EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
Path
Server: Vox

Loremaster

Fix it for Vox servers.It's getting really freakin old by now.  Don't care if you have to take down the server for a few hours, Just fix it.  Thanks.-Path
Path is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Gnobrin

Steam-monkey

Unusual, I heard that this issue was cleared up!  I'll forward the issue on, in case there's a deeper issue going on here.  Thanks for the heads-up!

~Gnobrin!

Gnobrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Path

Loremaster

Appreciate the fast response as always Gnobrin, much appreciated.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
Quicksilver74

Loremaster

I don't know if this is the best section for this, but what has been up lateley with outrageously long load times?  Everyone in my guild has the same problem, so I know it's not just me.  Like right now, I've been recieveing zone info on 2 separate accounts for over 15 minutes.  it doesn't matter which zone either! 

Please do everything you can to fix this.   Sucks when I'm unable to play my favorite game simply because the servers won't let me zone in to the game. 

Quicksilver74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
Elorah

Loremaster

I dont seem to be having this issue, but perhaps posting in the tech forums might get the notice of those that can help or are having the same issue...Technical Help and Questions*edit* I just noticed the server that you were on.  It seems that there were some others on that server that had issues as welll..  Take a peek at those forums...
Old 05-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
SirDinadan

Loremaster

Yes, the problems mentioned in this thread are local to the LiveGamer servers.. The Bazaar and Vox.  It's been this way for a week and a half, so I'd have thought every regular player would be aware it's a known issue by this point.
SirDinadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
ClawHammr

Loremaster

Does anyone else feel its time that SOE fixed the Zoning crashes ?

Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb

4G Corsair XMS 850mhz

Vista64

77 Necro/Vox

SOE its been 4 years: Fix the disappearing shadows
ClawHammr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
zixtent

Loremaster

Now you know it would not be EQ2 without the zone crashes lol.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
Calris
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Windrunner Trading Company

Loremaster

Of course. And I don't doubt that they're at least trying to find the cause so they can fix it. I think it's high time people got their heads out of their a**es and stopped assuming that just because a problem is taking a long time to fix it's simply being ignored. It's an irritating problem that I want to see fixed, but to think that they're not working on it in some way is just plain silly.But, are you sure you want them to focus more on this, Claw? I mean, it might take away from fixing that oh so critical disappearing shadow problem...
Calris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #10
Jrral

Loremaster

ClawHammr wrote:
Fortunately SOE seems to have felt that way a while ago, because it's been quite a while since I had a crash while zoning. I've encountered a different crash since GU45, this one a hard crash of the EQ2 client program causing the dreaded "This program has encountered an error" dialog from XP, but it doesn't happen too often (maybe once or twice a week). Perhaps your problem is with a particular zone, not zoning in general?
Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #11
Zarador

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
ClawHammr wrote:
Fortunately SOE seems to have felt that way a while ago, because it's been quite a while since I had a crash while zoning. I've encountered a different crash since GU45, this one a hard crash of the EQ2 client program causing the dreaded "This program has encountered an error" dialog from XP, but it doesn't happen too often (maybe once or twice a week). Perhaps your problem is with a particular zone, not zoning in general?
Respectfully, the problem is still occurring rapidly on the Exchange Servers.  Took me 4 attempts to log in earlier, same result, shows 4 characters instead of 8, shows the server is down and the characters are locked.  Then it refreshes, shows the server up but unable to log in. After I did manage to log in I sat at the loading zone screen for several minutes.Purchases and transactions on the Broker are randomly lagging out making you wait anywhere from 5-15 minutes for the transaction to complete.  You can't zone while this occurs and crashing or logging out can result in a loss of coin or product.Obviously the new code somehow adversely effected the Exchange Servers and continues to plague us.Yes, I'm aware that their aware, but the response for the first several days was that it must be our routers, firewalls, security features or systems causing a problem which, after spending time to correct, turns out to be on their end.  I understand their situation, but to some degree, it should be obvious that many people who had no problem before LU45 now have problems, it can't all be their systems and software that suddenly went amiss.
Zarador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #12
Cele

General

*thinks OP istrying to get banned*
Old 05-26-2008, 10:40 PM   #13
erin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
ClawHammr wrote:
I hate to say it, because it will probably start happening again, but I concur. Haven't crashed on zoning in quite some time.
erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #14
Talz

General

The title left me with expectations of frak being thrown around left and right.
Talz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #15
Jrral

Loremaster

Zarador wrote:
Respectfully, the problem is still occurring rapidly on the Exchange Servers.  Took me 4 attempts to log in earlier, same result, shows 4 characters instead of 8, shows the server is down and the characters are locked.  Then it refreshes, shows the server up but unable to log in. After I did manage to log in I sat at the loading zone screen for several minutes.Purchases and transactions on the Broker are randomly lagging out making you wait anywhere from 5-15 minutes for the transaction to complete.  You can't zone while this occurs and crashing or logging out can result in a loss of coin or product.
This doesn't sound like a description of a crash to me. It sounds like either network issues between you and SOE or server problems on the SOE side of things. Given it's the Exchange servers you're talking about and the work with LiveGamer, it wouldn't suprise me if Sony'd broken something server-side.
Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #16
machbane

Loremaster

This isn't a crash. We are getting stuck at "Receiving Zone Info". It doesn't matter if you are solo or grouped. It also appears that anyone zoning when the glitch happens all get stuck at the same time and get unstuck to finish zoning at about the same time. I have been on vent with several guildies when this occurs and can confirm this. We are scattered across the US and are almost certainly using different router paths to SOE. The fact that it happenes at the same time to everyone would indicate the the trouble is server side or SOE's network link with LiveGamer causing the trouble. Also Sanctum of Scaleborn has been down for 4 days now.
machbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
Gnobrin

Steam-monkey

We've got the local goblins crawiling all over the servers to see what's going on with the exchange/live gamer servers (Bazaar and Vox).  Over the weekend there were even a few Vox zone restarts to help in clearing up the troubles.  When I hear more about what's going on, I'll let you know!

~Gnobrin!

Gnobrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #18
kukubird

Loremaster

Man, I play that other game for a bit, come back to eq after a week to see this still isn't fixed?  Wow.... my welcome home was a nice waiting to zone to a nice reboot.
kukubird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #19
Dacies18

Loremaster

Nope its not just him. its the servers. I am on both Vox and Bazaar and this happens a few times an hour or so. sometimes less sometimes more.

I am begining to feel like the redheaded step child of SoE servers, even tho SoE is double dipping from us when they get a cut of whatever we buy ands ell on live gamer.

Dacies18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #20
Kirstie

Developer

We have identified what was causing the problems for Vox and The Bazaar.  As soon as it passes through some testing, in the hopes that we haven't broken anything else much worse, I'll be scheduling an update.I realize that this has been extremely frustrating for people playing on these two servers and now that we know what is causing the problem we're working on getting the solution out as quickly as possible.- Kirstie
Kirstie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #21
ClawHammr

Loremaster

Kirstie wrote:
We have identified what was causing the problems for Vox and The Bazaar.  As soon as it passes through some testing, in the hopes that we haven't broken anything else much worse, I'll be scheduling an update.I realize that this has been extremely frustrating for people playing on these two servers and now that we know what is causing the problem we're working on getting the solution out as quickly as possible.- Kirstie
That is good news, thanks SMILEY

Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb

4G Corsair XMS 850mhz

Vista64

77 Necro/Vox

SOE its been 4 years: Fix the disappearing shadows
ClawHammr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #22
Path

Loremaster

Path gets the job done, everytime!

Booyah SMILEYThanks for the fixes and fast responses again Dev Teams, always a great thing to see that SOE cares about their servers. (BTW.. EQ2 Shield Smashes AoC with 560,000 Crushing Damage).

Hooray for no zone locks!

Old 05-31-2008, 11:14 PM   #23
DeathRider69

Loremaster

Zarador wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
ClawHammr wrote:
Respectfully, the problem is still occurring rapidly on the Exchange Servers.  Took me 4 attempts to log in earlier, same result, shows 4 characters instead of 8, shows the server is down and the characters are locked.  Then it refreshes, shows the server up but unable to log in. After I did manage to log in I sat at the loading zone screen for several minutes.Purchases and transactions on the Broker are randomly lagging out making you wait anywhere from 5-15 minutes for the transaction to complete.  You can't zone while this occurs and crashing or logging out can result in a loss of coin or product.Obviously the new code somehow adversely effected the Exchange Servers and continues to plague us.Yes, I'm aware that their aware, but the response for the first several days was that it must be our routers, firewalls, security features or systems causing a problem which, after spending time to correct, turns out to be on their end.  I understand their situation, but to some degree, it should be obvious that many people who had no problem before LU45 now have problems, it can't all be their systems and software that suddenly went amiss.
I am having THE EXACT same issue and the THE EXACT same tech support response.  I was told it was all my network even when I had the problem on all accounts with one being directly connected to an IP on an OC45 network.  All 3 accounts hung on receiving zone info.  And when I had a broker hang, camping to char select would show the 4 accounts out of 7 as well as show the toon being in a location different that where I camped.  My tech support ticket has been open for 2 weeks now and I either get that it must be my network, accompanied by instructions on troubleshooting or they close the ticket saying it was solved.  I am glad I am not the only one having this exact issue on the Exchange servers.  Now the question I have is how do I get credit for the last 2 weeks of problems since game play has been broken during that time?
Old 06-01-2008, 04:02 AM   #24
EnderBeta

Loremaster

You can get 30 days free game time by buying a copy of Aoc. The way I see it, if EQ2 has the zoning problem fixed when my 30 days are up I'll keep my subscription, if not I'm cuting EQ2 loose.