EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-15-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
Reptilianb

General

Fury in combat Runspeed has to be Nerfed for pvp.. especially if they are going to turn off zoning when in pvp combat.

Auditor of Silence - Earing - 25% chance to Proc 9.8k Mental Resists...

come on dont even bother debating the runspeed furies...

a Troubadour

Reptilianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
Greenion

Loremaster

what needs changed imo is the large difference btwn in and out of combat runspeeds.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:45 AM   #3
Brigh

Loremaster

unless an army of coercers appear on the horizon, I don't think the mental boost is really all that bad.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:33 AM   #4
CresentBlade

Guardian

Reptilianboy wrote:

Fury in combat Runspeed has to be Nerfed for pvp.. especially if they are going to turn off zoning when in pvp combat.

a Troubadour

I agree NO ONE should have in combat speed NO ONE, the pact of cheetah and such was fine they were not active 24/7.

I dont see the earring really being that much of a problem.

CresentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:38 AM   #5
SweetheartRose

Lord

Furies are the WEAKEST healer by far, take away our in combat runspeed and you basicly make us a non viable pvp class against anything but wizards

Edit - just wanted to point out that 24-50 furies are perhaps the strongest pvp class and runspeed during those levels I can see being a bit overpowering.

post 50 and especially at 70 our heals are nowhere near enough to keep up with the damage people do in pvp unless we can lower their damage by getting away from them for a couple seconds.

At 70 every fury I know pretty much gets beat by brigs/assasins/swashies and I know personally if I see another healing class other than a fury I don't even bother trying to fight them.

SweetheartRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:52 AM   #6
Reptilianb

General

The earing makes fighters immune to troubadours..  and it will hurt chanters too.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #7
Norrsken

Loremaster

SweetheartRose wrote:

Furies are the WEAKEST healer by far, take away our in combat runspeed and you basicly make us a non viable pvp class against anything but wizards

Edit - just wanted to point out that 24-50 furies are perhaps the strongest pvp class and runspeed during those levels I can see being a bit overpowering.

post 50 and especially at 70 our heals are nowhere near enough to keep up with the damage people do in pvp unless we can lower their damage by getting away from them for a couple seconds.

At 70 every fury I know pretty much gets beat by brigs/assasins/swashies and I know personally if I see another healing class other than a fury I don't even bother trying to fight them.

ITs prolly 25-50 that mess you up. I agree, after 50, both druids lack most of their momentum and come down to the rest of the classes level. SMILEY

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #8
The_Real_Ohno

General

Norrsken wrote:
SweetheartRose wrote:

ITs prolly 25-50 that mess you up. I agree, after 50, both druids lack most of their momentum and come down to the rest of the classes level. SMILEY
Druids already took a big hit as they cant sit there and heal out of combat while u attack them.  To me that was the only thing that made them so hard to kill.  Throw on a couple snares and u got a dead Fury.  They dont need a nerf at all imo.
The_Real_Ohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #9
Norrsken

Loremaster

The_Real_Ohnoes wrote:
Norrsken wrote:
SweetheartRose wrote:

Druids already took a big hit as they cant sit there and heal out of combat while u attack them.  To me that was the only thing that made them so hard to kill.  Throw on a couple snares and u got a dead Fury.  They dont need a nerf at all imo.
I kill them just as fine on my toons as I did prior to that change.  Im not asking for them to be nerfed. They just have a lot of things going for them, such as extreme in combat runspeed (fury only), roots, mid to high dps and heals. Not to mention pretty good mit, and fair avoidance. Only thing is, having most stuff usually makes people not learn their class fully, since most of the time they wont need to. Most furies actually go down easier than some other classes simply because they believe their class will do all the work for them. Against skilled players, class becomes less important than actually knowing how to play it. SMILEY Now, in the hands of a skilled player, the druids makes for an interresting andversary, one that I like to go up against.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #10
Norrsken

Loremaster

Reptilianboy wrote:

a Troubadour

That one is slightly unbalancing yes. I'd even venture as far as to say its completely ridiculus.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #11
Eluzay

Lord

Reptilianboy wrote:
The earing makes fighters immune to troubadours..  and it will hurt chanters too.
NERF ROOT ... it is immunity to melee NERF stifle .... it is immunity to casters NERF heals .... it gives healers immunity NERF mez .... it is immunity to everyone NERF snare ... it allows people to kite us NERF NERF NERF NERF all the in combat run speed does is a) give fury's the option to run from a fight (but they will be stuck in the zone with no zoning in combat) b) chase someone that runs awaay, if you dont enter into combat you will still be able to zone fyi It is a nice class defining ability in pvp... you would have us all being exactly the same, i like diversity.
Eluzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #12
Nerfed_bat

Loremaster

Well I don't mind fury run speed in combat... but it need to be reduced some what because it is way rediculous to be able to run away so fast that there is no way in hell anyone could catch up... 

Note this run speed is more powerful than evac in away ... it allows fury to run someone down if the victim is about to run away... yet it also allow the fury to run away if the fury about to lose the battle and there is nothing anyone can do about (once cheetah has been casted).  So to be able to run away so fast that no one able to catch you is just like evacing out of a battle.

I was grouped with a fury a few times... and I know what I am talking about interm of getting away... my grp was able to run away so fast that it was rediculous... running at full speed for 60secs with 10sec immunity = no death unless they stiffle us.

Also it is a 3 min recast is also way too often....

well that is just my opinions...

Nerfed_bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #13
CresentBlade

Guardian

Eluzay wrote:
Reptilianboy wrote:
NERF ROOT ... it is immunity to melee NERF stifle .... it is immunity to casters NERF heals .... it gives healers immunity NERF mez .... it is immunity to everyone NERF snare ... it allows people to kite us NERF NERF NERF NERF all the in combat run speed does is a) give fury's the option to run from a fight (but they will be stuck in the zone with no zoning in combat) b) chase someone that runs awaay, if you dont enter into combat you will still be able to zone fyi It is a nice class defining ability in pvp... you would have us all being exactly the same, i like diversity.
Please dont even start with the class defining ability crap. Your a healer NOT a Bard, if you where a Bard then you could say class defining but your a healer....dont even try.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:49 PM   #14
Radigazt

Loremaster

Reptilianboy wrote:

a Troubadour

I disagree, with regards to run speeds here is what needs to be changed.  There should be no difference between In-Combat runspeed and Out-Of-Combat runspeed.  Think about it ... if a player X shot player Y in the back ... player Y should be moving slower, not player X.  If that arrow landed in player X's leg ... he should be running a LOT slower, hence the Snare combat arts and spells.  There is absolutely no reason to slow the person attacking and NOT slow the person taking damage.  Sure, I may be moving at 95% of my maximum speed while I'm throwing a dagger into your calf, but you are going to be doing much less than 70% runspeed, so I should be gaining on you, not you leaving me in the dust. 

Furthermore, there's just no way that a Troubador in Chain armor while continually playing a guitar (maintained concentrated musical buffs!) should be moving faster than a leather wearing warden in wolf form ... you're just not making any sense there.  If you want to cry about needing your Troubie buffed, do so, but nerfing fury and warden runspeeds doesn't make sense.  Furies are Lions and Tigers, Wardens are Wolves ... Troubadors and Dirges are musicians carrying guitars and moving in chain mail.

At the moment the two biggest things frustrating PvP are 1) Zoning Immunity that ends fights and provides God-Mode protection from PvP for people as they exploit it only coming out to gank green cons, and 2) Players being too spread out level-wise to find critical mass for frequent pvp'ing.  The second problem could be solved by fixing the mentoring process on PvP servers to make your competitive but not uber when you mentor down, then auto-mentoring everyone down to the same level for a certain zone.  I.E., if Antonica and Commonlands were to mentor down to level 25, they'd become hunting grounds for anyone level 25-70 but without needing to worry about level ranges.  Also, any level 70 would have to be careful going to his raid as he'd be vulnerable in every zone ... that would bring a lot of new intrigue to the game.  Then when those same players zone to Thundering Steppes, they'd be auto-mentored down to level 30.  Still minimal zone aggro, but a chance to PvP in a different tier.  Set all gear to the Mastercrafted versions when mentored down, etc.  and make a mentored player competitive with someone that level ... not uber like it is now and the reason they had to disable mentored PvP in the first place. 

Radigazt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #15
Radigazt

Loremaster

Gildorath wrote:
Eluzay wrote:
Reptilianboy wrote:
Please dont even start with the class defining ability crap. Your a healer NOT a Bard, if you where a Bard then you could say class defining but your a healer....dont even try.
Let's see Gildorath, what's your class defining ability?  Tracking?  Stealthing? ... no, for you it's Zone-hopping and abusing the immunity mechanism to exploit the loophole in code designed to make things fair for people with less capable computers.  I wonder how you'd fare if you were only allowed to zone once every 5 minutes, ROFL!
Old 02-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #16
Reptilianb

General

Pact of the Cheetah is enough imo for Fury's.

Having insane standard incombat runspeed makes them unkillable for most classes, and un-escapable. -- i am talking about lower tiers actualy too btw Sweetheartrose... but at high tiers too, anyone but the classes you mention and a couple others wil not be able to kil them either.

Its ok saying they are easy to kill if you are a ranger SMILEY but not everyone is.... if the incombat is lowered i woudn't mind givie them more ability/power(not as in mana SMILEY) at t7 in exchange.

Mr SK SMILEY --  I know your joking. Nice constructive discussion. Difficult to kite Death Touch. Diversity is good, but indestructability is a little strong? bit like PT.

Nerfed_bat -- defo, like the other day, a full group of us fighting one, he's on orange health, runs away, heals up, comes back, repeats. But i think Spirit of the cheatah is ok, at least thats not permenant.

Radigazt - come on, you snare them, but snares wear off, and when you dont have any snares, or when you have one snare, or when they cure themselves or use pots, they will get away, no matter what, unles they is nub.

Furthermore, there's just no way that a Troubador in Chain armor while continually playing a guitar (maintained concentrated musical buffs!) should be moving faster than a leather wearing warden in wolf form ... you're just not making any sense there.  If you want to cry about needing your Troubie buffed, do so, but nerfing fury and warden runspeeds doesn't make sense.  Furies are Lions and Tigers, Wardens are Wolves ... Troubadors and Dirges are musicians carrying guitars and moving in chain mail.

Firstly.. I'm not talking about problems with my troub and Furys at all.. I was talking about all classes vs furys, i haven't had a problem with incombat fury runspeed with my troub. But.. regarding your comment.. which is wrong.. Bards are King of Travel.. yes I wear Chain (in EQ1 wore plate).. IF EQ2 is following EQ1 Lore (which it is)... a Bard plays his Drums (or lute) for the sole reason to run at mach3, faster than any other class in the game, faster than a wolf, faster than a horse. So yeh.. try thinking about what EQ Classes are about first before you talk dribble?

I'm not bothered about Fury's having wizards nukes and heals at the same time (at low tiers) ... i'm just saying you cannot kill these furys even if there is 6 of u, 1 of him, and hes fighting back, because they can just run off at any time.

The Earing in t7, is a downer to the already seriously nerfed underpowered troub.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #17
munos

Loremaster

Gildorath wrote:
Reptilianboy wrote:

a Troubadour

I agree NO ONE should have in combat speed NO ONE, the pact of cheetah and such was fine they were not active 24/7.

I disagree bards should be the only one with incombat runspeed
munos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #18
Norrsken

Loremaster

munos wrote:
Gildorath wrote:
Reptilianboy wrote:

a Troubadour

I disagree bards should be the only one with incombat runspeed
I think the crusaders, being like, knights in shining armor, shoudl get incombat runspeed on horsies. SMILEY

Old 02-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #19
JadzeaDax

Loremaster

Reptilianboy wrote:

a Troubadour

I can see the earring being a huge problem for troubies since it procs so much.  Maybe they need reduce the proc.

And speaking as a fury myself, I think the in-combat runspeed is absolutley our of control.  Specailly since you can use it soooo often. It DOES need to be nerfed. It IS kinda like EVAC.  Sorta reminds me of SAFEHOUSE in a way.  Remember that?

Old 02-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #20
Norrsken

Loremaster

JadzeaDax wrote:
Reptilianboy wrote:

a Troubadour

I can see the earring being a huge problem for troubies since it procs so much.  Maybe they need reduce the proc.

And speaking as a fury myself, I think the in-combat runspeed is absolutley our of control.  Specailly since you can use it soooo often. It DOES need to be nerfed. It IS kinda like EVAC.  Sorta reminds me of SAFEHOUSE in a way.  Remember that?

Lets not forget the enchanters.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #21
Deceiv

General

JadzeaDax wrote:
Reptilianboy wrote:

a Troubadour

Hmm, calls for a fury nurf saying she is a fury with a bard sig....
Old 02-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #22
Deceiv

General

Also as a fury that has played on PvP since day one....

I got owned 90 percent of the time one on one at lv 70 with any scout , even if all i tryed to do was heal and keep my self alive there dps was always to high to heal through. Now with run speed I have a chance to live for more then 3 secs and I do win maybe 30 percent of fights with scouts 1vs1. But the wins I get now are not just to the run speed its also because we now have a root.

Figuers now that a scout class can't always own me in less then 3 secs they would call for a nurf.......

In all that time that i had NO chance to win aginst a scout I never came here and cryed for any nurf.Its pretty said that ppl cry for a nurf just because MAYBE I might live for more then 3 secs now.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:09 PM   #23
CresentBlade

Guardian

Radigazt wrote:
Gildorath wrote:
Eluzay wrote:
Reptilianboy wrote:
Let's see Gildorath, what's your class defining ability?  Tracking?  Stealthing? ... no, for you it's Zone-hopping and abusing the immunity mechanism to exploit the loophole in code designed to make things fair for people with less capable computers.  I wonder how you'd fare if you were only allowed to zone once every 5 minutes, ROFL!

Awww poor baby you just ticked I wouldnt stay and fight the 8 of you all levels 15 16. I didnt engage and zone I just was smart and didnt fight even when there was 11 of you some on each side. Glad I am such a threat, I will just catch you solo again and own you againSMILEY

As Ron White said. I dont know how many it would take to kick my [Removed for Content] but I knew how many they where gonna use. Everytime I tryed to fight one of you all solo all your buddies showed upSMILEY.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #24
CresentBlade

Guardian

Deceiver wrote:

I got owned 90 percent of the time one on one at lv 70 with any scout , even if all i tryed to do was heal and keep my self alive there dps was always to high to heal through. Now with run speed I have a chance to live for more then 3 secs and I do win maybe 30 percent of fights with scouts 1vs1. But the wins I get now are not just to the run speed its also because we now have a root.

Figuers now that a scout class can't always own me in less then 3 secs they would call for a nurf.......

In all that time that i had NO chance to win aginst a scout I never came here and cryed for any nurf.Its pretty said that ppl cry for a nurf just because MAYBE I might live for more then 3 secs now.

Druids are top of the food change now, which is fine. But in combat run speed is something NO class should have period and IMHO Bards should be the fastest out of combat run speed in the game.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #25
Deceiv

General

Gildorath wrote:
Deceiver wrote:

Druids are top of the food change now, which is fine. But in combat run speed is something NO class should have period and IMHO Bards should be the fastest out of combat run speed in the game.
Dude you are like a bully hiding in an alley , with your one shot keys and the ability to kill a leather wearing druid in less then 3 secs . Now that poor leather wearing druid might give you some trouble killing him in 3 secs you cry to momma for a nurf. Most of the time the druid did not even see it coming, poor baby i cant kill every druid now ...
Old 02-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #26
CresentBlade

Guardian

Deceiver wrote:
Gildorath wrote:
Deceiver wrote:

Dude you are like a bully hiding in an alley , with your one shot keys and the ability to kill a leather wearing druid in less then 3 secs . Now that poor leather wearing druid might give you some trouble killing him in 3 secs you cry to momma for a nurf. Most of the time the druid did not even see it coming, poor baby i cant kill every druid now ...
I wish the fights went that way THEY DONT. Other classes have in combat run speed also, hince why I said NO CLASS. Druids have never been a easy target to anything but ill/coer so please enough with the drama. Druids are the top class they are flavor of the month hince why you can see full groups of nothig but druids and tons of solo and duo groups of druids...but I guess everyone likes playing the underdog on PvP servers.../cough
Old 02-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #27
Deceiv

General

Gildorath wrote:
Deceiver wrote:
Gildorath wrote:
Deceiver wrote:

I wish the fights went that way THEY DONT. Other classes have in combat run speed also, hince why I said NO CLASS. Druids have never been a easy target to anything but ill/coer so please enough with the drama. Druids are the top class they are flavor of the month hince why you can see full groups of nothig but druids and tons of solo and duo groups of druids...but I guess everyone likes playing the underdog on PvP servers.../cough
    You are right, fights don't always go that way NOW. Now I might have a chance, before without root and run speed I had NONE. Get over that i might win 30 to 40 percent of the time now....
Old 02-17-2007, 12:54 AM   #28
Radigazt

Loremaster

Gildorath wrote:
Radigazt wrote:
Gildorath wrote:
Eluzay wrote:
Reptilianboy wrote:

Awww poor baby you just ticked I wouldnt stay and fight the 8 of you all levels 15 16. I didnt engage and zone I just was smart and didnt fight even when there was 11 of you some on each side. Glad I am such a threat, I will just catch you solo again and own you againSMILEY

As Ron White said. I dont know how many it would take to kick my [I cannot control my vocabulary] but I knew how many they where gonna use. Everytime I tryed to fight one of you all solo all your buddies showed upSMILEY.

Heh, I don't think I've ever seen you stay for ANY fight that wasn't a clear massacre, not to mention a fair fight.  Yeah, you don't attack anyone in mastercrafted gear, that's for certain, because you're not looking for PvP, you're looking to shoot fish in a barrel, and if there's more than one small sickly fish, you'll hide behind the zone immunity ... admit it, you exploit the immunity timers. 
Old 02-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #29
Radigazt

Loremaster

Gildorath wrote:
Deceiver wrote:
Gildorath wrote:
Deceiver wrote:

I dunno, I think Swashy's are FOTM (Flavor Of The Month) nowadays.  It used to be Conjurors/Necros, then they got nerfed about 3 times, then Bruisers/Monks, and they got nerfed, tho Bruisers got nerfed a lot more than Monks to be honest, then Rangers who got a mini-nerf coupled with a buff ... wierd but overall a mini-nerf, then Brigands who have had several nerfs then got an overpowerd AA (Safehouse) and now that's nerfed too.  I'd say that through most of that Wardens and Furies have been pretty decent, but when Echoes of Faydwer hit everyone rolled a Fae, and they're totally matched with Furies (including the 5% runspeed racial trait), so that's why Furies have been so FOTM.  Plus, lots of girls like Fae's and honestly lots of girls are interested in playing healers, particularly the nature-attuned druid classes, so I'll buy that they were FOTM for a bit.  But now, I'd say that Swashy's are FOTM.  They've survived all of the nerf-fests un-nerfed, with their DPS and Haste still in tact, off-tankability, de-tauntability, and even if/when the 40% nerf comes in (which will nerf Furies but not Wardens BTW) Swashy's will once again slip under the radar.  So, I've seen a ton of Swashy's these days ...

A Fury gets the bulk of his DPS from 2 spells, Strike of Thunder and Starburst (in T6/T7 he gets 2 more but they're sort of odd, one's an un-movable pet and the other stuns him). If mastered, both can exceed 40% of some people's health.  The other two main Fury attacks do minimal damage, so it's those two longish recast spells that give the Fury his DPS.  By contrast, Wardens get much better damage on their other two spells, but their big hitters are faster-recasting thus lower damage but similar DPS that will be unaffected by the 40% rule if/when it is implemented.  Wizards will be hard hit, but Warlocks will not.  Shadowknights Harm Touch will be majorly nerfed as will Assassin's big hits, but Assassins are just fine.  The biggest winners will be Swashbucklers, Rangers and Wardens ... just FYI. 

Old 02-17-2007, 01:17 AM   #30
EQ2Playa432

Loremaster

Radigazt wrote: A Fury gets the bulk of his DPS from 2 spells, Strike of Thunder and Starburst (in T6/T7 he gets 2 more but they're sort of odd, one's an un-movable pet and the other stuns him). If mastered, both can exceed 40% of some people's health.  The other two main Fury attacks do minimal damage, so it's those two longish recast spells that give the Fury his DPS.  By contrast, Wardens get much better damage on their other two spells, but their big hitters are faster-recasting thus lower damage but similar DPS that will be unaffected by the 40% rule if/when it is implemented.  Wizards will be hard hit, but Warlocks will not.  Shadowknights Harm Touch will be majorly nerfed as will Assassin's big hits, but Assassins are just fine.  The biggest winners will be Swashbucklers, Rangers and Wardens ... just FYI -------- Radi I hope you aren't a fury, because you don't seem to know what you are talking about. The "other two main fury attacks that do minimal damage" are not that at all. In scout fights, which many Furies here seem to have trouble with, shouldn't be a problem besides swash, assassin, or brigand. Those 2 dots are crucial in a scout fight to keep them out of sneak. And also, I'm not sure if you know this, but dots do more damage in pvp then pve. Just hit the check box.
EQ2Playa432 is offline   Reply With Quote