EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
Bawang

Loremaster

I have 2 level 70 toons on Nagafen.  I"ve been away from PvP for a while but have been entertaining the idea of coming back and run my toons through the miriad of RoK quests to get their AAs up to par and level up to 80. 

Yesterday I logged on Nagafen for a couple of hours and attemped to get some people to join me to do quests  in Kylong.  I found no takers however.  All groups wanted to go to SoF.

Now this makes perfect sense on a PvP server.  The problem is that I'm not going to AAs in SoF.  That will be good for leveling for I'd feel gimped if I get to level 80 with the same amount of AAs I have now.

So, I guess I'm just trying to get a sense of what's ACTUALLY going on in Kylong and other RoK zones as far as questing.  Are bands of level 80s going around doing mass gankings of level 70s trying to get a foothold there?  Is that why I didn't see any groups forming for questing in RoK?  Are there many brave lone souls questing in RoK, and if so, do they get ganked a lot?

Bawang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
Bloodfa
Server: Nagafen

General

Yes, some are running groups strictly for the purpose of questing.  However the majority of the quests are soloable.  You may find some willing to group for them, but if there's a raid of "the other side" in your zone, good luck finding takers.  Roving gank raids do still happen.  For the most part they will mysteriously vanish when they lose the 4-1 advantage.  Same with gank groups.  That being said, when it's close to even numbers, that's when the real fun starts.  Also, what time were you on?

Bloodfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
Tae
Server: Venekor
Guild: Someone Gonna Die

General

Really? I've not seen anyone who wants to go to shard of fear. And yes most quests are solo, we've been doing them with one person and a tracker. You don't need anyone else.
Tae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
Rob626

Loremaster

As I level on quests, I notice that the roving groups of pvp'ers (note: not gank-squads) are centered around Kylong Plains where it seems easier to find people and they have mostly out-leveled the pve content. Beware the station and dock campers. Cheap tactic, IMO. Once you've hit around 73-74 you can get groups going to the fens and the jungle. Then you will primarily see other groups that are out questing and THAT is some fun fighting! Why don't I call them gank-squads? Well, in order for it to be a gank the opponent cannot have any chance to fight back. This is much less the case in this tier than in lower tiers. Even as a solo Guardian I rarely feel "ganked" in this expansion. Questable and MC gear makes gives me at least a small sliver of hope. Not saying you can win with that level of gear, but you can at least go down swinging. Majo, 74 Guardian for Shadow Guard, Venekor
Rob626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
Roald

Loremaster

I just did all the KP ones while they were mostly red, that way all the Qs were red and couldnt steal money or fame.

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #6
Bawang

Loremaster

I've done most of the quests in RoK on a blue server.  But what's it like when you first arrive in Kylong Plains on Nagafen?  What's the journey like from 70 to 72 in Kylong plains?  Can somebody write a little paragraph which we might entitle: "A day in the life of Mr. Kylong Plains quester"?
Bawang is offline   Reply With Quote