EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
Harbringer Doom

Loremaster
Harbringer Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 669
Default

Is it me, or is there a new rash of 70s running around with their T2/T3 twinks, protecting them from being attacked in open zones while they farm named? They stay grouped until they see someone the lower levels can beat, then they drop group, kill, regroup. We need a "Real Norrathians of Genius" stanza for you, Mr. Can't Compete in PvP Unless I Have Someone 50 Levels Higher Protecting Me Guy. But, on the bright side, Tesar is happy to come one shot (maybe two shot) your twinks and then kill you wherever you are found.  And he's offering this service for free to those calling out in channel.
Harbringer Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
CresentBlade

Guardian
CresentBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 756
Default

[email protected] wrote:
Is it me, or is there a new rash of 70s running around with their T2/T3 twinks, protecting them from being attacked in open zones while they farm named? They stay grouped until they see someone the lower levels can beat, then they drop group, kill, regroup. We need a "Real Norrathians of Genius" stanza for you, Mr. Can't Compete in PvP Unless I Have Someone 50 Levels Higher Protecting Me Guy. But, on the bright side, Tesar is happy to come one shot (maybe two shot) your twinks and then kill you wherever you are found.  And he's offering this service for free to those calling out in channel.
This is starting to be a trend I have noticed as well, they want you to attack so they can group with the guy 20-40 levels higher and kill you. Pretty lame but not suprising given the trend of lameness to hit pvp servers lately.
CresentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #3
Image_Vain

Scholar
Image_Vain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a basement, a very, very, dark basement, I havent seen the sun in like, 10 years =(
Posts: 454
Default

[Removed for Content] thats great.
Image_Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
Microbolt

Loremaster
Microbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 170
Default

[email protected] wrote:
Is it me, or is there a new rash of 70s running around with their T2/T3 twinks, protecting them from being attacked in open zones while they farm named? They stay grouped until they see someone the lower levels can beat, then they drop group, kill, regroup. We need a "Real Norrathians of Genius" stanza for you, Mr. Can't Compete in PvP Unless I Have Someone 50 Levels Higher Protecting Me Guy. But, on the bright side, Tesar is happy to come one shot (maybe two shot) your twinks and then kill you wherever you are found.  And he's offering this service for free to those calling out in channel.

I've seen this alot here lately.  On my level 27 Swashy.  This one 29 and 70 was grouped following me everywhere trying to catch me off guard so the could kill me. 

And on my 58 conj had an 53 assassin that was with a 70 both came up to me and when he was perfectly behind me dropped and assassinate SMILEY  If I hit him before he was in position 70 would of one-shotted me and couldn't turn on melee for autoface because then I would of engaged and the 70 would of one-shotted me SMILEY

SoE should make it where you can't attack outside your level range even if your grouped with someone if you see the "you will not recieve experience or quest credit because xyz is too high"

The only good news is if you can drop them quick enough before the 70 has a chance to hit you become immune to the 70 if he hasn't engaged yet SMILEY

__________________
Microbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
Harbringer Doom

Loremaster
Harbringer Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 669
Default

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

The only good news is if you can drop them quick enough before the 70 has a chance to hit you become immune to the 70 if he hasn't engaged yet SMILEY

Shhh... don't say that too loudly.  The look of shock on their faces must be priceless when they are taught this lesson.
Harbringer Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #6
Harbringer Doom

Loremaster
Harbringer Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 669
Default

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

SoE should make it where you can't attack outside your level range even if your grouped with someone if you see the "you will not recieve experience or quest credit because xyz is too high"

Oh, and I'm not lobbying for another rule, I'm just here to discuss the lameness. Some people probably consider this a brilliant tactic, and smart PvP.   Hell, they probably support it as adamantly as some support level locking. I just think if you need a level 70 babysitter to constantly change your diaper in the low zones, you are weak.
Harbringer Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #7
Microbolt

Loremaster
Microbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 170
Default

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

The only good news is if you can drop them quick enough before the 70 has a chance to hit you become immune to the 70 if he hasn't engaged yet SMILEY

Shhh... don't say that too loudly.  The look of shock on their faces must be priceless when they are taught this lesson.

LOL.  I love to /giggle to the lvl 70 after i do it SMILEY

__________________
Microbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #8
w1

General
w1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 45
Default

lol yeah I've been seeing this a lot too, especially from noob guilds such as cannon fodder and radiant legion.  Speaking of radiant legion.... I saw a 70 from radiant legion babysitting his f'ing "bot" group in TS then in SH the other day.  I griefed them over and over again and he joined their group and they auto followed him out, but what else can you do besides have them auto follow you when you're using bots because you're a loser.  Name was saardon or something like that.  Good job Radiant legion...... looks good on your guild to have that kind of activity going on.
__________________
w1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.