EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
Froaknstein
Server: Najena
Guild: The Unforgiven

Loremaster

as the title states i have been unable to actually turn on shader 3.0 - when i go into the options menu and check the box, hit accept and the window pops up telling me it wont take effect till i restart - i restarted and didnt notice a change.  checked the options window and 3.0 was unchecked.  so i checked it again, hit accept and ok when the window popped up, re-opened options window and it still was unchecked.  i cant seem to enable it at all.

i tried turning it on at the char select screen with no sucess.  i tried multiple times enabling it and just restarting eq2.  i tried loading the default UI just to be sure it wasnt this.  the game is being run as administrator.  i am using win 7 with a 2.7 dual core cpu, 8 gig ram and radeon 5770 1gb vid card.  all drivers have been checked to be up to date.  anyone else having this issue?  or anyone know of a options file i can edit to switch it on manually?

Froaknstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
das2000uk

Loremaster

Hi have you read the other posts about 3.0 Shader ?

SHADER 3.0

• EverQuest II now supports Shader 3.0 with new vibrant colors and depth processed by your GPU!  To enable this feature, on supported cards, check the ‘Shader 3.0’ box in the Performance section of the Display options.
    • Note: Shader 3.0 does not support 'r_aa_blit 1’ in the eq2.ini and it should be removed if before enabling it.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
Kraqen

Loremaster

I had the same problem until I completely closed station launcher and ran it again as an admin.  I don't know it that had anything to do with it, but -poof- pretty shader 3.0

Good luck

Kraqen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
Rick777

Loremaster

Same thing happening to me, I run it as admin always and I have a GTX280.

Rick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
Lethe5683

Loremaster

The shader 3.0 makes everything look dark and plastic like with heavy aliasing.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
Froaknstein
Server: Najena
Guild: The Unforgiven

Loremaster

das2000uk wrote:

Hi have you read the other posts about 3.0 Shader ?

SHADER 3.0

• EverQuest II now supports Shader 3.0 with new vibrant colors and depth processed by your GPU!  To enable this feature, on supported cards, check the ‘Shader 3.0’ box in the Performance section of the Display options.
    • Note: Shader 3.0 does not support 'r_aa_blit 1’ in the eq2.ini and it should be removed if before enabling it.

yes, i never enabled this option but i double checked to make sure it wasnt in my eq2.ini file and it is not there.  also i do not have the station launcher - it still uses the old eq2 patcher to start up.  everything is set to run as administrator in every way possible.  i even right click > run as admin and it makes no difference.  for some reason i still cant enable shader 3.0.  the box wont stay checked - i can open the options window, check the 3.0 box and hit accept, the confirmation box appears saying i will need to restart the game.  then when i re-open options window the box is no longer checked.  this is really starting to irk me off.  cant seem to find anyone in game with the same issue.  i guess i will DL the station launcher and see if it makes a difference.

Froaknstein is offline   Reply With Quote