into an analogy on such an unacceptable level of compromise.

While I remember when it was said by Rothgar that a particular thread on amenities was a place for feedback and not debate, whether or not those views are held still or not, I don't know.

But what matters is that it is simple fact, that there is far more practicality in increasing options and increasing enjoyable paths and playstyles over limiting them.

We see this with the return of level locking and liberation of the AA caps.

Just because you're jaded about having been exiled when the powers that be at SOE might've not been as reasonable, it's no reason to bloccade healthy and productive change that could greatly invigorate the PvP scene.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:03 AM   #27
Charmnevac
Guild: Taylor Gang

Loremaster

Lol personally i think alot of things like toughness and the way they made resists function as 1 individual resist for 3 ( arcane would be magic/mental/divine ) are just stupid. DPS went down instead of up from lvl 80 - 90 for alot of classes in pvp, but thats for a diff topic.

Charmnevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:17 AM   #28
EndevorX

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Lol personally i think alot of things like toughness and the way they made resists function as 1 individual resist for 3 ( arcane would be magic/mental/divine ) are just stupid. DPS went down instead of up from lvl 80 - 90 for alot of classes in pvp, but thats for a diff topic.

TBH I think we could benefit from some thorough testing on returning to universal critical mitigation and abolishing toughness.

Uber geared, 2 priest groups can be impossible to kill against even odds if they have OP items like the Ring of Blood and Rage, and probably even without it.

The damage mitigation from toughness, I feel, is probably too much.

I too disagree with resist and statistical consolidation and wonder if there were any performance improvements at all.

And the whole making spell upgrades a higher numerical version instead of having a weightier, unique name, I think, detracts from immersion in a roleplaying game.

Though, spell/combat art/resist/crit/da consolidation and "extraneous spell/ca removal" are aspects I don't think SOE will relent on.

I realize the lowbie spells that are actually wholly removed will still be granted later, and that the spells/cas that won't be auto-granted can still be scribed, but it's all just needless and a waste of developer time and communal thought.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #29
Snork

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

try the frostfang docks.  aren't there ones in gorowyn as well?

the big problem isn't using the merchants, it's that you can't get the writs.  i don't even think you can finish out an existing writ once you clear your current quest.

Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #30
Morauk

Loremaster

Well, if they change exile then more people will go there, they will most likely also make it so exiles cant fight eachother. I for one dont want every scrub on nagafen in exile.

Morauk is offline   Reply With Quote