EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Phillamon

Loremaster

Greetings,

in the last few weeks I have noticed that a small triangular index mark has appeared on my progress bars, combat and tradeskill, sometimes on the top scale and sometimes on the bottom one. I thought to begin with they were to indicate my 'experience debt' after I had been killed. But this appears to be not the case. They seem to appear and vanish randomly.

I think it started at about the time of the mid May update.

Can anyone explain please?

Phillamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Jaremai

Loremaster

That's your vitality mark.

As your character "rests" (don't do anything to earn xp, logged out, etc) you earn vitality - which is basically bonus xp.

The index mark that you're seeing is when your vitality will run out.  Example, you're at 60% and the mark is somewhere around 90%.. you'll earn double xp until you get to that mark.

The mark switches to the bottom of the bar if your remaining vitality is only a couple % ahead of where you are.  In the former example of 60%, if your vitality ran out at 63% you would see the mark on the bottom.

HTH.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Phillamon

Loremaster

Thanks valefar.

Got it.

Phillamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Yeah your vitality refills when that character is logged out. Wait a week and you'll be back to 100%.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
woolf2k

Loremaster

lol.

yeah. it's been there since they decided to show us the vitality, many years ago.

guess you never used up enough vitality for it to appear on the gauge till recently.

woolf2k is offline   Reply With Quote