EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Testers Only
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2005, 06:49 AM   #1
Lieyna

Tester

Not sure if this is a bug or a new intended change. Evil Eye's in EL now seem to have a huge and I mean huge agro radius. I have harvested in that zone since I was high enough to get the access quest, so I know how close I can get to them without fear of agroing. Today that changed, I couldnt get twice the distance from them that I use to and I was still agroing them.Is this an intended change? If so, I am putting in a very strong objection to it. This puts harvesting a very rich area of nodes impossible without a group or duoing with another high lvl char. Even at lvl 39 one cannot solo the group enounter EE's and if you step anywhere up there you either are running for your life or dead.
Lieyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
Ultatra

Tester

I have noticed their aggro range has always been pretty far.  Although it is a rather large zone, and there are plenty of places to harvest in thereSMILEY
While I don't think an aggro radius of "out of sight" is a good idea, I don't think they should make it where you can harvest without danger...
Yes, it limits the places you can harvest safely, although harvesting should be more exciting than waiting around for your next spawn of the item you are looking for.   Although perhaps it is due to their extra good viewing abilities...I mean...if you were 90% eye, you probably would be able to see people trying to steal your harvests a bit further than the average...SMILEY

Nec
Ultatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
Kwoung

Tester

If you are talking about those watcher things that look like a EE.. then their agro range seems to have always been.. if they can see you. Those things agro from miles.. on the plus side, they are easy kills.
Kwoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:58 AM   #4
Lieyna

Tester

Its always been large, but NEVER this large. I have been harvesting in that area since Beta, I was not close enough to agro under normal circumstances. I will test it, since the only thing different was I was grouped with a lvl 45 at the time. Dont see how that could have changed anything but never know.
Lieyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:11 AM   #5
Aethn

Tester

Something is really not the same thats for sure.  I was barely up the way headed to Bogs Mill and 4 EE's jumped from from miles away.   One came from over the hill from RE, thats like 20% of the zone away.