EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Hallowell
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Chaos Legion

Lord

For the love of god - GROUP UP! I have seen far too many situations where Q's has been owning us, simply due to the fact that they are grouped up, even though they are not guilded! Seriously - how difficult is it to understand that grouped ppl > solo ppl. Why miss out the group buffs? The focus fire?

I'm writing this, simply because I've had enough of seeing ppl, usually 10+ in numbers, run around solo, and yet fail to group up. Try it... I swear that you will win much more often and get those tokens.

Just letting out some steam - feel free to rant, even though deep down inside you know that I am right SMILEY

Hallowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Most of us hate each other to much to grp with other people from other guilds: part of the whole dark evil persona complex we have.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
zyllith

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

For the love of god - GROUP UP! I have seen far too many situations where Q's has been owning us, simply due to the fact that they are grouped up, even though they are not guilded! Seriously - how difficult is it to understand that grouped ppl > solo ppl. Why miss out the group buffs? The focus fire?

Perhaps it's because once you're grouped then if/when you die until the entire group is free from PvP you just lie there, dead, crumpled like a rag doll on the ground, watching helplessly as PvP occurs all around you unable to rez while the Q's run around and enjoy themselves ... while you just lie there ... dead, but in a group!

zyllith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
Taldier

Loremaster

Most freeps are just as bad as all the pansy ***** q scum, Im just not allowed to attack them.

Anyone who I dont know has my back is just a liability.  A couple extra random people arent going to make a difference standing and fighting against 5:1 odds, if they cant stay ahead of the q tide they just make me kill myself trying to save their lousy behind from the oncoming horde.

Taldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
Hallowell

Lord

zyllith wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Perhaps it's because once you're grouped then if/when you die until the entire group is free from PvP you just lie there, dead, crumpled like a rag doll on the ground, watching helplessly as PvP occurs all around you unable to rez while the Q's run around and enjoy themselves ... while you just lie there ... dead, but in a group!

You kinda missed my point in a grp you obviously have a higher survivability chance than being solo vs grp. That's my point, and that's why I would love to see more freeps grouping up. The keyword in your post would be the "IF you die" thing.. SMILEY

Old 06-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
Hallowell

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Most freeps are just as bad as all the pansy ***** q scum, Im just not allowed to attack them.

Anyone who I dont know has my back is just a liability.  A couple extra random people arent going to make a difference standing and fighting against 5:1 odds, if they cant stay ahead of the q tide they just make me kill myself trying to save their lousy behind from the oncoming horde.

I beg to difer - those very scarce random grps Ive been in, have been quite good in pvp actually. Unfortunately, the groups are TOO scarce SMILEY and Im not talking odds 5:1 only. But also in WFP for example... where it is 1:1 ratio, and yet, the freeps gets their [Removed for Content] kicked by a well-oiled grp, simply due to the fact that the freeps doesnt focus fire / groups up.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #7
Taldier

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I beg to difer - those very scarce random grps Ive been in, have been quite good in pvp actually. Unfortunately, the groups are TOO scarce and Im not talking odds 5:1 only. But also in WFP for example... where it is 1:1 ratio, and yet, the freeps gets their [Removed for Content] kicked by a well-oiled grp, simply due to the fact that the freeps doesnt focus fire / groups up.

Tbh I've yet to see freeps "get their [Removed for Content] kicked" in wfp.  It basically always ends up being 2:1 or 3:1 odds of random people swarming in for updates with an epic guard in the mix before a solid stacked q group dies, but I can honestly say I've never been there to see combat end and q's still be standing in wfp.

As soon as you step out of the city gates, the odds swing massively in the other direction as you walk into the swarm of q's circling between the towers.  Some random pug group isnt going to survive for the same reason that random q pug groups dont go into freeport.

With the current mechanics and the multiple sk's in each pvp group, no group v group fight is going to end quickly unless its massively lopsided.  Any fight that lasts longer than 2 minutes is going to involve fighting every q who is online because they all get called in to help any time a q spots a freep. (note that this didnt happen back in the day when you actually had to share tokens with the other people who got the kill instead of magically duping hundreds of them out of thin air by killing one group)

Therefore freeps either roll in a guild group that can quickly burn the gimper q groups or as solos who can quickly burn the gimper solo q's while avoiding the massive zerg swarm of 9534925 q sk's.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #8
Edavi

Loremaster

watch this.. I can get this thread locked.... LAG!

Okay but on a more serious note, im not going out into CL until this insane lag is fixed, it is NOT FUN! Not even a little bit, im not going to go out and PVP in a group or solo when i have a 4 second spell delay.  I want to go out in my group of friends and hold our ground (we have a very solid little group) but Im not doing it in this lag.  We usually end up queing for BG's, not because we like BGs more than traditional open world PVP, but because BGs are lag free, and playing that is WAY more fun.

Im sorry, Id love to come out and fight you, but I cant bring myself to do it, certainly you understand, you are out in the lag too, you just must have a better stomach for it that I do, and power to ya for it.

But the lag is making my experience worse, and thus making yours worse as well.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:47 AM   #9
kaiserb

General

TBH I just betrayed to Q side, you could never even get an invite 70% of the time just to zone in to a locked out instance just to help out, seems freeps are their own worse enemy.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #10
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

[email protected] wrote:

Tbh I've yet to see freeps "get their [Removed for Content] kicked" in wfp.  It basically always ends up being 2:1 or 3:1 odds of random people swarming in for updates with an epic guard in the mix before a solid stacked q group dies, but I can honestly say I've never been there to see combat end and q's still be standing in wfp.

You sir havn't gone in there much then...... 

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #11
Taldier

Loremaster

kaiserbob wrote:

TBH I just betrayed to Q side, you could never even get an invite 70% of the time just to zone in to a locked out instance just to help out, seems freeps are their own worse enemy.

Yes, the q's are much better at exploiting an unintended mechanic to flood a zone.

Absurd lag just makes the side with the most players win every time.  No wonder the q's dont care if they grind the server to a halt.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #12
Heleptra

Loremaster

HOLY GOD YOU NEED A LEADER.....

Many of fps good players has went to qeynos to be a newbie

Pay me 1000 plat and you will get  Hartsia as your leader to Freepot and i of coursewill level up

lvl 90

Hartsia the best wizard on server.

Heleptra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #13
Mwahaha
Guild: Legions of War

Loremaster

All I've got to say is . .

Talk to the wings...

Mwahaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #14
Araktir

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Most of us hate each other to much to grp with other people from other guilds: part of the whole dark evil persona complex we have.

While Vlah may be joking to some extent, many of us feel this way.  There are far too many *insert bad word here*'s, on both sides i'm sure, that I would rather be solo or stick with a friend or two than join a random PvP group.

The few that I decided to join, were pretty much all over the place, and it didn't matter so much that we were even grouped.

And those betraying to Qeynos don't make the situation any better.  Then again, we don't all have friends in game that keep us grounded, and keep us from betraying.  I made the mistake once... it's a boring game without your friends.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #15
Killque

Loremaster

zyllith wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Apparently I missed the update where only level 90 players can give and recieve rez's in pvp.

Killque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #16
Neskonlith

Loremaster

kaiserbob wrote:

Nice, another exploiter outed on the forums!  I will find it amusing if you get stripped and made to dance for cheating the lockout rules SOE put in place.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #17
Chakos

Loremaster

Of course, no one would have to "cheat" if Sony made it so that if WFs were up in one instance then they are up in all instances of said zone. No other way to participate, due to each individual instance having it's own timer for when WFs will spawn.

Chakos is offline   Reply With Quote