EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
Rabbitoh

Loremaster

The curent situation is the a player wearing raid armor will destroy a player wearing pvp armor. With the damage procs on the raid gear being so high and the red slot adorns, it doesn't matter about toughness, as the damage rips through the player wearing pvp gear.

In a pvp environment (server/BG's) this is a failing on behalf of SOE!

If you come to pvp, wear pvp gear, not raid gear!

If you wear raid gear to pvp, you should be prepared to be destroyed by a player wearing pvp items

With the new GU coming up i implore you Olihin to make sure this happens.

Every player on every server has a chance to get pvp gear. Reward the players who put the time into pvp, not the raiders who pve and want a little pvp and dominate, because they raid!

Rabbitoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
Shangu

Loremaster

Rabbitoh wrote:

The curent situation is the a player wearing raid armor will destroy a player wearing pvp armor. With the damage procs on the raid gear being so high and the red slot adorns, it doesn't matter about toughness, as the damage rips through the player wearing pvp gear.

If you wear raid gear to pvp, you should be prepared to be destroyed by a player wearing pvp items

Every player on every server has a chance to get pvp gear. Reward the players who put the time into pvp, not the raiders who pve and want a little pvp and dominate, because they raid!

I agree except your mention of BG.  BG gear should be only for BG.  PVP gear should be on par with raid gear on a pvp server....that is the gear earned via open world pvp...not this BG garbage.

Shangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
Kota

Loremaster

i heard they're changing the wording for pvp writs to say "I must gank 6 questers".
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
Edavi

Loremaster

I agree except your mention of BG.  BG gear should be only for BG.  PVP gear should be on par with raid gear on a pvp server....that is the gear earned via open world pvp...not this BG garbage.

That sounds amazing!

i ABSOLUTLY hate having so many sets of gear and I wish my PVP gear worked on raids! I like to do BOTH! I PVE to PVP and PVP to PVE!

Uhg, Lets be hoenst with ourselves here.  BGs are not that fun, they are easy, not fun.  Doing the same 3 scenerios over, and over and over and over again is BORING!  I can see why PVErs like them, because its a novelty of PVPing that they havnt had, but those of us on red servers have been tehre and done that!  Make open PVP worthwhile again and we will see the Nagafen and Vox people Fighting on the server where we belong!!

Sigh, Dream world

Old 05-15-2010, 01:36 AM   #5
Notsovilepriest
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain

Loremaster

Edavi wrote:

That sounds amazing!

i ABSOLUTLY hate having so many sets of gear and I wish my PVP gear worked on raids! I like to do BOTH! I PVE to PVP and PVP to PVE!

Uhg, Lets be hoenst with ourselves here.  BGs are not that fun, they are easy, not fun.  Doing the same 3 scenerios over, and over and over and over again is BORING!  I can see why PVErs like them, because its a novelty of PVPing that they havnt had, but those of us on red servers have been tehre and done that!  Make open PVP worthwhile again and we will see the Nagafen and Vox people Fighting on the server where we belong!!

Sigh, Dream world

I used to love PvPing, but it has nothing to do with BG's why I don't anymore. Open world PvP has been dead for a long time, way before BGs. BGs are actually much more fun ATM than Open World PvP if you find it.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:55 AM   #6
Crismorn

Loremaster

I have no issue with PvP gear being better then raid gear in PvP in fact I fully agree it should be, but not without some changes to how you aquire the gear and it should either not be usable in BG's or it should be changed to be on par with bg gear in BG's.

Right now anyone can aquire PvP gear in the current win/win system.

So

Make PvP gear better or on par with raid gear for PvP

Change the reward system to where there is an actual chance of loss when you lose

Unusable in BG's

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:54 AM   #7
Edavi

Loremaster

I agree...

But, sigh its so frustrating, I feel like were all just wasting our breath.  They make changes without anyone in mind who actually plays the game.  I duno, its not really our job to determine where the game is going, but...  I guess we are all in a sense share holders, as they are nothing without us... But, meh, I feel like its all falling on deaf ears :-/

My bags are full, ima bruiser, I have gear for PVP tanking, PVE tanking, PVE DPS. UHG, I wish they were not seperating the game like this.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:14 AM   #8
Kota

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Edavi wrote:

That sounds amazing!

Sigh, Dream world

I used to love PvPing, but it has nothing to do with BG's why I don't anymore. Open world PvP has been dead for a long time, way before BGs. BGs are actually much more fun ATM than Open World PvP if you find it.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:39 AM   #9
Kota

Loremaster

i do agree that pvp gear should be more desirable than raid gear in pvp.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #10

Loremaster

Rabbitoh wrote:

Absolutely agree!

Olihin plz lean back, read this, be open minded, think about what soe wanted (pvp gear shall be best for pvp, pve gear shall be best for pve) and u will realize that there is something very wrong in eq2 land's pvp/bg vs raid-gear itemization.

29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
Darkor
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

I totally hate the idea of having separate equiment sets and im now this far that i would ask to remove pvp-gear tbh. It just doesnt make sense right now.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
Novusod

Loremaster

Since they nerfed PvP gear in raids it is only fair the raid gear gets nerfed for PvP. They just need to add a flag to most raid gear.

- MUST NOT BE ENGAGED IN PVP

Old 05-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #13
Crismorn

Loremaster

Ajjantis wrote:

I totally hate the idea of having separate equiment sets and im now this far that i would ask to remove pvp-gear tbh. It just doesnt make sense right now.

Must be nice, some of us have had 3 sets of gear since EoF

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #14
Darkor
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

2 separate sets = FAIL.

either make em work both or remove pvp gear.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #15
Orthureon

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

Right now anyone can aquire PvP gear in the current win/win system

You must have confused PVP with BGs; there is no Win/Win, there is "I win I get an update, you died you don't!". Unless of course you are talking about the 30 minute open world CL/Ant Warfields? Which will only net what 5/10 free tokens per 30 minutes for the winning side and like 1-5 for the loser? That is nothing compared to  the current leeching that happens in BGs and most BGs matches are MUCH faster.

• DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

• XEOS 92 Ranger

• EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote