EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Testers Only
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #1
Agathorn

Tester

Its pretty. Beyond that i'm afraid I don't like it.I do like having the level isted on the target bar, but then i'd already added that to my own custom UI a while back when the dynamic data tag was available :pThe new broders look nice, but visual recgonition is a PITA. I found myself having to keep hovering over the targets and reading the information to really be sure of what I was fighting.What's the difference between Heroic and Group? Is Heroic supposed to be a ^^^ mob, while group is a ^^ mob? Whats a ^ mob? Or is Group still the rating like before? Solo/Group? So how do you tell whats a ^^ mob vs a ^ mob or whatever? Its all very confusing.. Pretty but confusing. I have a feeling 99.9% of people are going to go back to classic con but I could be wrong.Some bugs as well. Some people would get the same graphic broder on a solo mob as well as a group mob, while I was getting different broders. Again though this may have something to do with the ^^ status instead of the Group/Solo rating. Need clarification on that please. Defintly need clarification.Now this new pretty information being over the head of the mobs is fine. Cool even. It looks nice, and the little level circle is neat. Often in the wrong spot and covering up names, but neat. The target window itself though is for fast visual recognition of the situation and is better off the old way IMHO. Just go ahead and put the level on the bar like we've done in our custom UIs SMILEY
Old 02-12-2005, 04:17 AM   #2
HanktheDwarf

Tester

A day late, but oh well.

The new Heroic stuff is still pretty much the same.  One and Two arrow mobs are Heroic instead of Group.  Three arrows are now Epic (x2) instead of Group (x2).  And solo mobs just don't say anything under it.  I guess it's SOE's attempt to give it a more fantasy feel.

With that said, I have noticed the implied targeting is messed up.  Everything shows up as conning white and still says Group (instead of the new stuff).
HanktheDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
Kadurm

Tester

Aye, myself and Toralu ran into that last night in Thundering Steppes, the implied target window would only show the "too far to tell what it is " white listing and never changed even after the mob was engaged.
Kadurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:11 AM   #4
Daffid011

Tester

Just my 2cents even if a bit late.LOVE the look of epic enounter mobs. They do really look great. I am a big fan of heraldry and it really captures that feeling of majestic encounters, to burrow a term. The bones/swords for solo vs group mobs look pretty good and easy to ID, nice that is shows up new to the name over the creatures head also. Levels next to creatures is nice, but I can live without it. I am very curious what the lives servers will term the icons.I have been playing with the new con system since the patch and have gotten by without seeing ^ and ^^. It has a nice look and feel to it and suits well for those who want to "explore" encounters more than the old con that has no secrets. I do find myself not delving the con window for information on monsters anymore as I don't like how the window flys all over the place (based on mouse pointer). I run a pretty tight UI with boxes of infromation where I like to see them. That window tends to cover up information that I want to see, especially so in the middle of a battle. If it were to popup in one set position it would be more suitable IMHO.All said and done I will be switching back to the old detail system when this goes live as I like seeing the different levels of creature toughness, up/down arrows. If you are not into the mystery aspect, then encounters do lose a bit of spark. Seeing two up arrows is a much scarier aspect than just one.
========================
Daffid011 is offline   Reply With Quote