EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
ExtremeFaji

General

I know they share different bank accounts, but frankly I am torn here. I am the type of player who likes to have each character on a different tradeskill to be as self-sufficient as possible. However, I also want to have a decent mix of good and evil characters (and I don't plan on betraying all from one side to the other). I want to experience as much of the world as possible which means having characters based in each of the five major cities. I'm assuming that in order to do this I have to sacrifice the benefit of sharing 7 different tradeskill professions? The only think I could think of is very risky, and involves having one character log out next to the black market vendor, have the other character log in, put the item on the market super-cheap and then switch back ASAP (have to try this at a very low-traffic time). A trusted friend could also courier to a neutral land for a hand-off I suppose.

I don't mind supportng other crafters with my $$$, but when there is nothing on the market or it's way overpriced I like to be able to make it myself. Are there other methods of transferring items I don't know about?

ExtremeFaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
Shmogg

Loremaster

Couple thoughts. You can mail stuff to another character on your account, even across the good / evil lines. Gotta love the neutral mail service SMILEY. The second is a bit more involved and might run you a bit of cash up front. Make an "alt guild" and use a couple characters, one good and one evil, to transfer stuff via the guild bank. You need 5 other characters to group with you (as the leader) to form the guild and the fastest way to do it is to basically pay them a few gold upfront. There's also a fee to pay in-game to form a guild. Plus you'd need at least one to stay on long enough to invite the second character into the guild if you only have one account. Once you get the second character invited, thank (and pay) him/her and drop everyone from the guild.  End result is 4 banks with 20 slots each. Can't hold any containers with stuff in them but that's pretty good swap space.
Shmogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
Slacka
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Xanadu

Loremaster

Personally i find that utilising the mail system is the best option. can send items or cash in the mail to any character good evil or neutral for a few silver at a time.

Overdrive - 74 Brigand - Xanlite - Runnyeye Server

Lardy - 70 Guardian - Xanlite - Runnyeye Server

Admin of Xanadu Raid Loot Database
Slacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance

Loremaster

Doesn't sound like this applies to your situation.. but, I wanted to remind those who might be reading this for the first time. Mail between good and evil factions does not work on a PvP server. Nor can you trade with somebody of the opposite faction.
Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
ExtremeFaji

General

Ahh...I did not realize that the mail system works server-wide on non=pvp servers. That pretty much takes care of it. I like the idea of the alt guild for extra storage though. I may give that a try down the line. Thanks!!
ExtremeFaji is offline   Reply With Quote