EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
RhaeNZ

Loremaster

I've got a few pieces of Tier 1 Void Shard Armor that I was planning on upgrading to Tier 2 once I'd saved up enough shards.

With the recent changes from GU56 it seems that is no longer possible? Or am I missing something.

It looks like I now need to save up the full shard amount plus some plat to get T2, and there seems to be no way of recovering the shards I invested into T1?

RhaeNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Evanair

Loremaster

Its still doable.  But a better idea is to do WoE, get the T3 pattern and use that to get the armor.  It costs just about as much as T1 does but its quite a bit better.

Evanair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
RhaeNZ

Loremaster

How do you do it? The merchant in Moors didn't seem to have an option to pay for T2 with T1+shards, only Plat+lots of shards

RhaeNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
Eveningsong

Tester

T2 is player crafted only.  Should be the same number shards it used to be, just no requirement for the T1 piece as well.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
Landiin

Loremaster

They made T2 player made only? I mean its a past exp why? Did they give a reason? IMO was a pointless move but hey what ever.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #6
Eveningsong

Tester

Oops, sorry guess its still available from the npcs on the moors dock, I've always had mine crafted since I had the recipes and it saved several shards, so I tend to forget about the npc option SMILEY.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #7
Dareena
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Dark Prophecy

Loremaster

Here's a general break down on the new TSO armor system (if vendor bought).

T1 - Costs X shards

T2 - Costs Y shards.  In addition, it costs * Plat.  (The old T1 armor piece requirement and its associated X shards have been removed.)

T3 - Costs Z shards.  In addition, it costs * Plat and a pattern.  (The old T1 / T2 piece requirements and their associated X & Y shards have been removed.)

----------

It's my understanding that the player crafted methods still use the old style.  So if you've already got a T1 void shard armor piece, it's cheaper shard wise to have a player do your T2 upgrade.  (You'd also save the plat raw costs this way.)

Or if you didn't have any shard armor to start with, you can just flat out buy T2 or T3 armor pieces for void shards and plat.  Though it now costs plat as part of the raw cost and you don't get the crafting shard discount, this new version also saves you all of the shard costs that you would have spent on the T1 or T2 pieces.

In other words, it's extreme cheap (shard wise) to buy into T3 armor pieces.  Even straight out buying T2 chest and shoulder pieces are now much cheaper if you use the vendor.

Dareena is offline   Reply With Quote