EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #1
Droka

Loremaster

I heard a rumor that they are opening up free pvp transfers again between servers because of a technical glitch. I am not referring to the extention they gave previously but a new session of free pvp transfers between servers.

Is this just a rumor?

Old 06-15-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Piccolo
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Campaign of Light

Loremaster

Droka wrote:

I heard a rumor that they are opening up free pvp transfers again between servers because of a technical glitch. I am not referring to the extention they gave previously but a new session of free pvp transfers between servers.

Is this just a rumor?

I was under the impression that they server transfers will be enabled again when they fix the "bug" that they said was effecting it.

i highly doubt they will be free tho.

Piccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
Meatmonster
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Highkeep Heros

Loremaster

Droka wrote:

Is this just a rumor?

It's more of a rumor and less than a fact right now.  Basically, the short version is I got told by a GM and in Livechat that PVP transfers were closed and probabaly would permanently be. I PM'd Grimwell, and specifically asked about PVP transfers and linked him to my thread I made at the time. There wasnt really any reference to PVP in the reply, though, so Iunno. Grimwell wrote:
There is a problem with housing related to the character transfers, so they have been suspended while the dev team works that out. I just found out today and am working on some messaging to share later today with the community about it.
---- Craig "Grimwell" Dalrymple EQ2 Community Manager Sony Online Entertainment
 Considering that there are a handful of posts from Devs that mention that the plan was to allow PVP transfers for 50$ after merges, I cant imagine it is really not going to be allowed.
Meatmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
Meatmonster
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Highkeep Heros

Loremaster

Actually, I just looked at the PVP transfer service to look into transfering a character to another account, and it looks like PVP transfers are open again.
Meatmonster is offline   Reply With Quote