EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > History and Lore
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2004, 01:06 AM   #1
DudeMun

Does n e one maybe know wat side badies or goodies that u have to be on to have a chance at doing the froglok quest. or is it just a fair for all. :smileyindifferent:
DudeMun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 01:42 AM   #2
Shasto

DudeMunga wrote:
Does n e one maybe know wat side badies or goodies that u have to be on to have a chance at doing the froglok quest. or is it just a fair for all. :smileyindifferent:

That would be free for all, and no one knows yet. However, Frogloks are on the good side, so it is more likely a good quest, but no one knows for sure.
"Shastone: You lose irl and non-irl~" - WhispersEdge, AKA Entreri--Lv50 Assassin
Shasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:29 AM   #3
Fee

Well, seeing as how the good city has the frogs walking all over the place, it's pretty obvious that they're going to be good only. The NPC Froglok's even say "once we find our lost kin, we're all going to server under the banner of Qeynos!"
Fee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 05:37 PM   #4
Rounl

this is assuming that the frogs didnt change their mind because Lucan gave them an offer they couldnt refuse! SMILEY
Rounl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:52 AM   #5
Simi

Also remember that the Frogloks weren't looking forward to dealing with the undead Frogloks who still resided in Guk.  Say the Undead slayn all the live Frogloks, then they would be in Freeport and the last remaining in Qeynos would be all that's left of the Good Kermits.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:57 PM   #6
Straylig

General

They'll probably be a race like any other...with Qeynos as their starting city.

I'd like to see a Frog SK, myself.
Straylig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:52 AM   #7
alerka

Loremaster

Frogloks worshipped Mithaniel Marr in EQ1. This is a Good deity.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:33 AM   #8
KBB

They also got pounded by the Ogres in the past 500 years.
Yes they will be good almost certain.
KBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:40 AM   #9
froglockpalad

acctualy the ogres got pounded by the frogloks when they went into guk  thats kinda why they left guk to find that there entire army was wipped by the green mist yes i know they lost the battle at gukta but they didn't in guk yes they are good there no way and no were to put them in freeport any ways there in castle hamlet
froglockpalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:09 PM   #10
Ham

Look in the character creation race select... frogs are conveniently placed in the 'good' section so they will most llikely be good.

Although I'm pretty sure the Frog quest is going to be a big GM event in the Feerott or something so all races can participate.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:44 AM   #11
alerka

Loremaster

froglockpaladin wrote:
acctualy the ogres got pounded by the frogloks when they went into guk  thats kinda why they left guk to find that there entire army was wipped by the green mist yes i know they lost the battle at gukta but they didn't in guk yes they are good there no way and no were to put them in freeport any ways there in castle hamlet

I read the lore and it said the Ogres beat the heck out of the Frogloks so badly that they had to abandon Grobb/Gukta and flee to the dungeons of Guk. This may sound kind of confusing, but if you played EQ1 you will know what I'm talking about.

1) Grobb was the city of the Trolls.

2) Guk was a filthy place inhabited by primitive, savage Frogloks. Guk was slowly being overthrown by the Undead Frogloks in an even deeper part of Guk.

3) Mithaniel Marr (the god of courage or valor or something) blessed the Frogloks with intelligence and a temporary divine might.

4) With this temporary divine might, the enlightened Frogloks marched on Grobb and drove the Trolls out, who took refuge in Neriak, Foreign Quarter.

5) The enlightened Frogloks now built a shrine to Mithaniel Marr inside of Grobb and renamed the city Gukta.

6) The Ogres marched on Gukta and drove the enlightened Frogloks out, which fled and took refuge back in Guk, their old town.

The fact is whenever the Ogres and Giant rose up to conquer the world of Norrath, they were always sucessful. It was only the hands of the gods that stopped them. If the gods did not interfere, all the creatures of Rallos Zek would rule Norrath.

Old 12-10-2004, 10:06 PM   #12
Fee

Yes I noticed that as well with the placement of where the froglok picture was. All the good only races are at the top, then the neutral ones in the middle and the evil at the bottom. It even says when you place your mouse over them "see how you can help free this Noble race..."

Noble is not really an evil trait ^_^
Fee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 12:34 PM   #13
froglockpalad

obiviously you din't read it i said they did indeed get bet in gukta but in guk they did not becuase the ogres were too big so they had mostly walk single file into a death trap so to speek now what ever happaned to them after the ogres left remands to be seen and yes i know what your talking about i have indeed played eq 1 for a long time.

Message Edited by froglockpaladin on 12-10-2004 11:37 PM

Message Edited by froglockpaladin on 12-10-2004 11:38 PM

Old 12-23-2004, 02:38 AM   #14
quendari

For the folks who can't read froglokpaladin's posts, a little punctuation goes a long way.

froglockpaladin wrote:
obviously you didn't read it. I said they did indeed get beat in gukta, but in guk they did not becuase the ogres were too big, so they had mostly walk single file into a death trap, so to speak. Now, what ever happened to them after the ogres left remains to be seen. And, yes I know what you're talking about, I have indeed played eq 1 for a long time.

Message Edited by froglockpaladin on 12-10-2004 11:37 PM

Message Edited by froglockpaladin on 12-10-2004 11:38 PM

Message Edited by quendarius on 12-22-2004 04:39 PM

quendari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:43 PM   #15
Kondul

Frogloks are predominantly good, It'd be nice if at least a few of them could be evil. I mean, if you're trapped in a dungeon for a couple hundred years with a bunch of undead, someone's gonna get the idea in their head to try and control said undead. That leads to necromancy, and THAT leads to the darkside. SMILEY
Kondul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 11:04 AM   #16
froglockpalad

true there will be a few who will abandon the old ways and betray qeynos for freeport to follow the dark paths like my froglok necro who i want to make SMILEY

help us save the endangered frogloks from becoming extinct

go here to help http://bubbleman011.proboards2.com/index.cgi

Message Edited by froglockpaladin on 12-23-2004 10:07 PM

Old 12-25-2004, 08:12 PM   #17
ellry

Even if they are a good race you can always betray Qeynos, I would assume at least. And as far as the quest to unlock them I would be very suprised if it was made so that only good races could complete it. The impression I get is that SOE has made a very determined effort to make good and evil very balanced. Rilifane Rallathil
ellry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 10:22 PM   #18
Windy

ellrycs wrote:
Even if they are a good race you can always betray Qeynos, I would assume at least. And as far as the quest to unlock them I would be very suprised if it was made so that only good races could complete it. The impression I get is that SOE has made a very determined effort to make good and evil very balanced.

Rilifane Rallathil

You'd kidding right?

The qeynos quests are easiar, for better rewards, and more plentiful.  The mobs are easiar, safer place, generally less aggro, and weaker.  Both the quests and the mobs even seem to give more exp.

They balanced it pretty good, when you first start and it asks what difficulty do you want to play on Easy/Good or Hard/Evil. 
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 09:09 AM   #19
Kondul

ACtually, in my experiance, Good is easy to start, the "in city" zones seem a little friendlier, with fewer aggro mobs and such. But I find the Commonlands (at least to level 15 when I abandoned my Evil toon, and as far as I've gotten my good toon) Much superior to Antonica for general usage. Easier to find soloable mobs while waiting for groups, Orcs tend to stay in smaller groups, easy to find undead if you're hunting at 10-13 and get tired of Orcs.I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I find the two to be fairly balanced. Heck, even in quests, Freeport seems to have alot more "run this to zone X and back" quests as opposed to Qyenos which seems to have mostly "I need X mob_y's eliminated!" quests.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:00 AM   #20
Geilt

Loremaster

I remember hearing a story about How Guk came to have Undead Frogloks. I cant remember what the name of the person was but supposedly a power Troll Shaman Enraged at something the frogloks did, went on a killing spree in Guk going down into the depths and eventually sacrificing himself and killing hundreds and creating the undead frogloks through the curse of that deadly spell. Does anyone remember where this is from ?-Geilt Alasdair
Old 12-28-2004, 07:32 AM   #21
Kondul

That would be the original Lore of Guk from Eq1.Guk was a Troll city, long before EQ1, even long before EQ:OA. When the frogloks arrived on Antonica(then Tunaria) from Kunark, they found the trolls in Guk. I don't recall if they were enslaved or invited or what, but they ended up living in Guk with the Trolls. they had already, however, determined that the Trolls were evil, and one night, the Frogloks rose up, and began to kill the Trolls within Guk, chasing them from its tunnels. One of the last holdouts within Guk was a powerful troll shaman, he killed many Frogloks during the uprising, but in the end found himself overwhelmed. With the last of his strength he wove a powerful curse on Guk. He cursed it so that every froglok who ever died within Guk would rise again as an undead to plague his former comrades.In the time of EQ1 the frogloks still within Guk (which previous to Legacy of Ykesha was all Antonican Frogloks) were fighting a desperate battle to hold back the undead rising from the depths of the ancient city. In Lost Dungeons of Norrath it was revealed that a large portion of the City (the lost dungeon Deepest Guk) had been surrendered to the undead long ago and sealed off from the currently occupied areas.The lore I've seen about Guk in EQ2 says that, when the Rallosians advanced into Innothule swamp, the Frogloks resisted at first, but after several defeats, they were forced to fall back to Gukta. When the Rallosians over ran that city, what remained of the Froglok army proper sacrificed themselves in a stalling action to give the bulk of the survivng froglok populace the chance to get into Guk and seal themselves off from the advancing hoards. That's why there are so few frogloks in game, the Bulk of their race is still locked down in Guk, likely still battling the undead frogloks there.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:00 AM   #22
alerka

Loremaster

Kondular wrote:
That would be the original Lore of Guk from Eq1.

Guk was a Troll city, long before EQ1, even long before EQ:OA. When the frogloks arrived on Antonica(then Tunaria) from Kunark, they found the trolls in Guk. I don't recall if they were enslaved or invited or what, but they ended up living in Guk with the Trolls. they had already, however, determined that the Trolls were evil, and one night, the Frogloks rose up, and began to kill the Trolls within Guk, chasing them from its tunnels. One of the last holdouts within Guk was a powerful troll shaman, he killed many Frogloks during the uprising, but in the end found himself overwhelmed. With the last of his strength he wove a powerful curse on Guk. He cursed it so that every froglok who ever died within Guk would rise again as an undead to plague his former comrades.

In the time of EQ1 the frogloks still within Guk (which previous to Legacy of Ykesha was all Antonican Frogloks) were fighting a desperate battle to hold back the undead rising from the depths of the ancient city. In Lost Dungeons of Norrath it was revealed that a large portion of the City (the lost dungeon Deepest Guk) had been surrendered to the undead long ago and sealed off from the currently occupied areas.

The lore I've seen about Guk in EQ2 says that, when the Rallosians advanced into Innothule swamp, the Frogloks resisted at first, but after several defeats, they were forced to fall back to Gukta. When the Rallosians over ran that city, what remained of the Froglok army proper sacrificed themselves in a stalling action to give the bulk of the survivng froglok populace the chance to get into Guk and seal themselves off from the advancing hoards. That's why there are so few frogloks in game, the Bulk of their race is still locked down in Guk, likely still battling the undead frogloks there.

Nice post, however I have one eensy weensy comment. EQ1 was out before EQ Online Adventures SMILEY

Anyone want to bet that the Frogloks will have a town of their own in a soon to be released expansion sold in the stores?

Old 12-28-2004, 08:46 AM   #23
Kondul

EQ1 was out before EQ Online adventures, yes, but they chose to set EQ: OA 500 years before EQ1 in terms of Storyline. IN EQ: OA the continent is still called Tunaria, Parts of the forest which would eventually become the Dessert of Ro is still forested, and inhabited by Elves. The two Human cities were half the size they were in EQ1, etc. etc.And no, I doubt the Frogloks will get their own town. They might get their own island when we rediscover what's left of Innothule Swamp, but they'll likely start in Qeynos with the rest of the good races. UNLESS, of course, we discover Innothule, and the Frogs have a town at Guk, and the Trolls have set up shop back in Grobb. Then they might get a new town, but I imagine it'd be linked by boat to Qeynos, as Grobb would be linked to Freeport.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:10 AM   #24
Monkeygr

Since I arrived in Qeynos, I can report that almost all the Frogs I have encountered were painfully formal, stuffy, pompous and condescending.   No doubt they will live in Qeynos.  They even make the desparaging remarks about Iksar just like the other "goodly" races do.

am I alone?
is somebody there beyond these heavy aching feet
still the road keeps on telling me to go on
something is pulling me
I feel the gravity of it all
Monkeygr is offline   Reply With Quote