EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Lowell_high

Loremaster
Lowell_high's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 103
Default

These are some idea's I have always thought would be a decent idea to implement for the PVP servers to make things a little more interesting..

1. Feign death - While feigned your target appears as a "corpse" with no life and your enemies target is cleared.  While Feigned you also appear off track, just like a corpse does.

2. While a player is casting a spell he or she can walk at the same time.  (Similar to Vanguard)  This speed should be equal to the normal in-combat walking speed.

3. PVP death respawns you either to an adjacent zone or bind point and you cannot revive while your group is in pvp combat or PVP death results in a much longer and greater res sickness.

4.  Make docks a battleground again, docks where home to some of the best epic pvp battles.

5. Evac should be interuptable.

Anyone have some of their own ideas?

Lowell_high is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
Norrsken

Loremaster
Norrsken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,450
Default

[email protected] wrote:

These are some idea's I have always thought would be a decent idea to implement for the PVP servers to make things a little more interesting..

1. Feign death - While feigned your target appears as a "corpse" with no life and your enemies target is cleared.  While Feigned you also appear off track, just like a corpse does.

2. While a player is casting a spell he or she can walk at the same time.  (Similar to Vanguard)  This speed should be equal to the normal in-combat walking speed.

3. PVP death respawns you either to an adjacent zone or bind point and you cannot revive while your group is in pvp combat or PVP death results in a much longer and greater res sickness.

4.  Make docks a battleground again, docks where home to some of the best epic pvp battles.

5. Evac should be interuptable.

Anyone have some of their own ideas?

I'd love to see nr 4. It would be a blast now with no zoning. SMILEY
__________________




Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
treyy

Loremaster
treyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 43
Default

 
__________________
treyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
orehn

Loremaster
orehn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mom's Basement
Posts: 56
Default

Docks used to be the place to be-I remember running through the pass in TS with a group only to stop and pre-buff, ward, and everything just because you knew you were going to have to fight your way to a bell.  Those were the days... =)
__________________
<3leo-lbb



orehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:16 AM   #5
Xunen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Austria
Posts: 105
Default

[email protected] wrote:

1. Feign death - While feigned your target appears as a "corpse" with no life and your enemies target is cleared.  While Feigned you also appear off track, just like a corpse does.

2. While a player is casting a spell he or she can walk at the same time.  (Similar to Vanguard)  This speed should be equal to the normal in-combat walking speed.

3. PVP death respawns you either to an adjacent zone or bind point and you cannot revive while your group is in pvp combat or PVP death results in a much longer and greater res sickness.

4.  Make docks a battleground again, docks where home to some of the best epic pvp battles.

5. Evac should be interuptable.

Anyone have some of their own ideas?

1. - I don't think anyone would be as dumb as to not realize if someone's really dead.

2. - Sorry, no comment... Why should such a thing happen? That would result in even more unbalanced PvP.

3. - Already have 100 topics about revivezerging.

4. - No problem with that I think.

5. - Evac IS interruptable. Every spell besides instant spells is interruptable.

__________________
Xunen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:22 AM   #6
Lowell_high

Loremaster
Lowell_high's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 103
Default

You can interupt Evac with fear thats it, no stun, no stifle, mez, knockback, or interupt ability actually stops evac.  This was changed when they took out in combat evac.  This is for a scout, not a caster.
Lowell_high is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
Scatimus

Loremaster
Scatimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pa
Posts: 42
Default

Xunen wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

1. Feign death - While feigned your target appears as a "corpse" with no life and your enemies target is cleared.  While Feigned you also appear off track, just like a corpse does.

2. While a player is casting a spell he or she can walk at the same time.  (Similar to Vanguard)  This speed should be equal to the normal in-combat walking speed.

3. PVP death respawns you either to an adjacent zone or bind point and you cannot revive while your group is in pvp combat or PVP death results in a much longer and greater res sickness.

4.  Make docks a battleground again, docks where home to some of the best epic pvp battles.

5. Evac should be interuptable.

Anyone have some of their own ideas?

1. - I don't think anyone would be as dumb as to not realize if someone's really dead.

2. - Sorry, no comment... Why should such a thing happen? That would result in even more unbalanced PvP.

3. - Already have 100 topics about revivezerging.

4. - No problem with that I think.

5. - Evac IS interruptable. Every spell besides instant spells is interruptable.

1- if the person appeared as a corpse then people wouldnt be able to cast on them.  so it would work out.  it would be a huge advantage to some classes but, it is a good idea 

2- why shouldnt more classes have the ability to cast their MAGIC spells while walking?  the are MAGIC.  but, apparently, mages classes can not use their feet and hands at the same time. 

Scatimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
Legiax

Loremaster
Legiax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 353
Default

We should be able to cast whilst moving IMO, but the casting time should be increased by 35%.

I mean, if a wizard has a spell, it means they have mastered it... so why cant I run after you and cast Ice Nova with some form of penalty for mobile casting? BS.

Legiax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #9
Bozidar

Loremaster
Bozidar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,292
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Anyone have some of their own ideas?

yeah, but i love how you pass these all off as your own SMILEY
Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
Spag

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 312
Default

[email protected] wrote:

1- if the person appeared as a corpse then people wouldnt be able to cast on them.  so it would work out.  it would be a huge advantage to some classes but, it is a good idea 

So the bruiser can drag you into agro heric mobs, feign, stay feigned and watch you die to PvE while you cant even attack him, and cant jump on a wall or evac due to being in pvp combat.

On top of which if feign death made you immune to pvp, then brawlers would never lose.  They could get down to 20% feign and either wait for you to go away or wait for their heal to refresh, pop back up, heal, feign again, rinse and repeat.

Not such a good idea.

Spag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #11
Lowell_high

Loremaster
Lowell_high's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 103
Default

Well, you should be able to cast on them.  You just can't see their health.  And the advantage would be they could stay FD'd and not appear on track, so they could watch over there own area within their view or hide behind a rock or what not.  Anyway, if when you died you went back to your bind point, I would think some people would assume you are dead and waiting for a res, but who knows if they will ever be implemented.
Lowell_high is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
ailen

Loremaster
ailen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 385
Default

I have had my scout evac interrupted many times.... since the changes.  I have interrupted scout evac since the changes.

DO NOT ask me how I did it, or what they did to me to make it happen, because whatever it is, it's intermittant....

and no, I wasn't just feared.

__________________
ailen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:49 AM   #13
Greeen-_-Ranger

Loremaster
Greeen-_-Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nagafen
Posts: 296
Default

[email protected] wrote:
Xunen wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

1. Feign death - While feigned your target appears as a "corpse" with no life and your enemies target is cleared.  While Feigned you also appear off track, just like a corpse does.

2. While a player is casting a spell he or she can walk at the same time.  (Similar to Vanguard)  This speed should be equal to the normal in-combat walking speed.

3. PVP death respawns you either to an adjacent zone or bind point and you cannot revive while your group is in pvp combat or PVP death results in a much longer and greater res sickness.

4.  Make docks a battleground again, docks where home to some of the best epic pvp battles.

5. Evac should be interuptable.

Anyone have some of their own ideas?

1. - I don't think anyone would be as dumb as to not realize if someone's really dead.

2. - Sorry, no comment... Why should such a thing happen? That would result in even more unbalanced PvP.

3. - Already have 100 topics about revivezerging.

4. - No problem with that I think.

5. - Evac IS interruptable. Every spell besides instant spells is interruptable.

1- if the person appeared as a corpse then people wouldnt be able to cast on them.  so it would work out.  it would be a huge advantage to some classes but, it is a good idea 

2- why shouldnt more classes have the ability to cast their MAGIC spells while walking?  the are MAGIC.  but, apparently, mages classes can not use their feet and hands at the same time. 

1:  Horrible idea, possibly the worst ever.

2:  Did you know even in most fantasy literature, mages remain still while casting.  My favorite description of a mage on mage battle is this: Mage 1 Casts attack spell on mage 2.  Mage 2 casts counter spell on mage 1 to go on the offensive.  Mage 1 begins to counter with his own attack.  Warrior walks up and kills both while they are casting.

Greeen-_-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #14
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus
Rank: Tirones

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,240
Default

[email protected] wrote:
 Warrior walks up and kills both while they are casting.

Warrior swings his sword, then falls to the floor writhing in agony while his flesh burns from his bones as the fireshield spell shoots back down his sword arm, cooking him inside the tin can he conveniently came packaged in.

Nice.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:07 AM   #15
Greeen-_-Ranger

Loremaster
Greeen-_-Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nagafen
Posts: 296
Default

shaunfletcher wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
 Warrior walks up and kills both while they are casting.

Warrior swings his sword, then falls to the floor writhing in agony while his flesh burns from his bones as the fireshield spell shoots back down his sword arm, cooking him inside the tin can he conveniently came packaged in.

Nice.

So what your saying is that you throw up iceshield vs. mages?  Be realistic dont just throw random crap out there.  1: A melee damage shield would not have been thrown up vs. another mage.  2: Mage in my scenario was in mid cast, he wouldn't just drop that and immediately throw up some insta cast melee shield.  I made the statement as a reference to EQ2 pvp and people that whine that mages lose to melee classes.  The qoute is a little off, but it comes from Raymond Feist's the Serpent War Saga (or one of his series at least.)
Greeen-_-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #16
Greeen-_-Ranger

Loremaster
Greeen-_-Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nagafen
Posts: 296
Default

Not bashing you either bro, thanks for your input, I love roleplaying, honestly, I have NO idea why I didn't go to Venekor...I love pvp so much that it seemed Nagafen was the only real choice after the disappointments on vox.
Greeen-_-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 AM   #17
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus
Rank: Tirones

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,240
Default

[email protected] wrote:
shaunfletcher wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
 Warrior walks up and kills both while they are casting.

Warrior swings his sword, then falls to the floor writhing in agony while his flesh burns from his bones as the fireshield spell shoots back down his sword arm, cooking him inside the tin can he conveniently came packaged in.

Nice.

So what your saying is that you throw up iceshield vs. mages?  Be realistic dont just throw random crap out there.  1: A melee damage shield would not have been thrown up vs. another mage.  2: Mage in my scenario was in mid cast, he wouldn't just drop that and immediately throw up some insta cast melee shield.  I made the statement as a reference to EQ2 pvp and people that whine that mages lose to melee classes.  The qoute is a little off, but it comes from Raymond Feist's the Serpent War Saga (or one of his series at least.)

You were referring to non game ideas of mages.. and Im referring to the fact that any smart mage (and lets face it most are smart in books) wouldnt leave himself unprotected.. and also to the equally common stereotype that fighters and such are very vulnerable to spells, their armour and swords offering little protection against a mage who is neither disabled nor 'tired'

Of course the theme of the powerful yet arrogant mage who DOES leave himself unprotected and is killed by a kid with a dagger is a classic one, but its not some kind of archetype for how mages function.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #18
Greeen-_-Ranger

Loremaster
Greeen-_-Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nagafen
Posts: 296
Default

shaunfletcher wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
shaunfletcher wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
 Warrior walks up and kills both while they are casting.

Warrior swings his sword, then falls to the floor writhing in agony while his flesh burns from his bones as the fireshield spell shoots back down his sword arm, cooking him inside the tin can he conveniently came packaged in.

Nice.

So what your saying is that you throw up iceshield vs. mages?  Be realistic dont just throw random crap out there.  1: A melee damage shield would not have been thrown up vs. another mage.  2: Mage in my scenario was in mid cast, he wouldn't just drop that and immediately throw up some insta cast melee shield.  I made the statement as a reference to EQ2 pvp and people that whine that mages lose to melee classes.  The qoute is a little off, but it comes from Raymond Feist's the Serpent War Saga (or one of his series at least.)

You were referring to non game ideas of mages.. and Im referring to the fact that any smart mage (and lets face it most are smart in books) wouldnt leave himself unprotected.. and also to the equally common stereotype that fighters and such are very vulnerable to spells, their armour and swords offering little protection against a mage who is neither disabled nor 'tired'

Of course the theme of the powerful yet arrogant mage who DOES leave himself unprotected and is killed by a kid with a dagger is a classic one, but its not some kind of archetype for how mages function.

I was in the middle of typing a response disagreeing with you until I read the second part.  You know your mages :p
Greeen-_-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #19
CompStomp

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 62
Default

Yep its true! Evac gets interupted. Stuns dont work. But Stifles, Fears and Charms do as well as interupts stop evac.
CompStomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.