EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
Zhonata

Loremaster
Zhonata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 302
Default


Hotfix October / 15 / 2008 GUILD HALLSThe Guild Hall Faction Market Broker will now properly appear as a purchasable amenity in Tier 2 Qeynos PvP guild halls.Resolved an issue that caused Fatal Errors while in highly itemized Guild Halls.Guild hall mailbox amenities can now have their access levels set.Anyone with FRIEND access or higher can reset a guild hall amenity to its default location from the house window.Hireling NPC's in guild halls that have been placed on top of other house items should no longer fall through them.Moving furniture in a house or guild hall now requires TRUSTEE access. HOUSINGFree rent vouchers will now work if your inn room has coin in the escrow account.You will now be prompted to use your free rent voucher even if you didn't possess it when opening the house window.ZONESVeksarPlayers should find Walord Bah'Dash a little easier to deal with.


Ok so Im missing something I think. You had a good idea shown by Green and you turned around and hit you self in the foot with a 50lb rock with a bad idea shown by Red. Why would you for all that is holy in this world take away the abitly to move house items from the Friends and then Grant them the new ability to Reset Amenties in the Hall.

YEA !!!!! Now they cant move  furniture they can just reset alll the Amenties to the middle of the hall and uber pile stack them........ Please get rid of this it is ridiculious in my mind. We need a rank that people can use amenties but can touch anything else /signed

__________________
80 Beserker Lucan DLere

80 Brigand Lucan DLere

46 Mystic Lucan DLere

37 Ranger Lucan DLere

Zhonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
Curs3

Loremaster
Curs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 225
Default

i was unable to reset them as a friend. perhaps he typoed or im not doing it right.
Curs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
Rothgar

Developer
Rothgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,273
Default

We made a mistake.  I know its hard to imagine, but we did.  SMILEYWe decided to allow friends to reset amenity locations last week based on user feedback.  Then earlier this week we decided to make the change so that trustee access was required to move furniture and the previous change wasn't caught or reverted.Hotfixes are normally a lot more hurried than a normal game update which is why we don't like to do them unless we have to.  However, we know these bug fixes are very important and you guys want to get them as soon as possible.There is already another hotfix planned to fix a few other bugs that didn't make it into this one in time.  I'll be sure to revert the change so friends can no longer reset amenities.
Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Jesdyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,710
Default

Rothgar wrote:
We made a mistake.  I know its hard to imagine, but we did.  SMILEY
Feature .. it's a feature...
Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
Cynith
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Havok
Rank: Officer Alt

Loremaster
Cynith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 501
Default

I would really like to see another level of access between friend and trustee... 

A trustee has the ability to add, move and remove furniture, add new trustees/change permissions. They have pretty much full access to the house/hall with the exception of destroying no-trade items...

 This was always a frustration of mine in my personal home... it's expanded further by the guild hall...

Having the ability to move existing furniture around... but NOT be able to remove it like a trustee would and not have other access to changes and such would be very useful AND allow greater flexibility with the amenities. 

Cynith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #6
LygerT

Loremaster
LygerT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: las vegas, NV
Posts: 2,144
Default

i tend to agree, i want to place items in the guild hall that i can access that someone may not be able to move around or gank. problem is you have many people paying for upkeep but how many will actually be allowed to do anything in the hall they help pay for? that's up to the guild but it also seems like a headache giving each person permissions but i guess thats what has to be done.

now i have the issue of trying to tell the decorators not to decorate everything in the hall just because they have the desire to do so, leave the rest some room!

LygerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
Cynith
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Havok
Rank: Officer Alt

Loremaster
Cynith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 501
Default

[email protected] wrote:

i tend to agree, i want to place items in the guild hall that i can access that someone may not be able to move around or gank. problem is you have many people paying for upkeep but how many will actually be allowed to do anything in the hall they help pay for? that's up to the guild but it also seems like a headache giving each person permissions but i guess thats what has to be done.

now i have the issue of trying to tell the decorators not to decorate everything in the hall just because they have the desire to do so, leave the rest some room!

You can give permissions by rank... which is an amazing feature... then if you have one or two that you want to have more permissions than their rank allows you can just add them specifically. The control on who you let decorate is still in the hands of the guild leader SMILEY just because every one WANTS to decorate... doesn't mean that everyone can, or even has the skill to do so... SMILEY

It's really a lot like the guild bank in that too... just because you allow some ranks or individuals to deposit items into the bank, does not mean they have the permission or right to remove items. So... just because many are helping fund and maintain the guild house, that doesn't give them free roaming to do whatever they want with it... it still belongs to the whole guild... and the guild leader still has the ultimate say in what happens

Cynith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
Kaalenarc
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Blackhawks
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Kaalenarc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 691
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

i tend to agree, i want to place items in the guild hall that i can access that someone may not be able to move around or gank. problem is you have many people paying for upkeep but how many will actually be allowed to do anything in the hall they help pay for? that's up to the guild but it also seems like a headache giving each person permissions but i guess thats what has to be done.

now i have the issue of trying to tell the decorators not to decorate everything in the hall just because they have the desire to do so, leave the rest some room!

You can give permissions by rank... which is an amazing feature... then if you have one or two that you want to have more permissions than their rank allows you can just add them specifically. The control on who you let decorate is still in the hands of the guild leader SMILEY just because every one WANTS to decorate... doesn't mean that everyone can, or even has the skill to do so... SMILEY

It's really a lot like the guild bank in that too... just because you allow some ranks or individuals to deposit items into the bank, does not mean they have the permission or right to remove items. So... just because many are helping fund and maintain the guild house, that doesn't give them free roaming to do whatever they want with it... it still belongs to the whole guild... and the guild leader still has the ultimate say in what happens

QFE

and /snowball Cynith before fleeing the thread!

__________________


"Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." - Gary Gygax

Kaalenarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #9
LygerT

Loremaster
LygerT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: las vegas, NV
Posts: 2,144
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

i tend to agree, i want to place items in the guild hall that i can access that someone may not be able to move around or gank. problem is you have many people paying for upkeep but how many will actually be allowed to do anything in the hall they help pay for? that's up to the guild but it also seems like a headache giving each person permissions but i guess thats what has to be done.

now i have the issue of trying to tell the decorators not to decorate everything in the hall just because they have the desire to do so, leave the rest some room!

You can give permissions by rank... which is an amazing feature... then if you have one or two that you want to have more permissions than their rank allows you can just add them specifically. The control on who you let decorate is still in the hands of the guild leader SMILEY just because every one WANTS to decorate... doesn't mean that everyone can, or even has the skill to do so... SMILEY

It's really a lot like the guild bank in that too... just because you allow some ranks or individuals to deposit items into the bank, does not mean they have the permission or right to remove items. So... just because many are helping fund and maintain the guild house, that doesn't give them free roaming to do whatever they want with it... it still belongs to the whole guild... and the guild leader still has the ultimate say in what happens

i could care less about skill in decorating, that is the problem with people who have too much free time to decorate. if i pay out 5million status out of pocket to decorate i should also have a say in how it is decorated, but that's in the plea for guild halls permissions nothing else but don't try and tell me that just because a decorator can pretty something up that the other people do not have a right to some real estate in their guild halls.

great, so i pay rent and a good chunk of status for something i can walk around in but can't touch, place or move anything. this will annoy some people obviously, a more grand idea of permissions and personal allowance might want to be thought up, like say give each induvidual in the guild 50, 100 or even 200 items they can allocate in the hall but not be able to touch anything else, which can be either assigned to the guild as a whole, by rank or by induviduals. this will keep the control freak leadership from worrying about thiefs among guild members or /ragequitters who will destroy everything.

ranks also have other meanings, in say our guild we have ranks which are not going to change specifically for guild permissions purposes.

LygerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #10
Cynith
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Havok
Rank: Officer Alt

Loremaster
Cynith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 501
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

QFE

and /snowball Cynith before fleeing the thread!

/bonk Kaalenarc...  you know I'm going to get you for that SMILEY
Cynith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:16 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.