EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-18-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
Amiranda

Loremaster

After successful combat around the Bone Tower, my 2-man group was chatting and my PC fell down and can't get up.   I am locked out of my spells and abilities, can't use CALL or camp.  (You have to be able to sit in order to camp.)  I had to exit without camping and, after logging back in, I found myself on my feet at the same spot but immediately fell down again.  The only thing I can do with that toon is chat and move the camera.  This is on Lucan D'Lere server.  I submitted a /bug report.  Has anyone else had this happen to them?  I forgot to say that I'm a defiler.  FD is not one of our abilities.  Thanks to all the monks who replied.  I had received my level 19 spells about 30 mins earlier.[2nd edit]  Thanks guys.  X did the trick.  I had no idea you could put FD on someone else.  He may have been roleplaying but he's one name that's going on the ignore list.
Amiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:09 AM   #2
Sabutai

Loremaster

Amiranda wrote:
After successful combat around the Bone Tower, my 2-man group was chatting and my PC fell down and can't get up.   I am locked out of my spells and abilities, can't use CALL or camp.  (You have to be able to sit in order to camp.)  I had to exit without camping and, after logging back in, I found myself on my feet at the same spot but immediately fell down again.  The only thing I can do with that toon is chat and move the camera.  This is on Lucan D'Lere server.  I submitted a /bug report.  Has anyone else had this happen to them?
its called feign death, look it up.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:12 AM   #3
thephantomposter

Loremaster

Yeah, this happened to me, I was trying out my new shadow knight when I accidently hit feign death. I never used it before. I was laying there like some drunk on t he beach. No matter what I did or clicked on helped and I could not camp. I found out if you hit the 'x' button to stand up, everything was fine.

So try 'x'. :0)

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Elorah

Loremaster

I made a /stand macro that is placed RIGHT next to my Monk's FD.  Other then right clicking the buff in the window, I didnt know how to remove it...  lol I had to ask a monk *wink*
Old 06-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #5
Looker1010

ZAM Copy Editor

All you need to do, if you accidentally feign death, is hit the X key to stand up.

Merle 51 Conjurer / 50 Woodworker ... Miriamne 78 Warden / 87 Tailor

Morningstar 85 Paladin / 90 Alchemist ... Ogadia 73 Monk / 80 Carpenter

Test Server

Wamira 80 Warden / 80 Provisioner ... Breppa 64 Ranger / 71 Carpenter
Miriamne 66 Guardian / 73 Tailor ... Ariela 64 Conjurer / 72 Jeweler
Pasharia 52 Paladin / 71 Wood Worker ... Berengeria 50 Wizard / 74 Armorer
Taliana 65 Monk / 80 Alchemist ... Lavinia 54 Warlock / 70 Weaponsmith
Sadye 44 Coercer / 74 Sage ... Sarita 59 Bruiser

Kithicor - Retired
Looker1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #6
StormCinder

Loremaster

LOL.  I grouped with a guy that had just acquired his FD (an SK, if I remember right).  The icon must've popped onto his hotbar near his other CAs.  We were 2 SKs running around and I was tanking, he was targeting off me.  He kept hitting his FD and 'killing' me (didn't know you could FD someone else?...maybe he wasn't an SK).  So he's ending up getting whacked because it takes me a few secs to figure out that I've been FDd (again!).  We PUG'd with a couple others for a while to do Carpet Quest...he kept doing it.  The rest of the group thought I was FDing myself and letting them die.  He finally removed it from his hotbar.Good times,SC

cur·mudg·eon (kr-mjn)

n.

An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.
StormCinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #7
Kiara-

Loremaster

It's sad... I've known and loved FD for a long time (go go monk group fd!) so you'd think I wouldn't get caught by surprise... 

But every so often I'll be on the ground and spend a couple of seconds trying to figure out what the heck happened and why I can't move.

It's less embarrassing than my falling and getting lost issues though...  But only just.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
Amphibia

Loremaster

Tee hee, that's always funny. I used to love casting group FD when I was playing a monk. There was always someone who would go "Help! I'm stunned or something!!!"  SMILEY

Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
interstellarmatter

Loremaster

It's funny if you can get a gold spammer to join a group with you.  You'd be surprised how fustrating it is for them to figure out how to break a FD.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #10
Angitia
Server: Najena
Guild: Oderint Dum Metuant

Loremaster

Get a scout or wizzy to evac you. SMILEY
Angitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #11
Sassinak

Loremaster

Your friend cast Feign Death on you.  Hit X to stand up from it.Otherwise, I believe there is still a "/stuck" command in the game.  Try it.
Sassinak is offline   Reply With Quote