EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
Eybietie

Custom Avatar
Eybietie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 799
Default

real reasons why people level lock : the NUMBER ONE REASON why people level lock is because in t2-t4 there are the BEST ZONES TO PVP.

at t4 zones start slightly to get overcrowded by mobs and whatnot and it gets worse as you advance in tiers. is there pvp in zek? not really - there are no real battlegrounds. pvp in el is just near the docks to be found. why? because there are a batrillion mobs running arround. think about it. it´s true. another reason is that you don´t have to find a raid guild or let´s say you don´t have to raid 4 nights a week to upgrade your gear. let´s face it - you go to 4 raids per week. that would still result in 3 to 4 month raid work to get your char equipped if you are lucky with loot. there are people that raided daily on pve servers for years and really are tired of raiding just f. example. you can max out your character solo. at lower level i also would say - pvp is more balanced in average. classes don´t have about 5 to 10 super special tricks ( like band of thugs, inspiration and stuff, tsunami, pvp belt etc etc. go figure ) sure the whole let yourself get killed 3 million times at the docks to max the aa is kinda stupid and makes it inbalanced for those that don´t like to spend so much time in aa grinding but in fact everybody could be equal according to aa level it´s personal effort. t2 is a lil bit stupid i must admit because you have like two CAs/ spells.

to the dedicated t7 player : think about that stupid [Removed for Content] you keep talking ... level locked players ONLY LEVEL LOCK BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GANK GREEN NEWBIES. so what do you say about the fact, that the level lock thing happens ON BOTH SIDES? ^^ you think some gank crew spots another gankcrew meeting each other at x-roads /wave each other and go to different directions to get that harvesting green which must be out here somewhere... this is the only issue you bring up all the time and it´s not really true. i would say it´s on the contrary - the newb sees that and thinks well how can i do this too? asks in the forums or just per tell someone he inspects in q harbour or freeport or so. if he doesnt do that - and have no clue what´s going on - how should he excell in t7? people should just realize that it is fun for both factions to lvl lock and fight each other. for both factions. you also never mention people who start playing eq2 just for the purpose of twink lvl lock action. and i would say - people don´t level lock forever. just so you know - i have a lvl 70 character. so spare that bla bla for bozidar or how he is called. ganking people who have no chance in winning is fun too from time to time. but it´s def´ly not what a lvl locker is looking for . maybe in the first 400 to 500 kills untill they grind their basic faction. ah - at t7 faction armor is 90% BS. lvl 20 to let´s say 27 or 28 there are the most fine things to get via faction merchant. after this it gets less and less. faction is no real reason to level lock ( at least not on a propper server - maybe vox or venekor has the need to max your faction beforehand.. i don´t know ) read this or not - it´s true.

Eybietie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Xaltuton

Lord
Xaltuton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13
Default

T2 PVP is easy mode and lazy mode. No effort invloved. Simply purchase your gear, zerg and 1 shot solo questers. It's a [I cannot control my vocabulary] joke. Being a new player it's all I can do to get through T2 content before I quit this game. I already had 2 friends simply give up due to twink zergs. I thought the whole point of T2 twink PVP was to battle over titles. Instead all I see are twink zergs killing titleless questers then gloating. GG Sony. I pray the game gets better and the later tier PVP becomes more skill oriented, not  about gear.
Xaltuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Bozidar

Loremaster
Bozidar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,292
Default

Xaltuton wrote:
I pray the game gets better and the later tier PVP becomes more skill oriented, not  about gear.

rofl'd irl..

how did you manage to type that w/o shooting coffee out your nose all over your keyboard?

Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
Bozidar

Loremaster
Bozidar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,292
Default

Xaltuton wrote:
T2 PVP is easy mode and lazy mode. No effort invloved. Simply purchase your gear, zerg and 1 shot solo questers. It's a [I cannot control my vocabulary] joke. Being a new player it's all I can do to get through T2 content before I quit this game. I already had 2 friends simply give up due to twink zergs. I thought the whole point of T2 twink PVP was to battle over titles. Instead all I see are twink zergs killing titleless questers then gloating. GG Sony.

Sorry, i had to respond to that other part first SMILEY

If T2 pvp is easy/lazy mode, with no effort involved.. why is it that you can barely get through it?  It's so eaaassy!!  No effort, remember?  I love when people say it's so easy and then whine.. it's just so funny.

And please pass along the names of griefers on nagafen's Q side.  You kill a green for his status and faction, but you don't grief them -- there's no reason for it, it's bad form.  So when i get the chance, i like to kick their teeth in and tea bag their unconcious (not yet dead) bodies. If they're on the FP side.. i'd like to know what guild they're in.

Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
Eybietie

Custom Avatar
Eybietie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 799
Default

you lvl to 20 in let´s say 5 hrs. so where is the problem?

firemystgully galore for those who want to avoid t2. there are grps everytime in fmg.

Eybietie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!
Wytie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,579
Default

Xaltuton wrote:
T2 PVP is easy mode and lazy mode. No effort invloved. Simply purchase your gear, zerg and 1 shot solo questers. It's a [I cannot control my vocabulary] joke. Being a new player it's all I can do to get through T2 content before I quit this game. I already had 2 friends simply give up due to twink zergs. I thought the whole point of T2 twink PVP was to battle over titles. Instead all I see are twink zergs killing titleless questers then gloating. GG Sony. I pray the game gets better and the later tier PVP becomes more skill oriented, not  about gear.

LOL well if you call the skill of knowing you dont have a forsure chance of winning and rather than try,  jump off a cliff sit immune till help arives to easy gank your target.

Yep now that takes skill, honestly i havent seen that crap nearly as much in T2...

You know why cause in the T2 zone the level ranges are fair, and the zones dont provide an easy means of killing yourself. To me this alone makes for fun pvp, you just have a guard hugger issue which is easly fixed with a fast runner to pull the guards for a sec while the pu$$ gets finished of

__________________
Wytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #7
Xaltuton

Lord
Xaltuton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13
Default

Bozidar wrote:
Xaltuton wrote:
T2 PVP is easy mode and lazy mode. No effort invloved. Simply purchase your gear, zerg and 1 shot solo questers. It's a [I cannot control my vocabulary] joke. Being a new player it's all I can do to get through T2 content before I quit this game. I already had 2 friends simply give up due to twink zergs. I thought the whole point of T2 twink PVP was to battle over titles. Instead all I see are twink zergs killing titleless questers then gloating. GG Sony.

Sorry, i had to respond to that other part first SMILEY

If T2 pvp is easy/lazy mode, with no effort involved.. why is it that you can barely get through it?  It's so eaaassy!!  No effort, remember?  I love when people say it's so easy and then whine.. it's just so funny.

And please pass along the names of griefers on nagafen's Q side.  You kill a green for his status and faction, but you don't grief them -- there's no reason for it, it's bad form.  So when i get the chance, i like to kick their teeth in and tea bag their unconcious (not yet dead) bodies. If they're on the FP side.. i'd like to know what guild they're in.

You need to put the ego aside and look at this from my view, someone with under a month in the game not the days you've invested. Yes T2 zone is easy but when you are killed every 5 mins it becomes annoying, drawn out, frust rating to finish one silly quest. Hell, it took me 15 mins to kill one elepha nt for a writ quest. The constant zergs getting of f the griphon would come in waves.  I don't have names of the players  I really don't care who they are, it's pretty much every Q in CL doing it. The Majority never roll alone scared of losing their titles, hence the zergs.
Xaltuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
tiredang

General
tiredang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 169
Default

Xaltuton wrote:
You need to put the ego aside and look at this from my view, someone with under a month in the game not the days you've invested. Yes T2 zone is easy but when you are killed every 5 mins it becomes annoying, drawn out, frust rating to finish one silly quest. Hell, it took me 15 mins to kill one elepha nt for a writ quest. The constant zergs getting of f the griphon would come in waves.  I don't have names of the players  I really don't care who they are, it's pretty much every Q in CL doing it. The Majority never roll alone scared of losing their titles, hence the zergs.

Have you tried saying in channel where you are and asking for help?  Usually people will come.

But one thing to get used to, if you solo on a PvP server, you are going to be ganked.  It's not just t2 --  EQ2 rewards people who gank so it happens in all tiers.  The solution is to become part of a strong group and do things WITH them.  PvP encourages grouping more than any other aspect of the game imo.

__________________

Healing butt and taking names!

Angelyc Sadist 21 Defiler/31 Weaponsmith

Stacy Sadist 17 Fury/26 Sage

Jaided Sadist the Exile 70 Warden/70 Sage





tiredang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #9
Bozidar

Loremaster
Bozidar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,292
Default

Xaltuton wrote:
You need to put the ego aside and look at this from my view, someone with under a month in the game not the days you've invested. Yes T2 zone is easy but when you are killed every 5 mins it becomes annoying, drawn out, frust rating to finish one silly quest. Hell, it took me 15 mins to kill one elepha nt for a writ quest. The constant zergs getting of f the griphon would come in waves.  I don't have names of the players  I really don't care who they are, it's pretty much every Q in CL doing it. The Majority never roll alone scared of losing their titles, hence the zergs.

I played through your point of view.  I leveled through those zones as a newb to any MMO on a PVP server.  YOU call it easy, and then YOU complain about it.  Make up your mind.

FYI -- a Zerg commonly refers to someone who dies and then rez's and comes back at you.  I know why you call groups "zergs", but that's not how the word is generally used in EQ2.

People don't roll alone because it's a group game, and the best pvp out there is group vs group.

As for someone under a month in the game.. there are a lot of tips and tricks out there on these forums.  Tons and tons of them.  Read up on them, and not just the pvp ones.  I started fresh on naggy just 2 months ago, but with help from teammates and a good knowledge of the game i'm established there now.  I know it's going to be harder for you, but learning the game as best you can, finding out the tricks and tips, and making sure you're as good as you can be before you go out -- these things will improve your game experience.

Oh, and why are you doing writs?  You want a title with the fp guild houses or something?  TS writs are much safer and easier to do for status, and pvp is the easiest SMILEY

Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM   #10
Image_Vain

Scholar
Image_Vain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a basement, a very, very, dark basement, I havent seen the sun in like, 10 years =(
Posts: 454
Default

Boo get off our game newb!!!
Image_Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #11
MadTexan3

Loremaster
MadTexan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Rotan, TX
Posts: 442
Default

Image_Vain wrote:
Boo get off our game newb!!!
How many accounts do you have, Image Vain? If you've got less than 4 then compared to you it's my game.
__________________


Beware the blades, but fear the voice...
MadTexan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #12
azekah

Loremaster
azekah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 818
Default

bah...this whole argument is useless...nobody follows rules in PvP... its a jungle out there, some people like it, some don't Griefing and ganking is fun, if you say it's not you LIE!!! Close fights are fun and stuff, but totally wasting someone is a joy to behold. Heck, I semi twinked out my lvl 11 bruiser...sat by Qeynos griff for a while. Saw this 11 ill coming toward me, so I run out to meet him. This is my first pvp fight in this character so not sure how I will do against this ill. Lol, he didn't stand a chance. I killed him with 95% hp left. So I roam around some more and find him again by the farms outside Q gates. So, I kill him again. I mean there was no one else around, so [Removed for Content]. I know the spawn is very close so I hide behind the big tree in the center of the farms. I see the ill coming back and laugh to myself inside. This time I don't even attack. I just wait there watching him. Eventually he comes running around and sees me there. I just look at him, waiting to see if he will attack, and you know what, he does! So this time, I kill his pet first, then finish him off to make the fight last a little longer. He meets a 25 fury by the revive point and I see him there, looks like hes talking with him...prob something like, HELP!...bla bla bla... So incase he's grouped with this guy, I back off and watch from afar. I see the fury running around trying to find me, but I'm too sneaky. Finally the fury leaves, but so did the ill. Hes gone and I can't find him. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I head back to the griff...oo a level 12...something. Looks like a wiz. I attack...use all my spells...uhoh, His hp is at 99% still...[I cannot control my vocabulary]!?!?! few secs later I'm dead. Its like the guy with no shoe who sees the guy with no foot, except backwards...theres always someone better twinked than you that will kick the living [I cannot control my vocabulary] outta you!
azekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #13
Kalyai

Lord
Kalyai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Day of Vengeance
Posts: 262
Default

I have toons in just about every tier.  Currently, my favorite tiers for pvp are T2 and T3.  why?  because that is where the action is.  The majority of my guild members currently seem to have T2 toons, and we are known for going head to head with Qs that con Red to us.  It's fun, its exciting, its a challenge.  Yes, we roll the random quester on the way to visit Q Gate. We go into Caves knowing full well that the Qs will call out their Yellow and Red Hook-Shotters for us, as well as some Reds that they know we will attack.

 Tier 2 PVP is FUN, and as long as its enjoyable, it will be around. To everyone that wastes their time complaining about it on these forums, I hope you realize you are just calling more attention to it...which brings more interest in it...which totally defeats your purpose.

Kalyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #14
Bjerde

Loremaster
Bjerde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 412
Default

Xaltuton wrote:
T2 PVP is easy mode and lazy mode. No effort invloved. Simply purchase your gear, zerg and 1 shot solo questers. It's a [I cannot control my vocabulary] joke. Being a new player it's all I can do to get through T2 content before I quit this game. I already had 2 friends simply give up due to twink zergs. I thought the whole point of T2 twink PVP was to battle over titles. Instead all I see are twink zergs killing titleless questers then gloating. GG Sony. I pray the game gets better and the later tier PVP becomes more skill oriented, not  about gear.
Wait until Thundering Steppes/Nek Forest where the the lvl range is 8. Or the higher tiers are 10+ lvl range. You will still get ganked, there are just more people in T2. I play solo a lot of the time questing, if you are getting ganked repeatedly, f'ing move. That is your own fault....find another quest to do, move around. BTW, yes ganking is fun....griefing is not. If I have just killed someone, I usually ignore them...I don't get fame and what's the point? I imagine some people enjoy it, but it is mindless and stupid to grief.
__________________


Everfrost.Wikkan - Battlegrounds
Bjerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #15
Eybietie

Custom Avatar
Eybietie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 799
Default

Image_Vain wrote:
Boo get off our game newb!!!
you are the nameless scrub tbh.
Eybietie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #16
Proud

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 14
Default

Back to the Subject ......

Nothing wrong with lvl locking Why would Sony allow you to turn off your exp if it wasnt ok?  The reason I like it is.

1.  Its fun to have a toon at every lvl and not have to reequip them every time you turn around.

2.  It allows you equip them better because they stay in that lvl.

3.  Some classes play better at different lvls.  (eg shadow Knights with HT)

4.  Lets you get to know your character and the competition better so you can play them better.

Goingtogetya lvl 18 Warden (locking at 20) Destroyer

Sliceanddice lvl 38 Scout (locked) Destroyer

Quasemoto lvl 49 Monk (considering locking) Slayer

Vanier lvl 55 Conjuror Destroyer

Vanier lvl 70 Conjuror PVE

Backstabber LVL 70 Guardian PVE

Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #17
D-DevilK

General
D-DevilK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Freeport, 3 integrity road.
Posts: 98
Default

@OP, You don't speak for me. Don't tell me why I lock levels. Best zones to PvP. Yeah, dock camping bell hugging and griffon's left right and center make those zones the best for PvP.
__________________
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Immigration Officer Of Freeport.
D-DevilK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #18
Echgar

Forum Moderator
Echgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,004
Default

There is already a thread discussing this subject.  Please do not start new threads.
__________________



|| Forum Rules || TRACKERS: Community || Tech || Dev ||
Echgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:01 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.