EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Troubador
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-06-2005, 09:31 AM   #1
ashla

Loremaster

How in the heck do you complete the part in the hidden orc encampment.  I play the song for the orcish warriors till dranok gets to where he is going but as soon as I move afterwards I'm killed, what is with this.  Having lvl 40 mobs (that one hit kill) in a low lvl quest is ridiculous.  I can see if they are for looks and don't aggro but when they do it is not a trival issue.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated

I'm close to quitting this game, as this is a stupid hallmeark quest required to advance, if it was optional I could see the lvl 40's being there, how about you give players a break SOE.  I'm not a hardcore, but a casual player been playing since mid-Dec and this is how I get rewarded for playing advancing, makes me not want to bother with it anymore

Ashlee 19 Bard/12 Scholar
ashla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
ashla

Loremaster

btw I played till the first group runs off to die, but they are replaced by more orcs that aggro.  I got one-hit killed by them at lvl 19. 
Old 02-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #3
Nevari

This sounds a bit weird.What I did was playing the song till Dranok gets to his location. After the orcs move away and depop.That happened move to him, the way is clear.So reading your post I would strongly think it's majorly bugged as there should NOT be a new group of orcs and certainly NOT any getting aggro on you./bug it I suggest and do a /petition to get more fast help with that.Feeling with you. Sucks :smileytongue:
Old 02-06-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
ashla

Loremaster

I did /petition this as suggested and I'm still awaiting a response.  Why oh why must the responses take so long at a critical part of the game. 
Old 02-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
Not_The_Leaf

I started moving to him as soon as the group I was playing for started running...so I didn't encounter any other mobs...maybe try moving as soon as they start running

Austok

Old 02-07-2005, 02:18 PM   #6
Drac

I finished this quest by just running with the orc army on my tail until they stopped. That was enough to distract them. I tried to play the song to the orcs but as soon as I got close to start song they attacked....so I did it the other way...hehe. I had 10% life left when they stopped chasing me.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:09 AM   #7
ashla

Loremaster

problem with the lvl mobs now, is they one hit kill thanks to all the upgrades.  I got hit for almost 200% of my life.  I'm not sure if to retry doing this or just give up on the char