EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Coercer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-26-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
Vlaven

Loremaster

Following an excellent  post from Thinky and an healthy discussion on the coercer world channel, here a pretty good solo sequence of spells.  So here is goes

1.Mez

2.Debuf

3. Damage sequence

Ego blast
Eerie focus
Tyrannical mind
Seizure
Seizure
Ego blast
Perplexity
Tyrannical mind

Mez and keep it mezed till eerie focus up then back to 2.

Vlav

Vlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:12 AM   #2
Cornbread_GA

Loremaster

Thinky?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
Vlaven

Loremaster

Well I tink it was Thinky that I had to tank for the post.

Vlahv

Vlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:17 AM   #4
Dystr

General

this sequence is not necessary when fighting solo mobs, obviously.  besides that, i think this topic is a very dangerous one to discuss in public, in the same vein as i suggested in the "jury is back" thread.  i think we should start our own Yahoo group or something so that we can discuss strategy outside of the prying eyes of SOE and nerf-callers...

Dystrax Dysenchanted - 60 Coercer
The Tribunal - Butcherblock
Could I have a more appropriate last name?
Dystr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:33 AM   #5
Chath

Well, unfortunately, any public discussion is potentially subject to the scrutiny of TPTB.  How would we alert others to the presence of such a board?  How would we prevent Sony operatives from gaining access?

Used to be that whenever we'd do a raid (early EQ1), GM's would be present to watch what we were doing and then report back to the devs so the devs could change things to make the raids harder -- as if an average of four deaths per tank was somehow considered "easy".  I hated that.

The "Jury is Back" thread isn't really all that problematic, I don't think.  Plenty of other subclasses have stifle and stun abilities that work against epic mobs.  No amount of stifling an XP-granting epic mob is going to stop that mob from slaying any coercer the mob takes an interest in.  As long as monks can stifle and stun epic mobs, I don't think anyone cares that coercers can stifle them.  (Given how many epic encounters are reported not to "need" enchanters, the fact that coercers can stifle epic mobs when apparently they don't really need to be stifled for raid parties to succeed just further drives the point home that this ability isn't that crucial and doesn't merit attention.  When a group consisting of a guardian, a coercer, and a templar trios an epicx4 encounter, however... well, THAT shouldn't be discussed in public.  *wink*)

Chath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:42 AM   #6
Dystr

General

all excellent points, for sure.  all a utopian fantasy i suppose... forgive me, though, i cant help but think that someone at SOE is sitting there, waiting for some coercer to post about something great that we can do, just so they can take it away from us.  at the very least, there are other classes/players who are indeed nerf callers who will no doubt spot these 2 issues and snowball them into nerf.  i am not all that worried about them taking withering silence away, because as you said it apparently wasnt all that necessary.  its been pretty nice now that i started using it though.  its this thread that i am really worried about....

Message Edited by Dystrax on 06-27-2005 01:43 PM

Dystrax Dysenchanted - 60 Coercer
The Tribunal - Butcherblock
Could I have a more appropriate last name?
Dystr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:57 AM   #7
Pins

General

Dystrax wrote:
all excellent points, for sure.  all a utopian fantasy i suppose... forgive me, though, i cant help but think that someone at SOE is sitting there, waiting for some coercer to post about something great that we can do, just so they can take it away from us.  at the very least, there are other classes/players who are indeed nerf callers who will no doubt spot these 2 issues and snowball them into nerf.  i am not all that worried about them taking withering silence away, because as you said it apparently wasnt all that necessary.  its been pretty nice now that i started using it though.  its this thread that i am really worried about....

Message Edited by Dystrax on 06-27-2005 01:43 PM

They already are going to take it away. In fact, come combat changes, NOBODY will be able to stun/stifle/root/snare epic mobs. So for now, things will work in your favor, come combat changes, we'll see. No reason to complain about issues with spells currently, imo. That is, unless it's 2 months from now and the combat changes still aren't available, then people should start complaining about this.

Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest
Pins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:25 AM   #8
Chath

Dystrax wrote:
forgive me, though, i cant help but think that someone at SOE is sitting there, waiting for some coercer to post about something great that we can do, just so they can take it away from us.  at the very least, there are other classes/players who are indeed nerf callers who will no doubt spot these 2 issues and snowball them into nerf. 

I very much believe this is the case (Sony's got folks prowling around for "unintended" abilities).

I don't think the ability to stifle epic mobs is "something great we can do".  The fact that epic mobs have abilities which are innate and unstiflable suggests that the ability to stifle epic mobs was fully planned and/or intended.  (Well... as "fully planned" as anything was when the game got rushed out to beat WoW to market.)

Thought for the day: If the "innate" abilities are ones that cannot be stifled, then should we consider that unstiflable mez is the innate ability of the coercer?

Message Edited by Chatham on 06-27-2005 02:39 PM

Chath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #9
ProteusTielaxi

Loremaster

How do you stop from running OOP while doing this? I've got good gear (over 2700 power), AdeptIII or master on my damage spells, yet I run OOP pretty fast on green lvl 40-41 mobs (I'm 45). Normally, I use DOT's to drain power from the mob..not really an option here. Perhaps at 46, once I get clarity, this will improve.....?
ProteusTielaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:50 AM   #10
Cornbread_GA

Loremaster

Clarity helps