EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Coercer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
Azmode

General

Some new changes were unveiled during FanFaire.   I for one would love to see the group/raid mana regen.

Azmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:16 PM   #2
Nerj

Sure, sounds good but what are "Elemantlists"? :smileysurprised:

Message Edited by Nerjin on 06-13-2005 12:32 PM

Lockeye wrote:
I've watched coercers who solo higher con heroics using 2 unbreakable roots while keeping 2 separate encounters locked down at the same time (no other class could pull off such a heroic feat). That is called Crowd Control. What Enchanter's are supposed to do.
Nerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
Azmode

General

Yea I saw that too.  They must mean enchanter..... but then again you never know with SOE   SMILEY
Old 06-13-2005, 09:08 PM   #4
Malstry

General

i think elementalist is referring to conjurer/summoner types...i dont have much hope really.
Malstry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #5
Vurin

Loremaster

I wasn't at this particular meeting where this comment was made, but I wouldn't put too much stock in its contents. I can definitely say I heard a big fat "No ( at this time)" for any sort of group buff effecting an entire raid. I.e. no raid wide conc buffs or even duration buffs. I also didn't hear anything about limiting Breeze lines to be group only either ( and trust me if i had I'd have gotten my whine on)
Old 06-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #6
Sever

Loremaster

I agree that it will probably never go in, but in the least, I can expect my pr buff to go to a shorter recast (still praying) because since the start of the game, the direction of the game has changed, but only part of the spells direction has changed with it (3 minute timer moved to a 15 minute timer, but 16 sec recast staying). As for "Elementalist" the closest thing I can come up with would be Illusionist, as they someone sound alike and have the same suffix and the prefix "almost" sounding alike. Illu --> Eleuu, lol, don't know, but with as bad as hearing is getting in America, its possible! But then again, I would rather they referred to changes effecting the Enchanter class as a whole, not just one of the subclasses. Saden 50 Illusionist Officer of Genesis Highkeep *** /join highkeep.illusionistworld *** Where Illusionists feel at home! Perhaps a dirty Coercer too!
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:22 PM   #7
xev

The Elementalist their referring to is the Wizard. Alot of raid mobs have high resist in Heat and Cold so they get resisted alot. On riads, Wizards are more effective at being mana pumps. The give some of their power to another person when they get low.
xev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:34 PM   #8
Azmode

General

I doubt they are talking about wizards.  Wizards dont spend ALL their time mana pumping single cast on groups non stop.  If they do they are playing the wrong class and totally gimping the group. 

This is the quote from the article 

"Elementalists receiving a group power regeneration spell. What a reaction from the crowd! Everyone all was agreeing at this because Elemantlists always use the single version of this spell over all the group members constantly, so let’s please ease their burdens and make this happen for them developer team"

Oh the poor wizard has to maybe dump on an OOM cleric once in a blue moon.  Have you ever buffed a 24 man raid with clarity and keep them buffed, and also rebuff the people that die? That my friend IS a burden. 
Old 06-17-2005, 11:40 PM   #9
Zephyrus1

Nice to hear that templars are going to be able to solo better... any chance we will too?
Old 06-17-2005, 11:43 PM   #10
Tanatus

Loremaster

Nope we wont.....
Moorgard clearly said enchanters will get shaft with new combat change - DPS will NOT increased instead SOE will lower DPS of fighters and priests so bad that you finally will able outdamage em
Tanatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:24 AM   #11
Tasnus

Loremaster

Man, I've been clamoring for raid buffs for forever. but yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up.. not soon anyway

Tasnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:04 AM   #12
xev

Azmodeus
Oh the poor wizard has to maybe dump on an OOM cleric once in a blue moon.  Have you ever buffed a 24 man raid with clarity and keep them buffed, and also rebuff the people that die? That my friend IS a burden. 

I do it every night. It a royal pain in the [Removed for Content].

The reason I figured it was the wizard because they used the name Elementalist. Coercers have nothing to do with the elements (like heat and cold).

Also, is it possible that their are raiding groups that only have a wizard avaialble for power? =P
xev is offline   Reply With Quote