EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
Catacl

General
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 83
Default

Just logged in and started working on additions to my guild's holiday maze, and noticed that Layouts are currently disabled completely on live. Anyone have any insight on this?

Catacl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
Eveningsong

Tester
Eveningsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,844
Default

There's a problem with the layout commands.  See Rothgar's responses here for more info http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...2&#5124396.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
Cypernicus
Server: Nektulos
Guild: The Watchers
Rank: (Probationary)

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 45
Default

a lot of servers were crashing last night due to the size of the gu so on some servers the layout and the spire events were disabled temporarily

Cypernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Yarginis

General
Yarginis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 255
Default

Anyone figured out a way 2 make re-enable, even with an unpatched client I'm still getting the disabled message, And for some reason loading layouts are still passed through the server so doing it with a dead connection doesn't work either.

Seriously, there are some things that should just have a 'WARNING, may cause unforseen issues' label tossed on them, and then be left alone rather than disabled. This 'bug' makes no difference when trying 2 use layouts to design a new house...

__________________
Yarginis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Jesdyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,710
Default

[email protected] wrote:

This 'bug' makes no difference when trying 2 use layouts to design a new house...

There are a few bugs and I think the frustration caused to some users is worth disabling the feature for a bit. If the problems are what I think they are, then it should be an easy fix and shouldnt take them too long.

Funny thing is I was starting to add features to my app to get around them. I am going to leave my one click "remove all items in the crate" function in that is unless they strip those items out... which I would rather they just had the server ignore them when loading a layout.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #6
Catacl

General
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 83
Default

Just want to thank you for your time JesDer, and can't wait to see your app and try it out. Thought about making my own, but i need alot more programming practice. lol

Catacl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
Karrane1

Tester
Karrane1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,055
Default

SMILEY I couldnt program myself to get out of a closet!!! I am soooo excited about trying out Jesdyr's program when all fuss is cleared up SMILEY Thanks sooo much for doing this Jes!
__________________
Karrane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Jesdyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,710
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Thought about making my own, but i need alot more programming practice. lol

So do I ... it is one reason I am doing this and also why it is taking me so long. well that and it has been nothing but feature creep thanks to my own ambitions and some great feedback for Lyssia.

Thanks to Lyssia I actually took the time to put in an "always top" and take the time to actually break up the window so it can be reseized. Also many other issues I didnt notice. Also due to some confussion about how to use my "Helper items", i am now looking into redoing that system from the ground up in a way that makes much more sense.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
Catria

Loremaster
Catria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 802
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Thought about making my own, but i need alot more programming practice. lol

So do I ... it is one reason I am doing this and also why it is taking me so long. well that and it has been nothing but feature creep thanks to my own ambitions and some great feedback for Lyssia.

Thanks to Lyssia I actually took the time to put in an "always top" and take the time to actually break up the window so it can be reseized. Also many other issues I didnt notice. Also due to some confussion about how to use my "Helper items", i am now looking into redoing that system from the ground up in a way that makes much more sense.

...and Jes has been very patient with my rambling comments as well.  LOL!  Now if they will just push the layouts back to the live servers so I can play around with the program some more.  I need to redecorate my guildhall but waiting on layouts to do it.  I would play with it on test but I am scrambling to get spires tokens for my alt army on live right now.  SMILEY

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #10
Mystfit

Loremaster
Mystfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,984
Default

Push the layouts back...bite your tongue. Bring 'em bacckkkkkkkkk!!!!!

__________________
Mystfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #11
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Jesdyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,710
Default

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

 I need to redecorate my guildhall but waiting on layouts to do it. 

Me too ... but the additional time to work on the editor has been kinda nice. I think i am at a point I feel comfortable releasing a build as of today, I just need to do some quick documentation but it is a raid night so it may wait till tomorrow.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Catria

Loremaster
Catria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 802
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

 I need to redecorate my guildhall but waiting on layouts to do it. 

Me too ... but the additional time to work on the editor has been kinda nice. I think i am at a point I feel comfortable releasing a build as of today, I just need to do some quick documentation but it is a raid night so it may wait till tomorrow.

Sounds great, Jes!  LMK when it's ready via PM, k?

Mystfit - Guess I worded that a bit oddly... what I meant was they need to hurry up and push the layouts to the live servers again soon!

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
Mistal
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Socii Equitis
Rank: Legionnaire

Loremaster
Mistal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 347
Default

The programme is great Jesder and you will probably be tweeking it for months to come SMILEY but I really like what i have seend and used so far. It's a great job.

Mistal

__________________
Everfrost Server ~ Mistal, Rhya, Rosemarie, Chenille, Duir, Heather, Sunfire, Volityle, Wintersmoon ~ Blind Guardians

Test Server ~ Mistal ~ Norrathian Designers Inc (NDI)
Mistal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Jesdyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,710
Default

[email protected] wrote:

The programme is great Jesder and you will probably be tweeking it for months to come but I really like what i have seend and used so far. It's a great job.

Mistal

I just put up an updated version too SMILEY 

main thing in this version is it adds in a option to "remove duplicates"(happens automatically when merging) and fixes some "alway top" bugs.

I think I am done till I get the documentation started. Still have so many lil utilities I want to do but they will have to wait.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #15
Mystfit

Loremaster
Mystfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,984
Default

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Mystfit - Guess I worded that a bit oddly... what I meant was they need to hurry up and push the layouts to the live servers again soon!

Now THAT sentiment I can get behind SMILEY (psssttt, my toon is Amemyst on the Bazaar, when my gh isn't broken with half the items missing, you must come visit!)

__________________
Mystfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #16
Catria

Loremaster
Catria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 802
Default

Mystfit wrote:

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Mystfit - Guess I worded that a bit oddly... what I meant was they need to hurry up and push the layouts to the live servers again soon!

Now THAT sentiment I can get behind (psssttt, my toon is Amemyst on the Bazaar, when my gh isn't broken with half the items missing, you must come visit!)

Well you dingbat.... did you look at my sig you silly girl?  LOL!  Hugz!

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #17
Mystfit

Loremaster
Mystfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,984
Default

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Mystfit wrote:

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Mystfit - Guess I worded that a bit oddly... what I meant was they need to hurry up and push the layouts to the live servers again soon!

Now THAT sentiment I can get behind (psssttt, my toon is Amemyst on the Bazaar, when my gh isn't broken with half the items missing, you must come visit!)

Well you dingbat.... did you look at my sig you silly girl?  LOL!  Hugz!

Yup, that's why I figured I best mention who I was, cause I don't have a cool sig file to tell you for me  I mean, gosh,  I wouldn't tell just ANYONE to bite their tongue

__________________
Mystfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #18
Cypernicus
Server: Nektulos
Guild: The Watchers
Rank: (Probationary)

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 45
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The programme is great Jesder and you will probably be tweeking it for months to come but I really like what i have seend and used so far. It's a great job.

Mistal

I just put up an updated version too  

main thing in this version is it adds in a option to "remove duplicates"(happens automatically when merging) and fixes some "alway top" bugs.

I think I am done till I get the documentation started. Still have so many lil utilities I want to do but they will have to wait.

where is your file uploaded to? I didn't see it on eq2interface but not sure where to look.

Cypernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:41 AM   #19
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Jesdyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,710
Default

[email protected] wrote:

where is your file uploaded to? I didn't see it on eq2interface but not sure where to look.

Its not up yet because I dont have anything documented. I thought about EQ2interface, but I put it up on my host for some people to test and give feedback and now I think I will just leave it there (its a tiny download).  The plan is for tomorrow to have it public. I will make a post here I guess .. unless the mods have a problem with it.

I think we need a sticky for layouts anyway with links to Mistal's guides as well as any other info.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:49 AM   #20
Cypernicus
Server: Nektulos
Guild: The Watchers
Rank: (Probationary)

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 45
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

where is your file uploaded to? I didn't see it on eq2interface but not sure where to look.

Its not up yet because I dont have anything documented. I thought about EQ2interface, but I put it up on my host for some people to test and give feedback and now I think I will just leave it there (its a tiny download).  The plan is for tomorrow to have it public. I will make a post here I guess .. unless the mods have a problem with it.

I think we need a sticky for layouts anyway with links to Mistal's guides as well as any other info.

Cool, thank you and Mistal and the people on test and the developers for the work you guys are putting into this to make it work awesome for us live folk! I'm totally looking forward to playing with it when it goes live and to see what everyone else comes up with now.

Cypernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:46 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.