EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
Boadicca

Loremaster

When they say "use" what exactly are they talking about??  Use how?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
Troubor

Loremaster

Location: My Felwithe Mansion (and a couple other smaller homes), currently.

I actually haven't tried this yet, since I haven't had the chance to play yet, but I assume they mean one can have the diety pet summoned, along with "a collection pet".  To give an example, I couldn't before today's GU have both my pet baby owlbear and my diety pet up at the same time.  I'm assuming they mean now I can.

Again, I don't know if this is the case, but this is what I assume they mean.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
Doryshyn

Loremaster

I've been able to use my Deity Pet and my Orc pet at the same time for weeks so I don't think this is what they mean. The Orc pet is decoration, the Deity pet gives me a buff. I haven't tried this will a true pet class, perhaps there is a difference there.

- Pogo
Doryshyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
StormCinder

Loremaster

Not sure if the OPs question was slightly mis-interpreted (or I'm mis-interpreting) but I don't think either of these pets can be "used" in the sense that they are for combat (I don't have a diety pet).  The collection pets are just decoration.  I think by "use" in the patch notes they mean that you can have both spawned at the same time.

Again, I may be way off track.

SC

cur·mudg·eon (kr-mjn)

n.

An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.
StormCinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 AM   #5
Zagbab_Dorfbasher

Loremaster

Like an above poster said, you could not have your baby owlbear up at the same time as your diety pet, because when you summoned the owlbear the diety one got cancelled which was kind of annoying, hehe, especially since it took me quite some time to notice it SMILEYI am assuming this was true for many fluff pets lite the gorg one, the hearts, the birdie and so on.
Zagbab_Dorfbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
Copperheadr

Lord

Except the OP, everybody else spelled "deity" wrong.See here
Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
Ceeyia
Server: Najena
Guild: Nefarious

Loremaster

Copperheadr wrote:

*points to Doryshyn*

I beg to differ...

Ceeyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
Copperheadr

Lord

Beggars cause traffic problems...
Old 10-18-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
Ealthina

Loremaster

Copperheadr wrote:
Ealthina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:26 AM   #10
Copperheadr

Lord

Ealthina wrote:
Copperheadr wrote:
Aye, that i am...what are the others who can't spell, though ?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #11
Belaythien

Loremaster

Copperheadr wrote:
Desperately trying to loose weight SMILEY
Belaythien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:24 AM   #12
Magpie1

Loremaster

Ealthina wrote:
Copperheadr wrote:

Actually that should be 'a spelling [Removed for Content]'.

Grammar is slightly different see here SMILEYSMILEY

What does that make me? SMILEY

Old 10-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #13
Oakleafe

Loremaster

Copperheadr wrote:
Ealthina wrote:
Copperheadr wrote:
Should be a capital i.3 full stops?  " ... " is used to indicate that there is something missing, so this is a complete misuse if that's the intention as you cannot sensibly have something intentionally missing from your own sentence! "..." is just wrong in all circumstances!Captial w for the new sentence please.Incorrect use of a comma.No gap in-between the end of the sentence and the sentence ending mark, in this case a question mark.3 out of 10, must try harder! SMILEY

"Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do. Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do."
Oakleafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:48 AM   #14
Belaythien

Loremaster

Oakleafe wrote:
3 full stops?  " ... " is used to indicate that there is something missing, so this is a complete misuse if that's the intention as you cannot sensibly have something intentionally missing from your own sentence! "..." is just wrong in all circumstances!Incorrect use of a comma.
Actually "..." can indicate a pause. Since boards are a sort of conversation it is not wrong to use them.As far as both commas are concerned, I think they are placed correctly.By the way nitpickers: please reduce your quotes to the essential SMILEY
Belaythien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #15
DragonTurtle

Loremaster

They could be referring to temporary pets like the clockwork owlbear used in the owlbear hatchling quest and the Chirurgeon used in the Out of Mind quest.
DragonTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:59 AM   #16
Copperheadr

Lord

Oakleafe wrote:
Copperheadr wrote:
Ealthina wrote:
Copperheadr wrote:
Should be a capital i.3 full stops?  " ... " is used to indicate that there is something missing, so this is a complete misuse if that's the intention as you cannot sensibly have something intentionally missing from your own sentence! "..." is just wrong in all circumstances!Captial w for the new sentence please.Incorrect use of a comma.No gap in-between the end of the sentence and the sentence ending mark, in this case a question mark.3 out of 10, must try harder! SMILEY
Captial ?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #17
Solaran_X

Loremaster

ShadowknightWith my Deity Pet (Summon: Servant of Thule) out, I can stack it with these fluff pets:Summon Squire: L40 SK Fluff SpellSummon Zygomyd Sporeling: Splitpaw Fluff SpellHowever, casting these two pets dismisses my Deity Pet:Summon Gazer Pet: KoS Collection Reward SpellSummon Orc Priest Pet: Guide Event in Commonlands Reward SpellClearly, the Collection Pets ARE NOT stacking with the Deity pets as proclaimed in GU39. Not only does casting either the Summon Gazer Pet or the Summon Orc Priest Pet dismiss my Summon: Servant of Thule, but casting Summon: Servant of Thule also dismisses Summon Gazer Pet or Summon Orc Priest Pet. Furthermore...Summon Gazer Pet and Summon Orc Priest Pet DO NOT STACK. If either of them is up, summoning the other first dismisses whatever was up before.So it comes down to this:Summon: Servant of ThuleORSummon Gazer PetORSummon Orc Priest PetNecromancerWith my Deity Pet (Summon: Minion of Hate) out, I can it with these fluff pets:Summon Zygomyd Sporeling: Splitpaw Fluff SpellHowever, casting these three pets dismisses my Deity Pet:Summon Gazer Pet: KoS Collection Reward SpellHatch Gorg Egg: KoS Collection Reward SpellSummon Orc Warrior Pet: Guide Event in Commonlands Reward Spell Clearly, the Collection Pets ARE NOT stacking with the Deity pets as proclaimed in GU39. Not only does casting either the Summon Gazer Pet or the Summon Orc Warrior Pet dismiss my Summon: Servant of Thule, but casting Summon: Servant of Thule also dismisses Summon Gazer Pet or Summon Orc Priest Pet. Furthermore...Summon Gazer Pet, Hatch Gorg Egg, and Summon Orc Warrior Pet DO NOT STACK. If either of them is up, summoning the other first dismisses whatever was up before.So it comes down to this:Summon: Minion of HateORSummon Gazer PetORHatch Gorg EggORSummon Orc Warrior PetI'd test on my Assassin and Defiler...but I get the feeling that the test results would be the same.
Solaran_X is offline   Reply With Quote