EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
Grimwell

Community Relations
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,062
Default

Just a friendly reminder. If you want to try some of this stuff out, you can do the /testcopy add command and your character (and all gear) will be there in a day or so. Plenty of time for you guys to see the new PvP balancing in action, and the AA items as well. This is one advantage the PvP community has, you can jump your whole guild over there for a day, try the new raid and elements, and still be on your home server. It's worth a look!
Grimwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
Zexxii

Loremaster
Zexxii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 181
Default

any idea how long we have to test these before they go live?
Zexxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
SolomanShort

Loremaster
SolomanShort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: U.K.
Posts: 124
Default

I second that..... After searching the forums, I can see no mention of when this new update is to be released.... any hints please..
SolomanShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
Soulhunt
Server: Vox

General
Soulhunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 47
Default

ive done the command to /testcopy add......waited for days and still cant play on it, been trying for almost 2 weeks now...why?

i log on normaly then hit test server....then i load up....scans then goes into downloading.....after a min or 2 then it stops and says download cancelled and i dont have option to hit play....happens everytime i try to download. please look into this .i think there's something wrong .

SOULHUNTER

Soulhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:08 PM   #5
tass

Loremaster
tass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,097
Default

why use test copy and wait a month. Log on and go to fluffy the beta buffer zip to 70 master 1 spells, relic gear and exile faction and go psycho.
tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:17 AM   #6
Nakash

Loremaster
Nakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 213
Default

tass wrote:
why use test copy and wait a month. Log on and go to fluffy the beta buffer zip to 70 master 1 spells, relic gear and exile faction and go psycho.

There is a beta buffer on the pvp test server ?

Thats new to me... where to find ? Would love to test the changes with a toon of equal level to my main.

__________________
Nakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
Soulhunt
Server: Vox

General
Soulhunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 47
Default

still cant log on to test server!!! [Removed for Content]
Soulhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 AM   #8
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus
Rank: Tirones

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,240
Default

what I did

Copy my whole game folder (I dont want my main game copy messed with). make a shortcut to the launcher in the new folder, and launch it. log in. click test server. log in again when it comes up (you know if you are on test server because the test server button is disabled), and wait a long time for updates. play. every time I want to play on test I have to log in, click test server, and click log in again then start. I also always make sure that when starting on test server that "select character" is the choice in my list not one of my actual characters as that would confuse the login.

Ive had, on one occasion, to go into options on the start screen and tell it to re validate all files, which worked fine.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #9
Harbringer Doom

Loremaster
Harbringer Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 669
Default

Grimwell wrote:
Just a friendly reminder. If you want to try some of this stuff out, you can do the /testcopy add command and your character (and all gear) will be there in a day or so. Plenty of time for you guys to see the new PvP balancing in action, and the AA items as well. This is one advantage the PvP community has, you can jump your whole guild over there for a day, try the new raid and elements, and still be on your home server. It's worth a look!
The title of the thread says to "/testcopy add" if you want to "tinker on PvP test"... So this seems like a good time to mention that tinkered pets are bugged in PvP.  They get summoned, but then they stand around looking confused, and do not attack. Fix tinkered pets plz.
Harbringer Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #10
Splintered

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 344
Default

[email protected] wrote:

ive done the command to /testcopy add......waited for days and still cant play on it, been trying for almost 2 weeks now...why?

i log on normaly then hit test server....then i load up....scans then goes into downloading.....after a min or 2 then it stops and says download cancelled and i dont have option to hit play....happens everytime i try to download. please look into this .i think there's something wrong .

SOULHUNTER

are u running windows vista? There is a problem with vista that doesn't allow you to download. If you are, you can fix it by searching in the help menu on this site, type in keyword "download canceled".
__________________
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #11
Soulhunt
Server: Vox

General
Soulhunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 47
Default

windows xp actually...still have no clue why it wont download. o well i need to take long break fom game anyways due to RL issues...was hoping to play alittle on test before i left....guess not. thx

soulhunter

Soulhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.