EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
Kinsin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Iron Tower

Loremaster

O.k. dark or light.. that is the question...    how are defiler and mystic in pvp?  how do I optimize their potential?     do I use melee, spells or both?     any help would be awesome     HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!    and thanks in advance
Old 12-21-2007, 09:30 PM   #2
Memmoch

Loremaster

I try not to pvp on my defiler anymore.  There are too many items in game that mez, stun, stiffle, interrupt, daze, etc.  It is now something to celebrate if I can actually get a group heal or group ward off in pvp.  It's just too broken at T8 =/Mystic's might have it a bit better, they do more dps that's for sure not sure on the healing side of things.
Memmoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:32 AM   #3
Shadow_Viper

Loremaster

Memmoch wrote:
I try not to pvp on my defiler anymore.  There are too many items in game that mez, stun, stiffle, interrupt, daze, etc.  It is now something to celebrate if I can actually get a group heal or group ward off in pvp.  It's just too broken at T8 =/
IFL2P!
Shadow_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:32 AM   #4
Psych

Augur

I hereby decree that all Predators and Rogues lose the right to tell other players of non pred/rogue class to L2P.Track and Stealth are huge advantages for all scouts but pair that with top tier burst DPS and chain armor nearly reaching plate mit % its not worth the argument anymore.Stop L2P'ing until preds and rogues arent the most played classes on nagafen/venekor. Then when you have to L2P you gain the ability to tell others to do so!Its like leveling up by playing a class other than the win flavor! Also there is cake.Sorry OP, not trying to derail this thread of yours. I dont know enough about high level shamans to tell you anything useful but creating a character in game then doing a /who all shaman for each alignment could get you some high level player names. Asking those players might be a good start for recent accounts of what its currently like in the field. Good luck whatever you choose.
Psych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:33 AM   #5
-Arctura-

Loremaster

Psych wrote:
I hereby decree that all Predators and Rogues lose the right to tell other players of non pred/rogue class to L2P.Track and Stealth are huge advantages for all scouts but pair that with top tier burst DPS and chain armor nearly reaching plate mit % its not worth the argument anymore.Stop L2P'ing until preds and rogues arent the most played classes on nagafen/venekor. Then when you have to L2P you gain the ability to tell others to do so!Its like leveling up by playing a class other than the win flavor! Also there is cake.
(( Shadow Vipers main is a fighter =P *ducks**diffuses the situation*BTW happy holidays back!!! ^_^
-Arctura- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #6
Urgol

Loremaster

solo you are pretty capable of beating anyone..in t7. In t8 scouts are impossible until the [Removed for Content] t8 weaps are nerfed a huge deal. In group pvp the tank is your friend, else you are [Removed for Content] up by a single rouge out there

Urgol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:36 AM   #7
KannaWhoopass

Loremaster

Defilers are weak period.

Mine is a raid character only ..

I dont know of any good PvP defilers who dont spend entire time in group .. with a second healer..

Group wards are weak .. compared to incoming dps .. one scout can chew through the entire ward in a second ..

single target ward is ok .. but when coupled with cast time plus recast its healing is easily out dps'd

easy to interupt .. did i say easy ... if a flea farts in Antonica .. you will be interupted.

DPS is low .. real low.. with exception of scourge .. which is situational.. and makes you a one trick pony.

t8 ward cant be cast on yourself making it only viable in a grp ..

debuffs will seldom have time to be used ..

If all of our debuffs were one button ... perhaps yo could use them in PvP ..

The jist of it is this .... it takes you over 30 seconds to kill another player ..

It takes other players 8 seconds to kill you ....

you cant evac root snare .. teleport invis stealth .. defilers are good for blue servers in a group .. and in raids for hitpoints and debufs in MT groups ....

there is little to offer in a PvP group that another class or healer does better ...

I love my defiler ... but he is a PvP [Removed for Content]...

Defilers are at their best in PvP as a second healer ... then the added hitpoints for the group + fear help .. but again another healer class can easily take your place..

There is no dream PvP group setup which incorperates a defiler..

Take Ralos for evac .. and use it every time you see a player comming at you ..

If i could make the defiler PvP changes ..

I would make Defilers the magic user and mystic the fighter hybrids..

Defilers could push their Int as high as possible while Mystics would use Str

Defilers PvP oneon one would be about covering your opponent in looooong duration Dots .. and then trying to stay alive long enough to let them do their work ...

Using debufs and wards to prolong the fight .. so that your enemy might be a dead man walking .. long before he knows it..

The mystics would fly in and beat snot out of you .. with a big stick ...

The problem is .. that these classes cant survive long enough at the moment... interup interup interupt dead .. is the pattern ..

for fun figgure out the average scout dps ... then figgure you healing potential .. and you will see that .. you dont stand a chance..

KannaWhoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:33 PM   #8
dellaripa

Loremaster

14.71 and 7.64 KvD ratios....eh?

Not bad for a gimped classSMILEY

dellaripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
KannaWhoopass

Loremaster

The history of my defiler .. is odd

I still dont have max faction ... far from it .. i was level 70 with no title at all . i just leveled.

However the peeps i grp with are good players ..

a master , 2 generals , and 2 dreadnaughts .. makes my defiler look better than he is ..

Im the second healer in that group , and am asked .. to log in my warden .. all the time..

KannaWhoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #10
dellaripa

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The history of my defiler .. is odd

I still dont have max faction ... far from it .. i was level 70 with no title at all . i just leveled.

However the peeps i grp with are good players ..

a master , 2 generals , and 2 dreadnaughts .. makes my defiler look better than he is ..

Im the second healer in that group , and am asked .. to log in my warden .. all the time..

Actually the 7.64 is your warden.  Sorry.  My mystic is in the mid 50s and has nowhere near a 14....or even a 6 KvD ratio.  However, I have little complaints about him.  So far I am having a blast.  Win some lose some.

The question though, when I get to 60+ will not be "are shamans gimped?" as much as are "rogues way overpowered?"  Everything I read on these forums points to the second.  Even wardens are having a tough problem with survivability against them.  If that's the case I expect frustration as well. 

Sorry Jitter, I didn't mean to jump on you like that.

dellaripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #11
Shadow_Viper

Loremaster

Psych wrote:
I hereby decree that all Predators and Rogues lose the right to tell other players of non pred/rogue class to L2P.Track and Stealth are huge advantages for all scouts but pair that with top tier burst DPS and chain armor nearly reaching plate mit % its not worth the argument anymore.Stop L2P'ing until preds and rogues arent the most played classes on nagafen/venekor. Then when you have to L2P you gain the ability to tell others to do so!Its like leveling up by playing a class other than the win flavor! Also there is cake.Sorry OP, not trying to derail this thread of yours. I dont know enough about high level shamans to tell you anything useful but creating a character in game then doing a /who all shaman for each alignment could get you some high level player names. Asking those players might be a good start for recent accounts of what its currently like in the field. Good luck whatever you choose.

You're honestly complaining about stealth? SMILEY I've got two words for you: Butterfly Totem.

All classes have their own advantages and disadvantages. Rather than running to the forums crying "Nerf! nerf!" how about actually learning how to take advantage of the disadvantages of a class that is giving you difficulty? Pretty simple idea.

I'll continue to say it as long a people continue crying for nerfs.

IFL2P

Shadow_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:27 AM   #12
Splintered

Loremaster

Shadow_Viper wrote:
Memmoch wrote:
I try not to pvp on my defiler anymore.  There are too many items in game that mez, stun, stiffle, interrupt, daze, etc.  It is now something to celebrate if I can actually get a group heal or group ward off in pvp.  It's just too broken at T8 =/
IFL2P!
lol.. that defilier is lvl 80 with almost 8k pvp kills, I think that entitles him to state in a sense his expert opinion as it would be known in the legal field. I actually rerolled when I moved to nagafen when I had my old warden, aka splintered as it says below, and now have a 60 defilier. Already I don't dare go out without at least my guardian to tank for me! I hope soe takes a look at us soon.