EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
EatThisShoe

Loremaster

Well I recently decided to jump servers from Vox to Nagafen. I've already played a lot of classes, and the summoner classes are some of the few I haven't tried. I don't hear that much mention of these classes on the boards, so I don't know if they are regarded as weak, or just not overpowered. I would appreciate any input I could get on summoners in pvp. How are they are low levels T2-T3, mid T4-5, and high T6-T7. Looking at the two classes they both seem to have some cool abilities, necromancers have snares, roots and lifetaps, while conjurors seem to have more stuns and stifles. Is one class significantly more effective than the other? Is one class better against scouts? Healers?
EatThisShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #2
azekah

Loremaster

I have a 27 necro in pvp, and a 50 in a pve server. I recently got into pvp and when I did I went with the necro for a few reasons that turned out to be very helpful in pvp... 1. A pet who can attack when I can't This is especially helpful in going against scouts... When they come up and try to get me from behind I just start running around in circles. Unless they root me they are unable to attack while my pet fires away. It is also very helpful when ppl try to run away. My pet is much better at following and throwing out attacks as soon as their available. I can't count how many times my pet has finished off retreaters. Also, when pvping, I always keep my mage pet out in dps mode as most people don't go after my pet first... 2. Heals I can heal my pet (I think better than conj, I played conj up to level 45 then betrayed to my necro) I can heal group members (not sure when I get that spell, don't have it yet) I get another heal for myself or a group member with AA wiz line. Same line gives me a spell that makes my pet take damage to power rather than hp, making it invincible until it runs out of power. 3. DPS Necros are destructive. Good single target and encounter/aoe damage. So far I'm enjoying my necro in pvp. I have won about 50% of my 1vs1 fights...still learning in this new pvp environment... Every class has it's strengths and weakness, but overall, I wouldn't call the necro a "weak" class. I would go with the necro over the conj for the heals alone. But around 50 you also get a FD and a group rez. Conj does get some more dps but I think the utility of the necro class far out ways it.
azekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
jam3

General

after looking at some parses with some 2x vs 2x fights and such my conjuror is almost always near the top in terms of parsing but he does have ALOT of disruption when claymore procs. summoers are great but not so much solo aside from a set up type 1v1
jam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
Kokapeli

Loremaster

Conjurer's suck at solo pvp, we're pretty good in group pvp. This is all in reference to T7 pvp though. A Conjurer has zero burst dps so we're kinda useless
Kokapeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
dnice74

Loremaster

Kokapeli wrote:
Conjurer's suck at solo pvp, we're pretty good in group pvp. This is all in reference to T7 pvp though. A Conjurer has zero burst dps so we're kinda useless
Ignore this foolish answer.
dnice74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #6
Skeptycal

Loremaster

Necro's are great up until lvl 50 or so in pvp. Once brawlers get to ignore your roots/snares/etc and scouts can kill you in one maybe two hits, the ability to solo pvp is minimal. You have few heals that are small, no wards or anything like wizards get, pets that hardly ever taunt, and slow steady damage. Against healers, plate tanks, and other mages you have a good shot, but how often do you run into solo healers, plate tanks, or other mages =) Against solo brawlers or scouts, it's ridiculous. But... if you plan on just PVPing at lower levels (under T5) and want to be able to solo PVE well also, summoners are fun.

Quest - 80 Necro

Voices Within -- Venekor
Skeptycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #7
Broe

General

well to answer the title of your post. All clothies get molested in pvp.
Broe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:19 AM   #8
sprogn

General

Kokapeli wrote:

L2P.

Frigid winds is the best single target snare in the game.  Get that off and the fight is yours.  Don't bother with swarm pets unless it's a healer.

Yes we get shredded by Scouts and shadowknights with their crit/lifetap line and occasionally furies with vortex, but anyone else isn't a problem as long as we see them coming.  If we get the jump on a scout (like that's gonna happen...) it's usually a fast fight.