EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
Leorange

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Qeynos, Norrath
Posts: 236
Default

So I noticed some days ago that we can speak to a griffontamer while stealthed..

..and today experienced the OOE healing by out of pvp-range freeps of my precious targets*? SMILEY Again!?

I thought this was all disabled.

Pls tell me: since when & why did they reintroduce these nifty 'abilities'? I must've missed the point.

* ps: Did kill the doublehealed scum druid in the end SMILEY It took too long though imo.  

__________________
Leorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
CresentBlade

Guardian
CresentBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 756
Default

I encountered out of combat healing last night myself, thought it was just a fluke. But then again maybe not.
CresentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
silentpsycho

Loremaster
silentpsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 636
Default

CresentBlade wrote:
I encountered out of combat healing last night myself, thought it was just a fluke. But then again maybe not.
"out of combat" healing, as you call it, only works when the person being healed has not actually engaged in PVP combat.  And no, being hit by a gank squad does not constitute engaging in PVP combat.
__________________
Fyste, 74 Bruiser | Dyre, 72 Assasin | Locus 73 Defiler | Keanu 70 Fury | etc. {Nagafen}

Bruisers... steadily taking up the rear end since LU24 --- say NO to FD NERF 2007
silentpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:34 AM   #4
CresentBlade

Guardian
CresentBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 756
Default

silentpsycho wrote:
CresentBlade wrote:
I encountered out of combat healing last night myself, thought it was just a fluke. But then again maybe not.
"out of combat" healing, as you call it, only works when the person being healed has not actually engaged in PVP combat.  And no, being hit by a gank squad does not constitute engaging in PVP combat.
The healer I attacked healed self without being put into combat and kept the mana and health regen of not being in combat. That is what I mean in case I didnt explain it right.
CresentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
Piccolo
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Campaign of Light
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
Piccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 287
Default

[email protected] wrote:

So I noticed some days ago that we can speak to a griffontamer while stealthed..

..and today experienced the OOE healing by out of pvp-range freeps of my precious targets*? SMILEY Again!?

I thought this was all disabled.

Pls tell me: since when & why did they reintroduce these nifty 'abilities'? I must've missed the point.

* ps: Did kill the doublehealed scum druid in the end SMILEY It took too long though imo.  

from what i have seen, the only way a player from the opposite faction can heal someone you are engaged in pvp with is if You or Your target is within thier level range.

for instance, you are lvl 13 and your target is lvl 17. the healer that is healing your target has to be within your targets lvl range meaning healer must be 18-21. (if in a 4 lvl range zone.)

Piccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
Bozidar

Loremaster
Bozidar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,292
Default

[email protected] wrote:

So I noticed some days ago that we can speak to a griffontamer while stealthed..

lvl 17 says hello SMILEY 

Griffon Tamers are a "virtual" lvl 25 NPC.  They can see you until you're lvl 17, just like lvl 25 guards can.

Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #7
Leorange

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Qeynos, Norrath
Posts: 236
Default

Bozidar wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

So I noticed some days ago that we can speak to a griffontamer while stealthed..

lvl 17 says hello SMILEY 

Griffon Tamers are a "virtual" lvl 25 NPC.  They can see you until you're lvl 17, just like lvl 25 guards can.

Smart!

I didn't think of that. Well, I did, but my lvl 12 ranger brother didn't SMILEY  /rp

 Also, Roachonine is probably right.. it was the same 12 Ranger, against a 16 Defiler and a 18 Warden Freep in a 4-ranged zone.

This explained it all. Thanks!

*hug*

Vivi Anne

__________________
Leorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.