EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
willnotuse

Loremaster

I want to say thank you for including this as at times it is annoying to try to double click some of the NPCs in the game. 
willnotuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
Cusashorn

Loremaster

What? This feature has been in the game since the very start. Hailing NPCs just by clicking on them once.
Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
willnotuse

Loremaster

Not on mine it's not.  At least not by default.  And I've done clean installs recently.  Especially for test server.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
Cusashorn

Loremaster

well, it's been in the options for aeons.
Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:37 AM   #5
willnotuse

Loremaster

But that's not what I'm referring to.  The idea is to make the game simpler for new players from the start.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
TheSpin

Loremaster

Personally I don't really like it when I click on something and everything happens at once.  Single click on a merchant who gives a quest and I get both windows, if I click on any guard I get the annoying npc find window that ends up looking like wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww because I was really just trying to orient myself with my surroundings.

I liked the way it was set up before, I had my middle mouse button set to 'trigger default action' and my left click was used to target things and turn the camera.

TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
Aeldritch

Loremaster

Not a fan of 1-click hail, actually. I keyboard a lot, and prefer to tab to the target and just hit 'H' (or is it 'F' ?). So a question... Back in SWG, you could use the 'tick' key (defaults to autoattack in EQ2) to get the radial menu, then use numbers to select the menu option. I really liked this. Just using the 'default action' gets me pretty far along, but there are times when it's just not enough. I suppose there may be UI mods out there that offer something similar for EQ2, but with rare exception, I find the built-in UI to be just fine. Is there an equivalent to that? It's always a drag to have to maul the mouse to get the right-click menu when a couple quick keystrokes would be so much easier. SMILEY