EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Blambil
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Truculent Brew

Loremaster

In "open world" PVP, if someone snares/roots/etc you, but you don't engage (including curing yourself), you are not considered "in combat" and most times can run away top speed once the snare/root/etc drops off.

In the BG's, on the other hand, you are there TO engage. There should be no other option.

Why bring this up?

Max-Runspeed flag carriers..  They run in, take the flag, run away, at warp speed, and snares don't even seem to slow them down, if they don't engage.

Was playing a Conj yesterday, and in match after match in Ganak, I would 75% snare the flag carrier, and he'd run off at top speed. Nobody could catch them. I understand there are AA/racial/etc abilities that let you reduce/remove snare/root penalies. I understand you can "pot" them off. This didn't appear to be the case, from what I could tell.. (75% snare has a dot componant, and I'd see it ticking off in the air after them, as they'd run)

Now, if I was lucky enough they had a proc go off, it would place them in combat, and they'd crawl to almost a stop.. mission accomplished.. Otherwise, we'd be out of luck, and the match would be over in sub 3 minutes..

(I did read the threads about Rothgars "in/out of combat range changes".. it would have made this issue worse... even if the initial snare took, once they get further away from me, it would "pop off" and they could run full speed)

This does not appear to me to be "working as intended"

Blambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
jarnpraetor

Loremaster

I have noticed my Brigand's snares to be of no use on flag runners or people just running away from me in any of the BG maps.