EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Testers Only
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
Kwoung

Tester

We have people trying to level up provisioners, the fuel costs are quite high and now... woott... Level 20 superior food on the vendors for 14c?!?

How exacvtly is a crafter supposed to make a living with NPC's basically giving away stuff thats 10x better than they can make for a fraction of the cost it takes to make it. Are the provisioners now supposed to wait until everyones alts with banks full of 12 slot boxes full of this food run out before we have a market again?

This blows SMILEY

If you have to add a valentines day benefit, how about vases of flowers that players can pass to their loved ones and display in their rooms.. but sheesh, don't kill the provisioners entire level 18-30 market.
Kwoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
Corlin

Tester

One consolation Kwoung - I tested this holiday food today and it was also 66% worse than the Xmas stuff.  So although it's superior for store bought, it regens things at 1/3 the rate it did in December.  I would put it on par with the old average food/drink.

No way would I buy this over anything a T2 crafter could make.  Even at superior it's hardly worth the bother.

Note to Devs: best to relabel foods now.  Crafters should be above average, excellent, superior, outstanding, etc etc.  Store bought should be more like toxic, disgusting, barely edible, passing, etc.
Corlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
Kwoung

Tester

Corlin wrote:
Note to Devs: best to relabel foods now.  Crafters should be above average, excellent, superior, outstanding, etc etc.  Store bought should be more like toxic, disgusting, barely edible, passing, etc.

If what you say is so, then this definately needs to be done. I know I interpretted the patch notes to mean that "Average Quality" (store bought) food was reduced and High and Superior Quality (player made except on holidays) got a boost. Never did it occur to me that there would be multiple qualities of superior food, with player made High Quality being better than store bought superior quality..
Old 02-13-2005, 12:00 PM   #4
Corlin

Tester

If you dont believe me, buy some and clock it yourself.  My testing shows that Erollisi Day superior food/drink boosts regen rates 1/3 as much as the Xmas holiday food/drink.  I can only conclude that the patch notes meant all store bought food.

Hence the suggestion to rename the quality levels of store bought vs player crafted.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #5
Ultatra

Tester

I like the holiday foods/drinks...and dont think it will ruin the market...
It would be nice to see some figures thoughSMILEY
Ultatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #6
Corlin

Tester

I am sorry - recent patches are frustrating me into rudeness.  Here are the drink numbers (to a 24th Bard) ==>

Normal regen rate =     25/tick (a tick is 6 seconds)
Store Bought 20 Avg =   37/tick, or an additional +12
Player Craft 20 High =  55/tick, an additional    +30
Holiday 20 Superior =   55/tick, also additional  +30

(by the way, Bria's Ballad only adds +3 per tick, which is why so many bards dont bother.  The upgrade is supposed
to add +14/tick, and enchanters can create +41/tick)

The store bought 20 Avg was three times better before the patch.  I am not positive about Xmas Holiday food
as I was out of town and never got any (I was assuming it had to be better than pre-patch average).

ymmv

Message Edited by Corlin on 02-13-2005 04:57 AM

Message Edited by Corlin on 02-13-2005 06:22 AM

Old 02-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #7
Agathorn

Tester

So basicly right now the new holiday food is just as good as player food for much less :p
Old 02-13-2005, 10:57 PM   #8
Kwoung

Tester

Corlin wrote:
If you dont believe me, buy some and clock it yourself. 

I wasn't accsing you or anything.. sorry if it sounded that way. Problem one is, the food is level 20 and my chars are all below ten or above 30, so can't really test it myself.

Problem two is, that my provisioner has been working for a week now on and off making stuff... has stacks upon stacks of various level 20 foods that I was near completion on and about to sell... which now I am screwed because I have to compete with NPV's who sell it way cheaper and are falsely (according to your research) labeling their food as superior.

Old 02-14-2005, 11:27 PM   #9
Tyrusstorm

Tester

Well for what its worth.. I purchased a number of stacks of the holiday food/drink. I did not and have never number crunched so I took the advertised "superior" quality label at face value. I did check the broker before buying it and there was no food for sale at that time... I am dissapointed to find out that the food is no where near "superior" and I do understand Kwoungs comments.

I would agree that Flowers or a sculpture or something more permanent would have been a better idea.. but then again I love knick knacks :smileywink:

Casius Storm

of Test

"Duty and Honor Until Sword and Heart Break"
Tyrusstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:17 AM   #10
Ceruline

Tester

I'm also very concerned about the impact of the holiday foods. Pleyers on live are posting about having banked 20,000 units of the drink on alts with the intention of selling them later at below market prices (and still making a healthy profit on that 18c outlay...)Even high level characters are stowing tons of it, because even if it isn't optimal, it's cheap and loads better than most NPC bought food, and they don't want to pay provisioner prices (Which are admittedly too high, but that's a seperate issue (See other thread)With the quantities being bought, even if this stuff isn't as good as T2 provisioner food it's going to make it next to impossible for provisioners to sell good between levels 10 and 30....

Maybe I used too many monkeys...
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?
Ceruline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:45 AM   #11
CerraWhisperwind

Tester

What I fully expected them to do last Christmas was to turn all outstanding holiday food into regular rations and water (the 6c kind) after the holiday was over. This would prevent hording and would still allow something nice during the holiday.
CerraWhisperwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:49 PM   #12
Corlin

Tester

Bravo Cerra!  Excellent idea, and it seems SoE is listening to you, that's right... YOU! (*grins*)

Message Edited by Corlin on 02-15-2005 03:18 AM

Message Edited by Corlin on 02-15-2005 03:23 AM