EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
fioremag

General

ive done about 9 warfields since they came out about half of them i didnt get no tokens and its happening to alot of people on vox this needs to be looked into

if anyone else is having issues please post or petition so they can get this fixed asap i dont like spending 30 mins for nothing

fioremag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
Thinwizzy
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Mayor of Majdul

Loremaster

I have experienced this twice today.  On both occasions I spent more than 20 minutes either defending a tower (aka watching no one attack it) or helping kill the tower guards.

*Edit: My petition was just updated.  The following is part of the response:

"Please be aware the player must receive a special flagging to be eligible for rewards. If you are not flagged when the match ends, you will not be granted with any tokens. Sadly I can not give you any further information on how to ensure you are flagged at the end of the match. I can only suggest to test some things out and ask others for tips."

Thoughts?

Thinwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Late last night I tried to update a writ before logging out - attacked some Qs and died taking one down with me - I was happy to see 3 names added to my /recent list, but I received no writ updates.  I deleted my writ and tried a fresh one to see if quest bugged out, but I didn't have time to find out before I logged.

Apparently this no-writ updating also happened to others but I do not know their details.

I'll keep an eye out for this when I log back in tonight, but if the no-updates & no-Tokens is to be the rule of the game for open-pvp, then I'll just go and play lag-free in the BeeGees.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
Olihin

Developer

I will be adding a visual spell effect that should help let you know if you have the flag needed to get credit.

In the meantime, please make sure to enter the towers when the event is active.   You should be able to tell if the event is active when the Tower Guardians are up.   At the same time, the flag is temporary so make sure you check back in during the match. 

If you come show up with only 5 minutes left in the event, the towers stop granting the flag.   I will change this as well to be 2 minutes left in the event.  

Olihin

Olihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
Brigh

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

I will be adding a visual spell effect that should help let you know if you have the flag needed to get credit.

In the meantime, please make sure to enter the towers when the event is active.   You should be able to tell if the event is active when the Tower Guardians are up.   At the same time, the flag is temporary so make sure you check back in during the match.

If you come show up with only 5 minutes left in the event, the towers stop granting the flag.   I will change this as well to be 2 minutes left in the event. 

Olihin

Hmm...this is almost akin to the way it was on test when you could stand afk, immune on the dock and get tokens just for being in the zone. All one has to do is make sure they get in within 2 minutes left and barely, if any, contribute to get full token credit.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
Kaita
Guild: Undead Lords

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

Olihin wrote:

Olihin

Hmm...this is almost akin to the way it was on test when you could stand afk, immune on the dock and get tokens just for being in the zone. All one has to do is make sure they get in within 2 minutes left and barely, if any, contribute to get full token credit.

Which is hardly different then not contributing the whole time. The biggest draw of the warfields is completing writs. There is always going to be people who do the minimum to get rewards. 

Kaita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #7
crumpledmonkey

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

Olihin

Make sure i enter the towers?

Ok no problem you make sure that the towers render when i am near them and i will try to enter them.

crumpledmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
trovan2

Loremaster

I have done several Defense battles and have never got a reward. Each time I have actively killed multiple enemies both while in and out of the tower. Each time I make sure I am standing directly inside the tower at the 10 minute mark. I even show up 15 minutes BEFORE the event starts.

None of these has helped me. SOE's reply to my petition was that I need to be in the tower, even though I make it clear I was in it.

In addition, both Antonica and Commonlands have the events are nearly the same time. A simple server restart should fix this, but that seems to be too hard for SOE to do.

Don't bother putting in a petition, the replies are all cut and paste and uninformative while treating me like im an idiot. Furthermore, SOE will not compensate their customer's time from their own programming failure.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #9
ysslik

Loremaster

got to a cl event with 25 min left went into a tower delt with lag and no tokens at the end although some in chat said they got tokens

ysslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #10
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

Olihin wrote:

Olihin

I have stood in, around, on and inside the walls of the towers and I only get credit 50% of the time. This is with killing people each time.

There is only one thing worse than rewarding people for not doing anything, and thats not rewarding people who do.

Right now its a crap shoot on if you get credit or not, stand in and around the towers have nothing to do with it, because each time I didnt get tokens I was inside the freakn towers each time and not for 5min either Im talkn 15-20min of standing in and around the tower and still no credit 50% of the time.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #11
Harbringer Doom

Loremaster

I don't know what everyone is complaining about, Warfields are doing exactly what the devs wanted them to do...

Harbringer Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #12
Teufell

Lord

By that do you mean they want them to not work Hork?

Teufell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #13
asaron

Loremaster

Massive lagg broke rewards  invisible rules we are not allowed to know  atleast it succeeded in gettin scrubs out of the betagrinds

Old 05-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
Harbringer Doom

Loremaster

Teufell wrote:

By that do you mean they want them to not work Hork?

Hey, I can't read their minds!  I'm just quoting Olithin.  They are doing exactly what he wanted them to do.

Harbringer Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #15
Obadiah

Loremaster

crumpledmonkey wrote:

Olihin wrote:

Olihin

Make sure i enter the towers?

Ok no problem you make sure that the towers render when i am near them and i will try to enter them.

lol. That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that.

Can't recall the last time it took that long for something to render, even at SF launch when Paineel was a bit dodgy.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #16
Blambil
Guild: Truculent Brew

Loremaster

played 3 warfields yesterday, zero reward on all of them.... SMILEY

Blambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #17
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Last night I went to WFP CL tower to help defend - my track window was filled with names, but no one was rendering. 

I was getting hit by AEs in an empty field!  I ran in circles hoping to slow down my murder from invisible foes, and after about 20-30s of circling, some people slowly started to show up, floating a little off the ground - apparently, they were inside the invisible tower in a slightly raised area.

I continued to run in circles around and through the invisible tower (HAXXORS!!!1one!!), and slowly more people started to render.

When I finally died due to AEs from players I couldn't see, I remained to see how much longer it would take for the tower to finally show up on my client.  It took roughly another 30s before I finally saw the rotten thing pop up.  I almost didn't revive because I couldn't be sure if it would render for me once I returned after rez sickness wore off, but I took that chance.

I returned to the tower that was finally visible, and started to try to defend - 5-10s spell lag really sucks.  I died, naturally, with no writ updates.  Rinse, lag and repeat.  On my fourth attempt attempt to defend, the tower died and I finally got 5 Tokens for not being able to successfully defend towers that I couldn't see!  yay!

The weak server Hamster should be replaced with a steroid-abusing rat.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 05-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
Brook

Tester

My suggestion would be to make a large circle around each tower that sets the flag instead of having to try and enter a tower that isn't there. Its bad enough to have to deal with spell lag but to not get credit for it because of things happening we have no control over is kind of ridiculous.

But seriously, you're the kind of guy that zones into gears without a healer and spends the whole match talking about the fact there isn't a healer instead of contributing. I hate you, and everyone like you that plays this game. Please spend less time whining and more time winning, it contributes to the general growth of the game and makes gameplay more enjoyable for all.

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #19
asaron

Loremaster

I ask this with the utmost respect atleast  as much as i feel you deserve but olithin honestly have you ever played this game, interacted with the warfields,  know what pvp is in general? Entering the towers no matter how much you destroy or defend does not seem to even try to flag us its completely random if we get rewards at all lol even the pvp writs are spotty atm. The lag is another issue we feedbacked for ages that the server couldnt handle the load even after the   server upgrade that supposedly happened which ive never noticed any change so  that could of been a lie for all i know. We feedbacked dureing testing also that the rewards where broke and still are  that was never adressed or if it was it was futile as nothing has changed the towers still do not render properly nor do most of the combatants as a previous poster stated. We pay for a product that gets spotty support granted you are not forceing us to pay but lol we might aswell pay somone to stomp our  toe for the amount of feedback that gets listened to.   

/rant off  just another disgruntled customer 

BUT A BIG GRATS ON ADDING MORE LON AND MARKETPLACE TRASH     Guess Smed needed a new hair piece!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #20
Eboncross
Guild: Holy War

Loremaster

Q side player

5 Times in Ant only got 5 tokens for a Antonica win should have been 15 tokens. The other 4 times I didnt get anything. All 5 times I killed freeps and hung out near the towers and I was in Ant at the start of each battle.

5 Times in CL and only got tokens 1 time. All 5 times I destroyed the guardians.

What am I doing wrong? Please, fix this part of the game fast before you kill it.

Eboncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #21
MalicorDraven

Loremaster

Three things to do in a Warfield to POSSIBLY get tokens:

1. Hail guardians around a tower and the one inside.

2. Circle the tower several times at various distances.

3. And most importantly, set your graphics performance high enough to render the towers/guardians.

I wasn't getting flagged before (hence no tokens), and it seems i am now. I've recieved tokens the last 4 rounds ive done.

Am I sure this will work for all? NO. I make no guarantees, just suggestions.

MalicorDraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #22
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Huge fight in CL at WFP, and not long after the 10 minute remaining broadcast, the zone crashes.

lol

No tokens, no pvp writ updates.

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 05-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #23
Gneaux
Guild: The Coalition of Tradesfolke

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

Huge fight in CL at WFP, and not long after the 10 minute remaining broadcast, the zone crashes.

lol

No tokens, no pvp writ updates.

I was there too, so I /petitioned this,, and wouldn't ya know just as Freeport was winning, the [Removed for Content] zone crashed,, no tokens,, but when I came back into the game, the tokens I got for completing a writ were in my inventory overflow. I think there needs to be a limit as to how many people are in a zone. This was why there was a kp1, kp2, kp3 etc. This lagfest called "Warfields" , will continue to lag,, and zones will continue to crash, if there is not an option to go to CL1, CL2, CL3 etc. I am not sure how that will even work in game with the new travel system and that big huge map popping up in my face everytime I want to go somewhere because so far I have not even seen an otion for multiple instances of the same zone.

Gneaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #24
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Fighting inside the tower is just fail - it boils down to whom has the best heals and hardest AOEs.  Fighting inside the tower should not be the sole flagging condition.  Killing the attackers outside the tower should flag people as participating in the event too.  If we just wanted point blank AOE we could just go back to standing on the writ giver and hailing Fatuna non stop.  I am 50/50 on the tower ever rendering during the entire fight.  As I am completing writs I am not completely unhappy about not getting the "flag" but forcing people to ground zero is asking for even worse server performance.  

EDIT  after the 10:15 PM pacific standard Antonica fight.

Another "failfield" with no tokens unfortunately - started this one with just 1 writ poster up.  Since I won't abandon my group to get a new poster I recieved no additional writ updates nor tokens for the event even though my group was present at the start and killed 2 towers along with everyone else - we died at the NQG fight and revived and then even ended in flight back with no tokens.  This is the third warfield this has occurred at for me.  I would think the current mechanism for checking for afkers is punishing those of us actually participating in the event.     

ALSO please DISABLE encounter locking on the tower guardians so that people cannot "lock" the tower guardian fight.  This happened last night and the grp killing the tower either did not realize it was locked or did so on purpose. 

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:02 AM   #25
Naggasaki
Guild: Disenchanted

Loremaster

It would appear that there is no 'flagging method'. From my most recent Warfields....

1.) In zone before event starts.

2.) Hailed EVERY little statue/guard/ or w/e

3.) Went inside every tower

4.) Danced a jig while killing waves of FP players

5.) Stayed in zone until event apparently just disappeared. *no screen announcement or anything in chat log that I can find announcing that it was over and who the victor was...if any*

6.) Posted on the forum.

Come on. Please fix this. I understand that the big draw is the writ completions but don't promise me a reward and then not deliver. And for crying out loud, make the 'flagging' process obvious or write it down so SOMEONE can filter it out the the rest of the player base.

Naggasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:29 AM   #26
ysslik

Loremaster

Well it would be nice to fill a writ if players would render before dieing or maybe i could get a spell off.JUst got done with one in ant dead before tower render i actually had one gaurding render attacked it once and then died no update.it seems towers render beter in cl then ant.

Let us know something comunicating means alot .you want us to give you feedback so you can figure out a solution well we have. you needed to look at data durring the lag of warfields well there should be lots of data by now being every 2 hours.

We the players are trying here. were out there trying to do these warfields with lag we all complain in chat on how it sucks to be out here but come the next one were all there again. I dont know how much more peeps can take it before they go back into bgs.Were geting back to open pvp (it may be a zerg but its a start and beter then a zerg in a can imo) and thats what we wanted but were geting dissapionted quite quickly.

So can you throw us bone tell us what you have found and some solutions your going to try or atleast thinking about.By hearing nothing we think your doing nothing.

ysslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #27
Kota

Loremaster

standing inside the tower at conclusion of match. no reward
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #28
TniEradani

Loremaster

from bufftest to ______

so, you think i'm just some newb pve lover cause i said this was gonna suck. sorry, but this sucks on so many lvls. i'm just glad i don't have to watch this anymore.

TniEradani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #29
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

[email protected] wrote:

Since I won't abandon my group to get a new poster I recieved no additional writ updates nor tokens for the event even

Dude it takes all of 2 min to cast a call, pick up a new writ and zone back out. Which is usally a good time to restock on signets and bank.....

Old 05-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #30
Kota

Loremaster

bump
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote