EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
Swede
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Jesters

Loremaster

I just wanna know ho wthey handle in pvp , are they any good for solo. I am going to do a new char and was thinking of a dirge but most ppl say they suck for solo but i like the debuff str and so with them until ppl cant move.

But im curious about the Berserker now...how are they?

Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
Izzypop

Loremaster

A dirge is excellent at kiting other players in the end game.  A dirge also exceeds at Soloknar post camping because they can interrupt like crazy.  The problem dirges run into that prevents them from being a great pvp class is they have low DPS so if you go to Kite a class that shoots back like a Ranger, Warlock,  Wizard, Fury exc..... Let's just say you walked into a gunfight with a slighshot.

Zerkers are a great solid solo PvP class.  You don't have track or evak, but can win fights.  Your weakenss is if anybody kites you then all that zerker dps does you no good as long as you can't get your hands on another player.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
FinalOrder

Loremaster

Pick a small class, and utilize mystic's moppet disguise. Its cheap imo, but it sure is fun and as long its in the game, use it SMILEY I havent done it on my main yet (73 berserker) because been playing a dirge (level 18 i believe right now, just AA questing at the moment) and even though my dirge is a human, the moppet shrinks him so small! Good at avoiding oranges running around TD while I do the quests there SMILEY

Oh, and for kiting classes, as a berserker, get the raincaller bow, and hide behind your environments. Dont play their game. They cant do anything to you while you are out of their site, pop out, shoot an arrow.. if the stun procs, run up to them while charging destruction and open wounds depneding on the mobs around, and time your CA's with stun, stifle, interupt, knockback, stun again (keep the stuns apart, so the kiter's immunity drops before the 2nd one hits). If you feel the need, drink a freedom of mind or freedom of movement (i think thats the name) depending on the class you are fighting. Knowledge of other classes play in here.

If they arent dead by then, let them snare you with their snares, drink a potion to clear the snares, and follow run around. If you cant kill them still... well they will probably snare you, so you have to hide again unless you think you can finish them with bow attacks (honestly, I hit for around 700 - 1500 with my bow solo.

Sometimes, this just doesnt play out the way you want it.

Just some tips

Rottk

FinalOrder is offline   Reply With Quote