EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Forum Help and Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
grymmstone

Loremaster

Are private messages working. I have sent several since the new boards launched and have not had one response.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
Snowdonia
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Majestic

Tester

There is no popup window to alert a person that they have new messages more is there a way to tell just by viewing the forums that you have any PMs (IE the "Private Messages" link having a number in ( ) or a "You have no new messages in your Inbox" sort of thing). The only way you can know you have new messages is if you have email alerts active or just regularly check your private message inbox. I myself had a private message sitting in my inbox for a few days before I decided on a whim to have a look and lo and behold I had one. I've enabled my email alerts for PMs but haven't recieved a new PM since doing so so have no idea if it's working or not. I DO wish we could enable popup alerts or the link would show if you had any new messages or not though.
Snowdonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
Snowdonia
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Majestic

Tester

Just to confirm, I got  PM today and did not recieve an email alert so that's broken as well.
Snowdonia is offline   Reply With Quote