EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Duluvian

Loremaster

I am looking to collaborate with other guild leaders to brain storm and come up with ideas to facilitate new guild events.  Please list ones that you have used before for your guild.

Duluvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Brook

Tester

Everyone roll an alt, max level 3. Meet up in EL and all go to Rivervale, give everyone some alcoholic drinks have them all debuff, strip naked and have a race to see who can make it the furthest back in the zone while intoxicated. Need to have some high level toons to judge the event and offer monetary prizes for the winner and runner ups.
But seriously, you're the kind of guy that zones into gears without a healer and spends the whole match talking about the fact there isn't a healer instead of contributing. I hate you, and everyone like you that plays this game. Please spend less time whining and more time winning, it contributes to the general growth of the game and makes gameplay more enjoyable for all.

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
Isisalthea

Loremaster

We did a tour of members houses that was quite fun.   We all met at one location and ran from house to house to checkout everyones decorating.  We all had a great time and got to know each other a little better.   We have also had Writ contests,  where we counted the number of writs, both adventure and tradeskills.  Winner of most writs got a title.  Top level members had to use lower toons to compete, so the lower members had a chance. Had a costume party at halloween and a costume ball. Is that the kind of thing you are looking for?  or are you looking for guild advancement types of events, like guild raids and such?
Old 05-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
Thantoes

Loremaster

Brook wrote:
Everyone roll an alt, max level 3. Meet up in EL and all go to Rivervale, give everyone some alcoholic drinks have them all debuff, strip naked and have a race to see who can make it the furthest back in the zone while intoxicated. Need to have some high level toons to judge the event and offer monetary prizes for the winner and runner ups.

/chuckle aww the memories  Reminds me of the EQ1 races -- Everyone make an alt in Qeynos/Rivervale area and race to Freeport to the boat -- sometimes taking the boat to Fayder and running to High Elf city (dang what is the name of that -- been way too long) You could go Solo or group with someone say Fighter with Healer or couple Druids was usually good --

Had 2 finishers-- The first one there usually won money/choice of items and the one that made it with fewest deaths the same money OR an item 

Items were usually for main or could be any of thier charactors

Here you could do a Quest day-- Everyone get together to run through a quest Series, or help people do/finish designated quests

Tradeskill day were members can get together and help each other get something needed/wanted-- Say someone is getting ready to hit next tier and need armor/jewelery/weapon/spells-- Something like this--

City Writ raids-- Group City writs--

Dungeon Crawl day  -- Have people suggest zones and the one that is suggested most,, take a group or two and do an old fashion zone clearing (Instances usually preferred but not required if the chosen zone is pretty clear of others) If an instance you can race 2 groups to see who clears it first --

Just a couple suggestions - though as stated above not sure what exactly was wanted

Old 05-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
Duluvian

Loremaster

I was willing to take any and all suggestions.  Thanks for the ideas.
Duluvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
DragonMaster2385

Loremaster

A guild race.  All toons have no buffs or mounts and race on foot/griffon (no porting).  They have to hit certain checkpoints/hail a certain character.  Make it large and cross-zone.Also, get everyone into the arena.  That is fun as hell if you are all on TS/vent.
DragonMaster2385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #7
Krystara

Loremaster

While my guild is very small, so only guild events haven't been something needed yet, here are some of the things I've watched bring guilds together:

1. Promotion ceremonies - just keep them short, but definitely recognize members who have contributed.

2. Tavern night/party night - just an opportunity to get to know each other in a relaxed setting - it's led to some really great RP

3. The Longest Smear Contest - pick a zone that's just epic - there's one in KoS that works well for us.  See who can get the furthest before dying hideously.  I strongly suggest taking your armor off for this unless you don't mind the repair bill.  /grin

4. Battles between guilds - it's important to have a good /ooc relationship with another guild in order for this to go well, but there is no reason not to go to war!  Set up a night and have both sides square off in Thundering Steppes for an epic duel.

Krystara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
Lolah

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

/chuckle aww the memories  Reminds me of the EQ1 races -- Everyone make an alt in Qeynos/Rivervale area and race to Freeport to the boat -- sometimes taking the boat to Fayder and running to High Elf city (dang what is the name of that -- been way too long) You could go Solo or group with someone say Fighter with Healer or couple Druids was usually good --

Ah, the good old days! On Brell Serilis it was the "Naked Newbie Gnome" races. roll a level 1 character in Ak'Anon, then race them across the world with no gear, buffs, or spells to Qeynos or Erudin.I never had the timing in my schedule to participate, but it did inspire me to try such activities solo just to prove to myself I could do them.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #9
Gnobrin

Steam-monkey

Oh my goodness, the good ole' EQ-days Ak'Anon to Qeynos (or even to Erudin for the added fun) "Naked Gnome" runs...  No better time had by 50+ folks, and an amazing finishing line to see who actually makes it!  Really, any race where it's the "if you survive, you'll win" scenario is always a good time... that is, if you survive.

SMILEY

~Gnobrin!

Gnobrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #10
Liral

Loremaster

I was never in a guild in EQ1 unfortunately. Also, always seemed to miss GM events and such so have never seen one live, only read about them.

Liral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #11
Slapfish

Loremaster

Liral wrote:

I was never in a guild in EQ1 unfortunately. Also, always seemed to miss GM events and such so have never seen one live, only read about them.

You didn't miss much. Live events in EQ1 were pretty lame.

I do remember a few recruiting events in EQ that were kind of fun. NO one does that any more, but in the early EQ days they were very popular.  Some of the activities could probably be adapted to encourage lower level players and make them feel like part of the guild. Some of the things guilds would do would host contests in a zone that included running from one person to another at a location they would be given "clues" on how to find, there would be races, or choosing a random location and the first one there would win. Winners were then given prizes of various pieces of loot, lowbie stuff, but nice for brand new players.

You what might be fun? Set people up in teams of two. One of them rolls a new character and the other one has to get them safely across a zone (no invising). The one who get's their newbie the furthest wins. (or something of that nature).

Or how about a treasure hunt? You know, the kind like people do at parties where they go door to door and have to ask people for stuff? What if you had to stop random players in the game to find all the items of a list. Things like "tin cluster", "drachnid meat" etc.... Stuff that is not worth anything and that players might have on them.  No going to the banker or broker!!

or how about rolling brand new toons and putting together a 24 man raid to Blackburrow or something silly like that?

Slapfish is offline   Reply With Quote