EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Expansions and Adventure Packs
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
Besual

Loremaster

As it looks the Sarnaks and their town will be neutral. So far so good. But what does this mean to the available classes for them? Can they only play the "neutral" class: guadian / bersi, fury / warden, drige / truba and wizard / warlock? Or do they have to "betray" to Qeynos / Freeport during the early levels? Or can the choose every class?
Brigant 90 / Alchemist 90
Coercer 90 / Sage 90
Besual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
kreepr

General

Thats a really good question.. Hummmm???
kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
lilmohi

Loremaster

I was wondering the same thing.  I thought the neutral classes are actually just Berserker, Fury, Dirg, and Wizard, the other sub-classes you listed are good or evil only.  If that is the case i can't help but think it would be too restrictive, and they will instead opt for allowing all classes to start there.  It would actually be very nice to be able to pick any class you want and still be able to group with your friend who may or may not like the alignment you chose.  I could see a lot of guilds who have split populations of good and evil moving there so they could set up guild halls available to everyone (i'm still hoping for guild halls).  Would also like to know if citezens of this city would be able to access the evil shared bank, the good shared bank or both?

lilmohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #4
Galithdor

Loremaster

Yep good question lol maybe we will find out in a month or 2 SMILEY Im guessing they can be any class but then again how would it work out since they only start in one town heh.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Cusashorn

Loremaster

well, they did say that cities in the future wont be restricted to purely good or evil class make-ups.
Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #6
Galithdor

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:
well, they did say that cities in the future wont be restricted to purely good or evil class make-ups.
Oh yeah they did didnt they...also i have a feeling the sarnak want to combine forces with the neutral races to help them defeat the evil iksar SMILEY Just a thought though lol
Old 05-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #7
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Indeed. I see a huge boost in the Leather Boots industry in the near future.
Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #8
Galithdor

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:
Indeed. I see a huge boost in the Leather Boots industry in the near future.

Lol...SCALED leather boots SMILEY 

I plan on making a sarnak but i will never stop cracking jokes about iksar/sarnak lol

Old 05-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #9
Bloodfa
Server: Nagafen

General

A mixed town?  One side unable to speak to the other, or would they change the language/barrier thing?  Neutral able to speak to both?  Either way, Haven might get some competition.

Bloodfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
Slayer505

Loremaster

lilmohi wrote:

I was wondering the same thing.  I thought the neutral classes are actually just Berserker, Fury, Dirg, and Wizard, the other sub-classes you listed are good or evil only.  If that is the case i can't help but think it would be too restrictive, and they will instead opt for allowing all classes to start there.  It would actually be very nice to be able to pick any class you want and still be able to group with your friend who may or may not like the alignment you chose.  I could see a lot of guilds who have split populations of good and evil moving there so they could set up guild halls available to everyone (i'm still hoping for guild halls).  Would also like to know if citezens of this city would be able to access the evil shared bank, the good shared bank or both?

Nah the neutral classes Warrior (Guard/Zerk), Sorcerer (Warlock/Wizard), Bard (Troub/Dirge) and Druid (Fury/Warden). It'll be interesting to see how they implement this.  It kinda begs the question of how Kunark will work on PvP servers.  I don't play on PvP but maybe being from Kunark will be like being Exile in that you can be any class?  Would people from Kunark be open PvP then or their own faction?  Oviously this would make Kunark a good place for PvPers that want to raid and take advantage of all the classes. The other thing I love is that this expansion will have us raiding dragons again!  I love EoF, but fighting vampires isn't the same as fighting dragons.  To me a raid boss needs to be a big nasty critter that you could imagine it taking 24 people to take down.  Well, with the exception of Woushi of course, but my guild hasn't started taking pulls on Woushi just yet, but we've smacked down Mayong several times now.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #11
Galithdor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
A mixed town?  One side unable to speak to the other, or would they change the language/barrier thing?  Neutral able to speak to both?  Either way, Haven might get some competition.

Oh yeah how will that work for pvp? lol maybe a whole new side will be made? Or they count as exile? heh who knows

Old 05-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #12
Thunderfu

General

[email protected] wrote:
Well, can't people from different sides speak to each other in guild chat? So, I think they're gonna do basically the same thing here, just make it so they can chat. It wouldn't break the game, and only in one city? It'd be nice.
Thunderfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #13
Thunderfu

General

Hang on, I just realized something. Wasn't Maj'Dul a neutral city?
Thunderfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #14
ke'la

Loremaster

Galithdor wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

Oh yeah how will that work for pvp? lol maybe a whole new side will be made? Or they count as exile? heh who knows

How about a Merc faction(kinda like SWG) that can "declare" for one side or the other in the the "Big fight" but is friendly to other Mercs. And as Mercs can change thier Declared Faction(at some cost... say a Plat and with a Delay...say 2 weeks) more or less at will.

ke'la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:15 PM   #15
ke'la

Loremaster

Thunderfury wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Well, can't people from different sides speak to each other in guild chat? So, I think they're gonna do basically the same thing here, just make it so they can chat. It wouldn't break the game, and only in one city? It'd be nice.

Bloodfang was refuring to pvp(as he is from Nagafen that would make sence). On a PvP server if you are good you can only speak and talk to good people,  and the same is true of evil. If this town is truely Neutral either it would have to be a true 3rd faction(technicaly Exile is a transitioin between factions not a Faction itself) or the Exile Faction would have to be expanded into a Full 3rd faction.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #16
ke'la

Loremaster

Thunderfury wrote:
Hang on, I just realized something. Wasn't Maj'Dul a neutral city?
Yes Maj'Dul is Technically a Neutral city but a) not very many people if anyone accually lives thier, and b) its not a starting city wich makes a big differance. Its more like people being able to move into Thundermyst Village.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #17
Thakar

Loremaster

I'm wondering what it means for betraying to the Sarnak city...Do Freeportians/Neriak or Qeynos/Kelethin people switch alignments, change their class, and lose all Master abilities?  or is it like going from Qeynos to Kelethin or Freeport to Neriak, where you keep everything.
Thakar is offline   Reply With Quote