EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Expansions and Adventure Packs
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Bozidar

Loremaster

now that is a sneaky way to peek ahead SMILEY
Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
Trapfinder_Bracegird

General

Ooops. I should have spelled it "Sarnaks". Anyways, it would be cool if a dev would stop by with a hint about what we could possibly expect to see with that expansion. SMILEY
Trapfinder_Bracegird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #4
interstellarmatter

Loremaster

Yea, this link has been passed around the boards for some time now.  They will probably get all their ducks in a row before commenting on the next expansion.  It's one thing to know the theme and another to know the details.  I suspect that we should hear something before May *crosses fingers*
Old 03-20-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
Misiakpisiak

Loremaster

I know Kunark is home to the Iksar, but that's about it. So like, what happened to it that 'ruined' it and will allow it to 'rise' again?
Misiakpisiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
Deadrus

Loremaster

Kunark was ravaged by war in the time before EQ1. The iksar were first inslaved by the Shissar (snake men) then Cazic Thule used the green mist to save the Iksar. (the Green mist killed the Shissar) The iksars created the Sarnak by useing magic crossing Iksar and Dragons. The Sarnak were the slaves of the iksar untill they revolted and the Iksar were at war with some dragons and much of the remains of this ware can be found in the field of bone right out side of the city of Cablis (the iksar's city). Much of Cablis was damaged in this war with the dragons. That a very brief history of Kunark. I may have goten the order wrong but thats more or less what happend. And i thought i read some where before EQ2 came out that suposedly many of the dragons from Velios fled to kunark because it was melting.
Deadrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Deadrus wrote:
Kunark was ravaged by war in the time before EQ1. The iksar were first inslaved by the Shissar (snake men) then Cazic Thule used the green [ich kann mich gerade nicht beherrschen] to save the Iksar. (the Green [ich kann mich gerade nicht beherrschen] killed the Shissar) The iksars created the Sarnak by useing magic crossing Iksar and Dragons. The Sarnak were the slaves of the iksar untill they revolted and the Iksar were at war with some dragons and much of the remains of this ware can be found in the field of bone right out side of the city of Cablis (the iksar's city). Much of Cablis was damaged in this war with the dragons. That a very brief history of Kunark. I may have goten the order wrong but thats more or less what happend. And i thought i read some where before EQ2 came out that suposedly many of the dragons from Velios fled to kunark because it was melting.

Greenmist. I dont know whats up with the German there.

That's pretty much what happened.

However, there are other rumors for Kunark in EQ2:

1. It took the most damage from the Shattering in particular. (if this is true, expect to see some huge chunks of Luclin laying around.)

2. The Emerald Jungle, Trakanon's Teeth, and Warsilik Woods have all caught on fire, making 60% of Kunark now Burning Woods.

3. The Rending has opened up the Lake of Ill omen into the sea, engulfing the city of Cabilis in the process.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
Trapfinder_Bracegird

General

I wonder if this will open up possibilities for zones that are completely submerged in water. Why werent there zones like these in the current EQ2? 
Old 03-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #9
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Z-axis exploitation, poor visibility underwater.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #10
Trapfinder_Bracegird

General

Cusashorn wrote:
What about a castle submerged underwater? A spell to make underwater visiblity clearer? This is quite possible. SMILEY
Old 03-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #11
initoci

General

kind of like Iksars fish vision that does nothing for us?
initoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #12
kellan123

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

Der_Mist is a mild German word meaning "dung," "manure," or "rubbish/nonsense." However, when used in some compound words (der Mistkerl, das Miststück), it is no longer fit for polite society! German Glossary of Words to Avoid - M

"What man is a man who does not make the world better?"

-Balian of Ibelin
kellan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:09 PM   #13
DobyMT

Loremaster

Trapfinder_Bracegirdle wrote:
I wonder if this will open up possibilities for zones that are completely submerged in water. Why werent there zones like these in the current EQ2? 
If I'm not mistaken this goes into the category with Levitation.  Just don't expect to get to see it.
DobyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #14
Illmarr

Loremaster

SMILEY Because fighting underwater has always been more trouble than it's worth. As in it sucked. Go fight Corinav in Plane of Water in EQ and tell me differently.
Illmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #15
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:
What about a castle submerged underwater? A spell to make underwater visiblity clearer? This is quite possible. SMILEY
It's a technical issue with the physics and design of the game, not something that a spell can just easily fix.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #16
Cusashorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Cusashorn wrote:

Der_Mist is a mild German word meaning "dung," "manure," or "rubbish/nonsense." However, when used in some compound words (der Mistkerl, das Miststück), it is no longer fit for polite society! German Glossary of Words to Avoid - M

Ahh. I get it.

[ich kann mich gerade nicht beherrschen] is the same as [I cannot control my vocabulary]

Old 03-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #17
Deadrus

Loremaster

Cusashorn 03/20/2007 10:36:37     Subject: Re:EverQuest II: Rise of Kunark
Deadrus wrote:
Kunark was ravaged by war in the time before EQ1. The iksar were first inslaved by the Shissar (snake men) then Cazic Thule used the green [ich kann mich gerade nicht beherrschen] to save the Iksar. (the Green [ich kann mich gerade nicht beherrschen] killed the Shissar) The iksars created the Sarnak by useing magic crossing Iksar and Dragons. The Sarnak were the slaves of the iksar untill they revolted and the Iksar were at war with some dragons and much of the remains of this ware can be found in the field of bone right out side of the city of Cablis (the iksar's city). Much of Cablis was damaged in this war with the dragons. That a very brief history of Kunark. I may have goten the order wrong but thats more or less what happend. And i thought i read some where before EQ2 came out that suposedly many of the dragons from Velios fled to kunark because it was melting.

That's pretty much what happened.

However, there are other rumors for Kunark in EQ2:

1. It took the most damage from the Shattering in particular. (if this is true, expect to see some huge chunks of Luclin laying around.)

2. The Emerald Jungle, Trakanon's Teeth, and Warsilik Woods have all caught on fire, making 60% of Kunark now Burning Woods.

3. The Rending has opened up the Lake of Ill omen into the sea, engulfing the city of Cabilis in the process.

LOL i dont konw whathappend with the german but when i said M i s t. It must be like a german like slang for pee or [Removed for Content]. and that german there is equivalant to {i can not control my language} we get on our boards

Old 03-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #18
DobyMT

Loremaster

OK, so they are moderating so hard now that someone posting from a german area types mist and it gets censored? LOL
DobyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #19
Misiakpisiak

Loremaster

Heh, that is pretty funny. Well, thanks for the info guys. Sounds like trips to Kunark are going to drive Norrathian sun cream sales up. As for the underwater vision, my Froglok has that, and it's great. Works a treat. Underwater combat in EQ2 hasn't been so bad so far. As a natural water breather, my Frog has no truoble diving for quest items (creature catalouging etc) or fighting crabs/dead pirates/the Little Mermaid etc. SMILEY

Misiakpisiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:15 PM   #20
Rashaak

Loremaster

I suspect that Cabilis will be there...maybe underwater, but possibly in some type of 'air pocket' or lost underwater cavern much like on the Isle of Mara and the underwater temple there.

It's my understanding that the Shissar were cursed like the Giants were and lost their intellect? I could be wrong of course...but if I'm right, then with the removal of influence of the Gods...the Shissar could of regained their mental stability.

However...I still say that a new playable race will be released in a live event before Summer, and I do remember a Dev stating that the playable race will be something we have already seen in EQ2.

I'm sure Fan Faire will also uncover more info regarding this expansion...

Rashaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #21
Cusashorn

Loremaster

The Shissar didn't suffer the Curse of the Rathe like the Giants, Goblins, Ogres, and Orcs.

The Shissar were so blasphemous against Cazic Thule and his creations, the Iksar, that thier punishment was complete annihilation and extinction from the Greenmist. They fled to Luclin and erected an artificially created vacuum in a remote corner of the moon to prevent any airborn plagues from ever entering thier territory ever again. That event scared the freakin' heck out of them, so I dont expect to see them return. Especially now with Luclin destroyed, but who knows?

Old 03-20-2007, 10:19 PM   #22
Josgar

Loremaster

Maybe they landed on kunark in a vaccum sealed meteor and took over again SMILEY
Josgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:04 AM   #23
Eugam

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:
Cusashorn wrote:
It's a technical issue with the physics and design of the game, not something that a spell can just easily fix.
/waypoint already knows if target is above or below me. Thats quite new ingame. DEVS work on the Z-axixs. So everything is possible in the future
Eugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #24
Beldin_

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Cusashorn wrote:

Ahh. I get it.

[ich kann mich gerade nicht beherrschen] is the same as [I cannot control my vocabulary]

Lol .. so finally the also introduced the "denglish" into the forums SMILEY

But i think correctly it must be Der(sx!=n;4711/(get))kerl SMILEY

Old 03-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #25
Daarom

Loremaster

Hmmm the T8 food seems to be Level 75 instead of 80 ... maybe level cap will raise to 75?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #26
Zagats

Loremaster

Things I really do NOT want to see have happened to Kunark :

-60% of it being burning woods.  Burning woods was a crappy zone in EQ1...IMO.

-Cabilis underwater.  Dont wanna see that at all.  Cabilis should have been rebuilt and in grandeur by now!  It was far enough from the Lake of Ill Omen that it shouldnt have been affected too much.

-Playable sarnak race.  No new playable race please, until you get every other race their racial traits!!!  Besides that, Sarnak and Iksar are enemies, but we'd see them coexisting in Freeport /boggle.  Theyd rather kill each other!

Things I REALLY want to see:

Greenmist as a HQ, and a REALLY nice 1h'er, that even rogues can use with great effect! (Should be Berserker, Guardian, Shadowknight, Brigand useable...and evil alignment useable only!  No lighty should be using this sword!)

No random drop page quests that result in HQ starters. (*cough Cloak of Flames*)

A new colorful armor like the type Iksar wore in EQ1!

Weapon quest series like the Khukri line for Iksar SK and the Cudgel for Iksar Shaman...but have one for every class (not subclass).

Swifttail Caste listed as "Bruiser" not "Monk". OR an ability for any Iksar bruiser to become an evil monk.

Sabertooth Tiger mounts!

aka

80 Brig - Brekon/ 80 Jeweler/ Master Tink/ 198 AA Retired!!!

80 Coercer - Freeqq/ Master Tink/ 168 AA

80 Guard - Zomg/ Master Muter/ 192 AA

80 Zerk - Zomg (R.I.P)

80 Zerk - Barn/ 80 Provi/ 162 AA

80 Dirge - Micetro/ 165AA

80 Swash - Erno/ 141 AA

80 Templar - Shortey/ 75 Alchy/ 151 AA

80 Inquis - Ubet (R.I.P)

80 Templar - Ubet (R.I.P)

80 Wiz - Brnd/ 145AA

72Conjy - Zzzz

71 Assasin - Scoole

70 Swash - Bladeflash

... I play too much.
Zagats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:12 PM   #27
Leatherneck

Loremaster

I hope that list doesn't mean much to you Zagats.  I suspect you're going to be sorely disappointed on many of those items.
Leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:15 PM   #28
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Zagats wrote:

Things I really do NOT want to see have happened to Kunark :

-60% of it being burning woods.  Burning woods was a crappy zone in EQ1...IMO.

-Cabilis underwater.  Dont wanna see that at all.  Cabilis should have been rebuilt and in grandeur by now!  It was far enough from the Lake of Ill Omen that it shouldnt have been affected too much.

-Playable sarnak race.  No new playable race please, until you get every other race their racial traits!!!  Besides that, Sarnak and Iksar are enemies, but we'd see them coexisting in Freeport /boggle.  Theyd rather kill each other!

Things I REALLY want to see:

Greenmist as a HQ, and a REALLY nice 1h'er, that even rogues can use with great effect! (Should be Berserker, Guardian, Shadowknight, Brigand useable...and evil alignment useable only!  No lighty should be using this sword!)

No random drop page quests that result in HQ starters. (*cough Cloak of Flames*)

A new colorful armor like the type Iksar wore in EQ1!

Weapon quest series like the Khukri line for Iksar SK and the Cudgel for Iksar Shaman...but have one for every class (not subclass).

Swifttail Caste listed as "Bruiser" not "Monk". OR an ability for any Iksar bruiser to become an evil monk.

Sabertooth Tiger mounts!

The History of the Iksar says that Cabalis has already been engulfed into the Lake of Ill Omen due to the Rending. 

The Swifttails are monks. They wouldn't be asking for the Whistling Fist's knowledge in the village of Shin if they were bruisers.

Everything else you mentioned I have no objection to.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #29
Deadrus

Loremaster

Well i would imagin part of the reason Cablis would have flooded would have been becuase of the other lore that said Velious melted. But i would imagin part of velious melting and breaking up would be from the torrent of waters beating on the ice breaking it up. The seas are now calm. (thus us rediscovering Faydwer) Velious could be in the process of refreezeing. Thus waters from around kunark receading haveing cablis unflooded. And a great set up for the expantion after kunark Return of Velious?
Old 03-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #30
Chay

General

Ahhh... one more will the OOC and SHOUT be filled with the mournful question "Is this the way to the Burning Woods?" Kunark was by far my favorite expansion in EQ. First it relieved the terrible over crowding of the old world. Plus more dragons. Plus Chardok was fun for a good exp crawl. Tons of fun for my Enchanter. If this indeed is the next expansion then I'm very hopeful. I'd kind of like to see the Shissar and Sarnak to return...