EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
Ratkhan

Loremaster
Ratkhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 17
Default

I'm thinking of going into permanent exile and moving to Maj'Dul for RP reasons.  I've tried doing searches, but still have some questions -

Where will I be able to get AA/trait respec, if anywhere?

Will I lose all my class guild faction (example - Seafury Buccaneers) and will I be able to use the class merchant and turn in status relics there if not? 

What's the deal on tradeskill writs and faction for exiles?  I hear Maj'dul has no crafting area or crafting faction.  That's disappointing if true.

Are there any major high level questlines I'll be unable to complete?

When I get the Call of Ro or Maj'dul, will it replace Call of Haven or can I use both?

Will I be KoS in Kelethin and/or Neriak?  If not, are there any services I'll be unable to use in those cities?

Thanks

Ratkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
bensilvi

Loremaster
bensilvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 404
Default

Ratkhan wrote:

I'm thinking of going into permanent exile and moving to Maj'Dul for RP reasons.  I've tried doing searches, but still have some questions -

Where will I be able to get AA/trait respec, if anywhere?

Will I lose all my class guild faction (example - Seafury Buccaneers) and will I be able to use the class merchant and turn in status relics there if not? 

What's the deal on tradeskill writs and faction for exiles?  I hear Maj'dul has no crafting area or crafting faction.  That's disappointing if true.

Are there any major high level questlines I'll be unable to complete?

When I get the Call of Ro or Maj'dul, will it replace Call of Haven or can I use both?

Will I be KoS in Kelethin and/or Neriak?  If not, are there any services I'll be unable to use in those cities?

Thanks

While its nice for RP purposes to do that there is no way you should do it unless if it were for pvp. All the services you get are in haven only. You will have some major transportation issues getting around. As soon as you betry you loose the ability to do anything with any of the guild within a city. Yes you will be KOS in Kel and Neriak. There really is no reason at all to go perma exile just for RP. You can live in Majdul no poblems once you do the quest and still ahve a call to FP/Q and one to Majdul.
bensilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #3
Ratkhan

Loremaster
Ratkhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 17
Default

Are there some transportation issues I'm unaware of?  I was thinking Haven->Nek-N'Marr grif->docks.  That does not seem major to me.

As for all services, does that mean that mendors and vendors overland (outside the cities) will no longer work for me?  Does Haven have aa/trait respec options?

Just need more clarification please.  I'm hoping to find an exile guide (not a betrayal quest guide) if one is available.

Thanks.

Ratkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
bensilvi

Loremaster
bensilvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 404
Default

Ratkhan wrote:

Are there some transportation issues I'm unaware of?  I was thinking Haven->Nek-N'Marr grif->docks.  That does not seem major to me.

As for all services, does that mean that mendors and vendors overland (outside the cities) will no longer work for me?  Does Haven have aa/trait respec options?

Just need more clarification please.  I'm hoping to find an exile guide (not a betrayal quest guide) if one is available.

Thanks.

There is no carpet to DOF, hence Majdul you would have to sneak into the cities. I have betrayed several times and in the end there is no benefit at all to being perma exile unless u pvp.
bensilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
Uilamin

Loremaster
Uilamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 427
Default

Ratkhan wrote:

I'm thinking of going into permanent exile and moving to Maj'Dul for RP reasons.  I've tried doing searches, but still have some questions -

Where will I be able to get AA/trait respec, if anywhere?

Will I lose all my class guild faction (example - Seafury Buccaneers) and will I be able to use the class merchant and turn in status relics there if not? 

What's the deal on tradeskill writs and faction for exiles?  I hear Maj'dul has no crafting area or crafting faction.  That's disappointing if true.

Are there any major high level questlines I'll be unable to complete?

When I get the Call of Ro or Maj'dul, will it replace Call of Haven or can I use both?

Will I be KoS in Kelethin and/or Neriak?  If not, are there any services I'll be unable to use in those cities?

Thanks

1. You have to build up a city faction and do respecs there 2. I don't think so.  If you have faction you can still get writs, and sell.  If not you can sell relics in Maj 3. There are tradeskill work and rush order npcs in haven and a trade skill area. 4. You will not be able to complete Claymore 5. You can have both calls 6.  You will be kos unless you guild faction.
Uilamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #6
Harbringer Doom

Loremaster
Harbringer Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 669
Default

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Ratkhan wrote: There is no carpet to DOF, hence Majdul you would have to sneak into the cities.

This is wrong (at least on the PvP servers).

 On Venekor there is a carpet from the BB dock to SS.

Harbringer Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.