EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Netzoko

Loremaster
Netzoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nagafen
Posts: 142
Default

Wow, where is the balance?
Netzoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
Fonrian

Loremaster
Fonrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: US and A!
Posts: 57
Default

At lvl 20, that's about the only benefit of being an SK.  That's the balance.
__________________
Fonrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
Norrsken

Loremaster
Norrsken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,450
Default

Netzoko wrote:
Wow, where is the balance?
When you get decent resists it hits for 400? And add to that Assassins blade that hits for 1200 or something like that. At 24. Or the warlocks nuke, whatever that is called, also 1k+. And Strike of thunder, 800ish. Every 30 seconds. Balance ought to be somewhere there.
__________________




Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
Skeptycal

Loremaster
Skeptycal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 125
Default

Come on ... really .... SK's get a skill that hits hard once in a while .. get over it ... it's a class defining skill. Plenty of classes can out dps, out tank, out heal, out everything SKs. You cant seriously think there is some balance issue there.
__________________
Nada Dam'Ting - 7x Guardian


Quest - 80 Necro


Voices Within -- Venekor
Skeptycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
MokiCh

General
MokiCh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 481
Default

Apparently they can, and they do
__________________
Pocketlint - Coercer.

Emai - Ranger.

Nagafen.
MokiCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
Oidan

Loremaster
Oidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 271
Default

The only thing that should be changed for Harm Touch is to make it an actual "Touch". There should be no range on the spell. You should have to be in melee range to use it.
__________________

Taryn 80 Warlock
Tarin 64 Dirge
Entrepid 37 Defiler
Thaylin 61 Fury
Oidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:41 AM   #7
Pumancat

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 223
Default

[email protected] wrote:
The only thing that should be changed for Harm Touch is to make it an actual "Touch". There should be no range on the spell. You should have to be in melee range to use it.

 Why? When a swashy can melee from up to 20m away? If HT is supposed be an actual physical touch, then shouldn't melee be actual in your face physical crossing swords?

Nyarlath - 70 wizard

Venekor server

Pumancat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:22 AM   #8
ZaiTh

Loremaster
ZaiTh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7
Default

Pumancat wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
The only thing that should be changed for Harm Touch is to make it an actual "Touch". There should be no range on the spell. You should have to be in melee range to use it.

 Why? When a swashy can melee from up to 20m away? If HT is supposed be an actual physical touch, then shouldn't melee be actual in your face physical crossing swords?

Nyarlath - 70 wizard

Venekor server

Oh Sk's get reach? No they don't. Swashy's have to spec that to get it.
ZaiTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:34 AM   #9
CresentBlade

Guardian
CresentBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 756
Default

Netzoko wrote:
Wow, where is the balance?
You should see what it hits for after you have been debuffedSMILEY
CresentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:27 AM   #10
Elephanton

General
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 985
Default

I'd say 860 is really bad HT.

I recently posted a screenshot on SK forums, where my HT landed for 1906 in PVP (also level 20). Lucky crit.

Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:31 AM   #11
Norrsken

Loremaster
Norrsken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,450
Default

ZaiTh wrote:
Pumancat wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
The only thing that should be changed for Harm Touch is to make it an actual "Touch". There should be no range on the spell. You should have to be in melee range to use it.

 Why? When a swashy can melee from up to 20m away? If HT is supposed be an actual physical touch, then shouldn't melee be actual in your face physical crossing swords?

Nyarlath - 70 wizard

Venekor server

Oh Sk's get reach? No they don't. Swashy's have to spec that to get it.
On the other hand, reach works for EVERY melee ability they have. SKs range are spells, and they have to be immobile to use them. all except HT, which is instant. So, ONE on the move ranged, vs, how many? 20? Yeah, you better [Removed for Content] well have to pay for the power of the swashys reach.
__________________




Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #12
ZaiTh

Loremaster
ZaiTh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7
Default

[email protected] wrote:
ZaiTh wrote:
Pumancat wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
The only thing that should be changed for Harm Touch is to make it an actual "Touch". There should be no range on the spell. You should have to be in melee range to use it.

 Why? When a swashy can melee from up to 20m away? If HT is supposed be an actual physical touch, then shouldn't melee be actual in your face physical crossing swords?

Nyarlath - 70 wizard

Venekor server

Oh Sk's get reach? No they don't. Swashy's have to spec that to get it.
On the other hand, reach works for EVERY melee ability they have. SKs range are spells, and they have to be immobile to use them. all except HT, which is instant. So, ONE on the move ranged, vs, how many? 20? Yeah, you better [I cannot control my vocabulary] well have to pay for the power of the swashys reach.

They have to spend points to get reach, SK's dont have to spend points on HT. Why not change the name to Harm throw or Harm Cast? Because it sounds [Removed for Content]. It should be a touch within melee range. Make it like Reach, through AA's.

Btw I also have a T7 SK.

ZaiTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #13
Greeen-_-Ranger

Loremaster
Greeen-_-Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nagafen
Posts: 296
Default

After seeing my buddy's pink sk pvp armor (Luxun), I think the tier 7 version should be called 'the pink caress'.  Post your thoughts and lets /petition to get that FIXED NOW!
Greeen-_-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:07 AM   #14
Norrsken

Loremaster
Norrsken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,450
Default

ZaiTh wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
ZaiTh wrote:
Pumancat wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
The only thing that should be changed for Harm Touch is to make it an actual "Touch". There should be no range on the spell. You should have to be in melee range to use it.

 Why? When a swashy can melee from up to 20m away? If HT is supposed be an actual physical touch, then shouldn't melee be actual in your face physical crossing swords?

Nyarlath - 70 wizard

Venekor server

Oh Sk's get reach? No they don't. Swashy's have to spec that to get it.
On the other hand, reach works for EVERY melee ability they have. SKs range are spells, and they have to be immobile to use them. all except HT, which is instant. So, ONE on the move ranged, vs, how many? 20? Yeah, you better [I cannot control my vocabulary] well have to pay for the power of the swashys reach.

They have to spend points to get reach, SK's dont have to spend points on HT. Why not change the name to Harm throw or Harm Cast? Because it sounds [I cannot control my vocabulary]. It should be a touch within melee range. Make it like Reach, through AA's.

Btw I also have a T7 SK.

you completely missed my pont didnt you? Sure, make us spend like 5 aas to get 30 meters on all our CAs, and make our spells castable ont he run and we will be on par with the swashies. Now, we have 1, one, skill out of all of ours that is ranged and usable on the run. We shouldnt have to pay for that. Not when getting all your [I cannot control my vocabulary] 25m costs a few aas. I guarantee you that most sks would gladly give in the range of HT for the ability to put AAs into makings pells castable on the run. Every [Removed for Content] SK wants just that.
__________________




Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #15
Ozgood
Server: Vox
Guild: Paradox
Rank: Alternates

Loremaster
Ozgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 161
Default

I have came to the conclusion that any class that does well in PvP that is a Freeport class, will have a bazillion posts about their OP'ness until they get nerfed.

Brigs are constantly nerfed and yet still have a bazillion posts about them being OP'ed.

SKs and their unstopbbale PT/HT and the bazillion threads about them

Bruisers and their "drag ability".

I mean seriously, look at the posts and count how many posts you see about how overpowered every class in FP is!

When, in actuality, Swashies are easily Kings of the Jungle right now.  Rangers are as deadly as ever and are very difficult to kill with all their speed abilities.

Maybe if some people played more than they posted about other's being OP'ed, we could solve the biggest issue, which is that Freeps out number Qs by a lot (at least on my server and I have heard others as well).  You play a solo class and want to solo, thats your $15.  But don't complain when a SK can HT you, assasin can decap you or a Fury can EV you or a Bruiser drags you, BEFORE YOU CAN RUN AWAY!  Being in a group can help your chances of survival ten fold.  But again, play the way you want to, just don't expect to win every solo encounter.

Back to the topic at hand:

Swashies have to invest 5 points to get reach?  With their melee abilities?  And every post on here is about how Harm Touch should be a touch?

To recap:

SK are an offtank type class.  But yet have to inxvest strongly in INT to do decent damage with spells, including HT/PT.  Then they need to invest in spell crits through AAs and then finally go through a whole tree to get reaver.  AND CAN STILL BE RESISTED OR HAVE A DRAMATICALLY REDUCED EFFECT.

Get the funk out of here with this garbage.

__________________
Ozgood Slaughters-SK

Rhoellan Alts-Coercer

Jett Black-Dirge

Jiraiya Ero'Senin-Defiler

Blackrain Silvermoon-Warlock

Vox server

Proud member of Paradox
Ozgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #16
Tatate

Lord
Tatate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 282
Default

Oh stop whining, if you think HT/PT is the only thing that enables a SK to win, get on your FP toon and /tell Zatia I will gladly get on my 27 SK and duel you if you are in my level range. NO HT.

(Venekor)

Tatate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #17
Geynos
Server: Venekor
Guild: University of
Rank: Almighty Leader

Champion
Geynos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25
Default

860 is usually a decently mitigated HT to be honest.

For the above poster's information saying disease resist will bring it down to 400. My 1000+ resist warden usually gets hit somewhere in the 800s by HT...

 To the OP:

Try to get more HP SMILEY

Geynos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #18
Ekelefer

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 116
Default

Pestilent is an Adjective that means "something that is destructive to life"

Touch as a VERB means to touch, as with the finger or hand.(well this is the most common useage of the verb anyway) 

Touch as a NOUN can mean a slight attack, such as  from illness or DISEASE. Given the SK deals disease dmg, and the ability is not a physical touch in-game, it is rather easy to determine what SOE impleid by Pestilent Touch, which is A touch of pestilence (which is a pernicious, evil influence or agent). Pernicious can mean deadly or fatal. A touch of something that is deadly or fatal would be, well, devastating to anyone.

Some people need to learn how to discern the actual meaning of a word based on its usage (in this case the actual effect of PT in-game)

Ekelefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:33 AM   #19
Image_Vain

Scholar
Image_Vain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a basement, a very, very, dark basement, I havent seen the sun in like, 10 years =(
Posts: 454
Default

How many of these 'ZOMG st0pz teh Harm'z touchies" threads are we going to have?
Image_Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #20
Norrsken

Loremaster
Norrsken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,450
Default

Image_Vain wrote:
How many of these 'ZOMG st0pz teh Harm'z touchies" threads are we going to have?
2? but we get a new one when one dies, so it stays at 2. And its the same old, tired hog wash as it was a fwe months back. There are a lot of players that have learned to fight sks, with and without HT. I wonder how THEY do it? Maybe everyone that cant should try and ask them.
__________________




Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:53 PM   #21
Malice83

Loremaster
Malice83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 64
Default

[email protected] wrote:
The only thing that should be changed for Harm Touch is to make it an actual "Touch". There should be no range on the spell. You should have to be in melee range to use it.
I can't help but laugh every time I see this line of thinking in regard to Harm Touch. Is it such a far stretch to imagine that you are touched by harm rather than have the Shadowknight touch you? I mean, we all know SK's are a bit freaky, but most of the bathe once in a while... so being touched by one shouldn't be that painful. Now on the other hand a master of dark spells should be able to conjure up some harm incarnate that touches his foe where it hurts. The general kind of thinking implies more of a kinky view on it, or even worse but I won't go in to that.
Malice83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:53 AM   #22
Shinnar

Loremaster
Shinnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 80
Default

[email protected] wrote:
Netzoko wrote:
Wow, where is the balance?
When you get decent resists it hits for 400? And add to that Assassins blade that hits for 1200 or something like that. At 24. Or the warlocks nuke, whatever that is called, also 1k+. And Strike of thunder, 800ish. Every 30 seconds. Balance ought to be somewhere there.

Lol in PVP Assassins blade deals something like 200 - 300 dmg to a normal equiped player....

Sorcerers and Fury with proper AAs can do more than 1k... Lol i was hit once for 1,2 k  with SOThunder - Vortex is Vortex SMILEY

__________________
Sirhen, Venekor
Shinnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #23
Norrsken

Loremaster
Norrsken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,450
Default

Shinnar wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Netzoko wrote:
Wow, where is the balance?
When you get decent resists it hits for 400? And add to that Assassins blade that hits for 1200 or something like that. At 24. Or the warlocks nuke, whatever that is called, also 1k+. And Strike of thunder, 800ish. Every 30 seconds. Balance ought to be somewhere there.

Lol in PVP Assassins blade deals something like 200 - 300 dmg to a normal equiped player....

Sorcerers and Fury with proper AAs can do more than 1k... Lol i was hit once for 1,2 k  with SOThunder - Vortex is Vortex SMILEY

tell that to the clothies I oneshotted when my assassin were 24. SMILEY
__________________




Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.